Not much love for 2016 Coupes on EBay

Medar1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 1.5 Turbo
Ever since I bought my Coupe, I've been looking for parts to upgrade it. I see so many cool things on eBay but most parts are for just the sedans. I don't need four items only two. Most of this deals with door mods but I rarely see much as far as exterior mods for Coupes either. What no concept style exhaust defuser for me? After viewing this site for months I have conceded that the Coupes are the minority of this community. I just wish our needs were met too lol. Coupe parts matter!
Sponsored

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
The 10th gen Civic is very new on a relative basis. I would expect it to take the aftermarket a while to have a ton of mods / accessories for it. Coupe or sedan. In the big scheme of things, we're very early along in the car's life cycle.

When the 8th or 9th gen Civics were first on the market, I'm sure the supply of aftermarket goodies was similarly skimpy.

A lot of the mod scene involves used cars, too, not necessarily new ones. The new Civic hasn't been out long enough for very many used ones to exist at all. A lot of the mod/tuner scene involves 5-10 year old cars. Heck, there are people modding Civics from the nineties to this day.

I would expect the aftermarket for the 10th gen coupes and sedans alike to be far broader two years from now.

Also, the sedan probably outsells the coupe by a healthy margin. Thus, the potential demand for accessories is higher, so the aftermarket will likely concentrate mostly on the sedan until there are enough coupes on the road to warrant producing stuff for them. It costs a lot of money to design, test, and produce an accessory. So it won't happen for a while after introduction, and until the companies involved are sure there is enough demand.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's mostly because the coupe is made only for North America while Sedan is made in China and and many other countries, so it's very hard for Chinese companies to test the parts for the coupe and the market is much smaller for them too.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Yep. Between the sedan being a much more global platform, and the coupe having released much later than the sedan, it's going to take a while for a lot of their aftermarket stuff to start showing up. Patience my friend, your day will come.

You could always stage a coup(e) if you're that upset about it. (See what I did there...)

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wait, our rear bumper is much more similar to the hatch than the sedan. I wouldn't be surprised to see crossover stuff between hatch and coupe. I'm talking center diffusers and exhaust finishers, I realize the black garnish pieces on the hatch are monstrous and the overall shape around the corners is more than likely different.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
We Coupers need to keep in mind that the production ratio is, I think, about 5:1 sedans:coupes (US and Canada) and the coupe debuted much later. I don't know which I love more -- the exterior or interior. It's such a good looking car. I'd really like to have the dual exhaust tips show just a bit out the back (without excess heating or doing any damage, of course).

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
There will be more love for coupes once the Si comes out - its always going to be harder to get parts when there's less demand for those parts. Though a lot of the parts might be Si specific.
Sponsored