|Noobie!| |Ktuner or flash pro|

solidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-t 2017
Hi guys I'm super new to this forum and hondas in general! I have a 2017 civic ext with just an Injen short ram intake. I'd really appreciate the help cause it's seems like everyone is super nice and informative on here. I just want to use it out of the box. In a sense I don't wanna buy anything else if I don't have to. So what is better for me ktuner v1/v2 or flash pro
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys I'm super new to this forum and hondas in general! I have a 2017 civic ext with just an Injen short ram intake. I'd really appreciate the help cause it's seems like everyone is super nice and informative on here. I just want to use it out of the box. In a sense I don't wanna buy anything else if I don't have to. So what is better for me ktuner v1/v2 or flash pro
First welcome to the forum. Second, the search function works really well here and there are lots of threads on this already. Third, its really up to you what you want to do. Flash Pro has a CARB legal version now that is completely 50 state street legal. It limits what you can tune but it comes with the same tunes as the non CARB flash pro, just less access to custom tune on. Ktuner v1 and v2 come with the exact same tunes and customization options but the v2 has a nice touchscreen and allows you to datalog without the computer, just like FLash Pro. Fanboys of each one will tell you why one is better than the other. I have both, and they are both pretty awesome. Im currently getting a custom tune on a v2, but I ran FLash Pro for 10k miles no issue at all. Just wanted a custom tune and my tuner sent me towards the Ktuner for custom boost by gear on my CVT.

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Likewise, welcome to the forum! I, too, am using a KTuner V2 and am getting a custom tune. The recommendation came from my tuner (likely the same one that @dallasjhawk is using) due to more fine-tuning available (at the time of purchase). Is it possible that functionality will be implemented in one and not the other in the future? Sure, but nobody can say with certainty. So far, I've been quite happy with my KTuner V2, but I also had a Hondata KPro on my 2004 Integra Type-R, and was happy with it as well.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd have to give another vote for Ktuner. Even if you are just making simple modifications yourself I think Ktuner gives you easier ways to do that. (quick adjustments, etc) What you will have to decide next is do you want to go with the touchscreen display or not. IMO the V2 display is awesome but if you are just using an off the shelf base tune and leaving it alone after that you may not have as much interest in the display.

OP
OP

solidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-t 2017
Thank you guys!!!! Honestly I have been doing much research on the two, and have decided on the ktuner! I think I'll be getting the v2 so it makes it easier for custom tunes down the road! I also have a manual transmission, that's fine right?? Thanks for explaing about the search function as well @dallasjhawk I'll be sure to use that next time!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you guys!!!! Honestly I have been doing much research on the two, and have decided on the ktuner! I think I'll be getting the v2 so it makes it easier for custom tunes down the road! I also have a manual transmission, that's fine right?? Thanks for explaing about the search function as well @dallasjhawk I'll be sure to use that next time!
no porblem man! You manual is a much better choice to tune than my CVT! If you havent bought one yet check out Michael Hinton @axion_industries he took care of me.

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B
Im just curious, once you flash the ecu, you dont need to have the ktuner plug in anymore right? meaning I can just leave it at home if I am not data logging?

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im just curious, once you flash the ecu, you dont need to have the ktuner plug in anymore right? meaning I can just leave it at home if I am not data logging?
That's correct. You don't need it plugged in unless you're 1) uploading a new calibration or 2) datalogging. You always could mount it, though, and have a neato display. :p

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you just want to use it out of the box the FlashPro has preset calibrations for most available intakes, including your Injen SRI. That will save you tuning time and money.

If you want to guarantee you will pass future emissions tests we have just released the CARB FlashPro. If you live in California that is particularly important.

If you want the lowest price, you can choose the Injen SRI reflash from one of our many local authorized dealers for just $350.

The FlashPro calibration for your MT removes boost lag and adds full throttle shift.

Take a look for yourself. Download the software: https://www.hondata.com/software

Last edited:

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B
If you just want to use it out of the box the FlashPro has preset calibrations for most available intakes, including your Injen SRI. That will save you tuning time and money.

If you want to guarantee you will pass future emissions tests we have just released the CARB FlashPro. If you live in California that is particularly important.

If you want the lowest price, you can choose the Injen SRI reflash from one of our many local authorized dealers for just $350.

The FlashPro calibration for your MT removes boost lag and adds full throttle shift.

Take a look for yourself. Download the software: https://www.hondata.com/software

Does the Carb version comes with all the different type of tune, with intake, stock,etc?

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We are currently discussing that with the California Air Resources Board. The FlashPro has a CARB EO and so does the intake. It should be possible to make it happen.

MrFowler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Civic 1.5 Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A UK vote for Flashpro, very easy to use. plug the flashpro into your car and 5 minutes later its done. I've had the +6psi load for a few weeks. Tried the +9psi yesterday, no other mods. Its awesome!

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
As it has been said before:

Hondata FlashPro = Apple iOS
KTuner V2 = Google Android

If you want something that works with little effort, get Hondata FlashPro.
If you want to adjust anything and everything and are not intimidated by the complexities of tuning, get the KTuner V2.

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As it has been said before:

Hondata FlashPro = Apple iOS
KTuner V2 = Google Android

If you want something that works with little effort, get Hondata FlashPro.
If you want to adjust anything and everything and are not intimidated by the complexities of tuning, get the KTuner V2.
As an Android Developer and Linux Kernel Engineer, I'm not sure how I feel about that comparison. :p
Sponsored