First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We all know the ctr retro fit is the best and there are other good clutches out there but I like to over build. So I daily drive my car and most of its 6k+ miles are stop and go. My clutch is slipping a little bit, imagine that, so I was thinking the fx725 street twin disc. I really don’t want to worry about the clutch no matter how far I go with it power wise later on.

Does anyone have experience driving this clutch in a daily driving scenario or just any experience at all?
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Your car modded? Slipping clutch at 6k is messed up unless you're putting down some power.

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Highly doubt your clutch is slipping at 6k. I think you're paranoid. I just pulled the trigger on the fx350

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your car modded? Slipping clutch at 6k is messed up unless you're putting down some power.
I have a prl sri, catted dp and the tsp1. Oh it’s definitely slipping, I’m definitely not easy on this thing. It’s totally my fault, not Honda at all. I beat on this thing and no lift shift every time I do pulls. I never planned on keeping this bone stock for 100k miles or anything. I just wanna find out if dailying a twin disc that is labeled “street” really a good idea or not.

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Highly doubt your clutch is slipping at 6k. I think you're paranoid. I just pulled the trigger on the fx350
I thought i was at first but it definitely is. I’m not nice to the clutch. I do what everyone says not to, low rpm full throttle pulls mainly cause I love how the power comes in, I know it’s stupid but I do plan on doing a lot more to this thing and just want to make sure I’ll have enough clutch for it down the line.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have any personal experience with the twin disk on this platform but I have not read about anyone using it in their daily driver.

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
3,100 miles and my clutch slips in 4th 5th and 6th in map 2 and 3. Dp/fp, full exhaust, cobra, tsp stage 1. After I change my clutch gonna get an intercooler then the W1, I was also curious how streetable and long a twin disk would last.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We all know the ctr retro fit is the best and there are other good clutches out there but I like to over build. So I daily drive my car and most of its 6k+ miles are stop and go. My clutch is slipping a little bit, imagine that, so I was thinking the fx725 street twin disc. I really don’t want to worry about the clutch no matter how far I go with it power wise later on.

Does anyone have experience driving this clutch in a daily driving scenario or just any experience at all?
The Double Disc Clutch causes high pressure on the gears. the gears to slightly push on the speed sensor in the transmission and in most cases will completely knock out the speed sensor. If I'm not mistaken @BMSPEC runs a double disc clutch on his FK7 and he's knocked out a few sensors.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought i was at first but it definitely is. I’m not nice to the clutch. I do what everyone says not to, low rpm full throttle pulls mainly cause I love how the power comes in, I know it’s stupid but I do plan on doing a lot more to this thing and just want to make sure I’ll have enough clutch for it down the line.
low RPM full throttle pulls is exactly why your clutch is slipping. You can't floor it on these cars until after 3500-4000 or the clutch gets sketchy after 2nd.

edit: I just read you no lift shift. Good luck to you and your endeavors.

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
low RPM full throttle pulls is exactly why your clutch is slipping. You can't floor it on these cars until after 3500-4000 or the clutch gets sketchy after 2nd.

edit: I just read you no lift shift. Good luck to you and your endeavors.
Haha yes I know, I’m doing what everyone says not to but I do plan on building this thing. Is there a fix for that speed sensor issue or just keep checking on it and have spares?

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha yes I know, I’m doing what everyone says not to but I do plan on building this thing. Is there a fix for that speed sensor issue or just keep checking on it and have spares?
You realize you need to break open the transmission and drop it from the engine every single time you break it right?

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's all fun and games until you just blew up your 24k car that's owned by the bank and still have to pay for the repair + the car.
A transmission will set you back a few thousand. A motor, maybe 2 grand max. Doing gear pulls at low rpms not only puts strain on the motor, clutch and flywheel assembly, you're also no lift shifting. This puts extreme strain on the transmission (3 and 4th in these cars are very very weak.)

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You realize you need to break open the transmission and drop it from the engine every single time you break it right?
No I did not, thanks for clarifying. I’m just trying to figure out if it’s worth getting this clutch or not.

It's all fun and games until you just blew up your 24k car that's owned by the bank and still have to pay for the repair + the car.
A transmission will set you back a few thousand. A motor, maybe 2 grand max. Doing gear pulls at low rpms not only puts strain on the motor, clutch and flywheel assembly, you're also no lift shifting. This puts extreme strain on the transmission (3 and 4th in these cars are very very weak.)
Yes I’m aware of all this. None of that is an issue for me. Just need clarification on this clutch, not what I’m doing will cause issues. I’m very aware but thanks for the info.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No I did not, thanks for clarifying. I’m just trying to figure out if it’s worth getting this clutch or not.

Yes I’m aware of all this. None of that is an issue for me. Just need clarification on this clutch, not what I’m doing will cause issues. I’m very aware but thanks for the info.
A twin disc clutch is not very streetable.
The engagement point will move every so slightly depending on temperature of the clutch.

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just wait for the ACT 6 puck coming out this month. It will provide daily drive ability and you won't have to worry about a clutch for a long time unless you plan to make over 500lbs of tq
Sponsored