jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My obd port seems to be pretty loose, I have my dash cam hooked up to it and sometimes it won’t turn on. If I unplug and plug it back in all is good. I would upload a video but I get an error each time I try.
Wanted to see if anyone else has an obd port that wiggled?
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I had noticed this as well. Both with my BAFX module and KTuner V2 OBD connector. Seems to be a Honda thing after talking to a few local 1.5T owners.

You can look underneath and check to make sure the retainer tabs on the plug aren't broken. If that looks good, try reaching behind the port on each side, and apply gentle, even pressure between it and your dash cam plug. GL. :cool:

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed mine was a bit loose as well...assumed I must have kicked it while the ktuner unit was plugged in maybe it’s normal

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I have a BT OBD2 reader plugged in and mine is loose af. I hooked up and extension cable and keep the reader in the door cup holder.

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Country flag
mine is loose too. they tried to charge me to fix it at the dealer because i "plugged something into it" :rolleyes:. had to talk to the manager and they didn't charge me...

going to buy a low profile obd extension cable so i'm not constantly plugging/unplugging into the port. i noticed when unplugging my bluetooth obd adapter it would break it loose.
Sponsored