Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Hi y'all!

Between searching through this forum and watching Donut Media on YouTube, I have a general idea of what I'm looking for but if anyone could answer these potentially noob questions it would be very appreciated!

I have a 2017 LX that is completely bone stock, the only modification I've made to it is adding smoked side-markers. Just to make myself clear, I'm only interested in modifying my car for looks (please don't hurt me) so take that into consideration. I'm looking to achieve a flush/aggressive fitment with stock suspension if that's possible. I want to avoid rolling fenders, removing fender liners, any of that stuff.

What wheel specs should I be looking for? What's important to know before purchasing a wheel+tire combo? If you've upsized your tires from stock, how many mph off is your speedometer? - is that annoying to deal with?

If you have any pictures that are inline with what I mentioned above, please post them!
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Depends on how fat of a tire you want to run to give you width and how big of a wheel (17’s, 18’s, 19’s??) you want to use. Tires is a matter of where you live do you need all seasons or summer tires.
I’m running Avid1 AV27 18x8.5 +35 offset (which is the idea offset) and have Firestone Indy 500’s. I am lowered on Eibach Sportline lowering springs as well. I have a non-Type R but got a brembo Big brake Kit since the stock calipers we’re looking very sad behind those wheels. But you can see the Fitment there

Attachments

OP
OP
s6lars

s6lars

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I'm in PA so it's snowy winters and warm/rainy summers. I've driven on all seasons all my life and plan on continuing to do so. I like the beefier look but with stock suspension I'm not sure how that'll look. With your wheel/tire setup, have you noticed if your speedometer is off? That's been the only question I can't seem to find an answer too as it seems pretty inconclusive with any Google search I've done.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I’m off by 1-3mph not much but it’s correct through hondata

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay