OBDII Scanner reading misfires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So I have a bluetooth OBDII scanner and I ran a live feed of it on my phone during a 8-10 mile drive and it said there were around 22 misfires, 12 of which were in the cylinder 1. Cylinder 4 had like 6 and the other 2 had 3. Is this normal or should I get this checked out. My CTR has around 6000 miles on it.

UPDATE:
The scanner appears to show that it only misfires on down shifts and at idle. It does not misfire on acceleration at all
Sponsored

Last edited:

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the check engine illuminate? If it's not maybe the scanner is faulty? Missfires are picked up by the car's ECU as soon as they occur and check engine lights up.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
do you track that car if so check spark plugs see how they look coils also should be cheked, bad gas could also be a problem

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
It depends how long your drive was. The longer the drive, the more revolutions. For example, assume your commute is a hour and the average RPM is 3000. That means 180,000 revolutions with 22 of them as misfires; that’s about 0.001 % misfires. Misfires are typically too much timing retard and make some awful noise.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Does the check engine illuminate? If it's not maybe the scanner is faulty? Missfires are picked up by the car's ECU as soon as they occur and check engine lights up.
The engine light is not on.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
do you track that car if so check spark plugs see how they look coils also should be cheked, bad gas could also be a problem
I don't track the car, but it is true the gas may be bad considering that I am in Pittsburgh and it is the middle of winter.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Sometimes check engine won't show because the ecu always through pending codes , then once its shure the problem is evident ,then check engine pops up if you have a good full system scanner it will tell you everything i use
Luanch 431x very good scan and diagnostic tool and it opens all sensors on the honda civics 10th gen including the type r
Sponsored