Now that summer is here, here's how to spot another Civic SI Driver

BobbyA

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (PRL Stage 1, Hondata FlashPro, PRL Flex Fuel e85, HardRace Rear Mount, Megan Racing Strut Bar) Wish List: PRL Catted Downpipe, Eibach Pro Springs Kit, Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood & Trunk.
Country flag
With warmer temperatures, comes new liabilities....

Honda Civic 10th gen Now that summer is here, here's how to spot another Civic SI Driver hand.JPG
Sponsored

etcsthorne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

hand.JPG
YUP! About burned the crap out of my hand today taking off from work. Joe Pesci in "Home Alone" after he grabs the heated door handle, except there was no snow for me to bury my hand in. Getting a new shift knob seems the only option. Heat buildup inside the car makes it hot even if it's covered.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
You should call a local lawyer ... I mean how much $$$ did the girl who spilled Mcdonalds Coffee on herself get? I think it was in the multi million range ... sadly our country has deteriorated into a muck ... but ... you have substantial first maybe pre second degree burns for which you HAVE TO navigate your automobile. This is an unintended situation that Honda has created and YOU do have a medical situation.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
We only need ONE disgruntled subject to begin a mass action lawsuit ... You are it my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Driving gloves? ;)

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
or get a shift knob that doesn't have metal?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I always looked at metal shift knobs and just hate to think about how they felt when sitting in 90° weather with the sun beating on it. If it had an Si first thing i'd do is change out the metal one for something else.

MtnBikeAZ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

hand.JPG
I bought my Si last July. I live in Tucson where its regularly over 100 degrees daily during the summer (which runs till Oct). I was carrying a bandana in my car to be able to drive out of the work parking lot each day. I thought how sad that looked in my brand new car. So I bought a carbon fiber shift knob and its great! No more burnt hand.
Honda Civic 10th gen Now that summer is here, here's how to spot another Civic SI Driver IMG_7204.JPG

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Drove home from work the first 90+ degree day since getting my car, walk in the house and complain to my boyfriend that it burnt me. His response(as someone whose had his Si 10 years) “yep” I asked for suggestions to prevent it and was told to suck it up :rofl: we are firm believers of tough love.
So now I just shift gingerly and avoid the metal as I can until I get the itch to change my shift knob.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my Si last July. I live in Tucson where its regularly over 100 degrees daily during the summer (which runs till Oct). I was carrying a bandana in my car to be able to drive out of the work parking lot each day. I thought how sad that looked in my brand new car. So I bought a carbon fiber shift knob and its great! No more burnt hand.
Honda Civic 10th gen Now that summer is here, here's how to spot another Civic SI Driver {filename}
was curious if CF was actually worth it for this (since I'm in Phoenix).
I have a Delrin one (from @Boomba Racing ) and it's still hot, although I have the aluminum cap on it...
Sponsored