Novice exhaust question

Prodigy71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav 4 , GTI
Country flag
How much hp can be seen with a catback system like the HKS legamax?? Without a tune or device that can tune. I wanna get an exhaust system for the sound but dont wanna sacrifice any loss in hp or torque. I remember when I had a 240sx with the KA engine, i was actually losing some hp from an exhaust system. Is this the same case for the type r?? Or will the car actually gain a bit of hp/torque? novice question :p:D
Sponsored

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
How much hp can be seen with a catback system like the HKS legamax?? Without a tune or device that can tune. I wanna get an exhaust system for the sound but dont wanna sacrifice any loss in hp or torque. I remember when I had a 240sx with the KA engine, i was actually losing some hp from an exhaust system. Is this the same case for the type r?? Or will the car actually gain a bit of hp/torque? novice question :p:D
Unlike a N/A car, turbo cars generally should pick up some torque/horsepower from a larger exhaust system because turbos more or less only care about the exhaust gas pressure delta across the turbine wheel. Bigger exhaust = less pressure in general. That being said, the claims from various companies are all over the spectrum and the OE downpipe has two CATs in it which is pretty restrictive.
As we go through the development of the 27WON CTR exhaust we will be testing on both the OE DP/FP and a performance DP/FP to see how and where the car makes power.