Not having a spare actually worked out...

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A coworker of mine just came over and asked me if I had a tire pump, as she was about to leave work, had a low tire, and knew I was the "car guy" of the office.

"Sure don't.... Actually, you know what, I think my new car doesn't have a spare, but has a patch kit and..."

So, er, thanks Honda, for helping my coworker with her Ford Fiesta and a low tire.

:D
Sponsored

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've always had a little compressor thingy in my (previous) cars. I ain't putting any quarters in slots for compressed air at gas stations... :p
What's funny is she normally has one; I've had to use hers before with my previous car LOL. She had I guess used it last on her husband's car and forgot to put it back in hers.

theCamelCaseBandit

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
I was just going to ask if it is ok to use the pump for routine tire inflation, thanks! Still not too happy about not having a jack and donut. I think I've had 3 or 4 blowouts and only 1 puncture in my lifetime driving career :p

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've always had a little compressor thingy in my (previous) cars. I ain't putting any quarters in slots for compressed air at gas stations... :p
I have one too for the exact reason!

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
HA! Well, aside from the fact that we're both already married, I am glad it didn't.

(I'll be nice and leave it at that...)

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
A coworker of mine just came over and asked me if I had a tire pump, as she was about to leave work, had a low tire, and knew I was the "car guy" of the office.

"Sure don't.... Actually, you know what, I think my new car doesn't have a spare, but has a patch kit and..."

So, er, thanks Honda, for helping my coworker with her Ford Fiesta and a low tire.

Just curious how long it took to pump up the tire? I tried to help a teammate with a flat and spare tire that was low... hooked up the pump and nothing seemed to happen even after 4 mins or so. It was a huge tire (Jeep liberty)

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious how long it took to pump up the tire? I tried to help a teammate with a flat and spare tire that was low... hooked up the pump and nothing seemed to happen even after 4 mins or so. It was a huge tire (Jeep liberty)
I don't remember exactly, but it was a like a minute at most.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
What's funny is she normally has one; I've had to use hers before with my previous car LOL. She had I guess used it last on her husband's car and forgot to put it back in hers.
You were hitting on a married woman?

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You were hitting on a married woman?
What part of any of my posts in this thread make it sound like I was hitting on anyone?

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
What part of any of my posts in this thread make it sound like I was hitting on anyone?
I just wanted to vicariously live out a workplace romance through you.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag

Fuck your coworker, the fact that "not having a spare" can at all be considered a good thing. Is horseshit... Im not captain save a hoe like you. Not even for my own family. Theres a reason a car SHOULD include a spare tire. Not a fucking Can of slime pump..

Nothing beats a spare... NOTHING!!!
Sponsored