Non-lowering suspension mods

Kenton199

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Not interested in messing with the ride height of my car, but I still want to tighten up the handling a bit. Are there any available suspension components that won't affect the ride height of the car, such as bushings, sway bars, control arms, etc? What are the best options?
Sponsored

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
Sway bars and camber kits. Swift and eibach have a mild drop if you decide to go a little lower(about a inch)

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Let's see,

There is the Honda factory Type-R front frame brace that we have the holes already drilled for.
Honda Civic 10th gen Non-lowering suspension mods 20180714_014824-

The Cusco replacement front frame brace.
Honda Civic 10th gen Non-lowering suspension mods 3c4-492-c_fk8_img2-

Lots of strut tower braces, and an in the trunk rear tower brace available.

Type R rear sway bar is an easy mod. As are type-R end links and sometimes, if they fit, bushings. Actually your Si already has some Type-R bushings in it.

Somewhere I saw a rear under frame brace.

Once you start playing with springs and struts you have to start worrying about lowering again.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
My personal list was:

Progress 20.6mm rear sway bar
Accord sport end links
27Won or UR front strut bar
Sirimoto rear chassis braces
Type R subframe brace

Eventually HFP suspension (no ride height change. Just comfort and handling improvement)

OP
OP
Kenton199

Kenton199

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
My personal list was:

Progress 20.6mm rear sway bar
Accord sport end links
27Won or UR front strut bar
Sirimoto rear chassis braces
Type R subframe brace

Eventually HFP suspension (no ride height change. Just comfort and handling improvement)
Did you end up with the HFP kit? If so, was it worth the seemingly massive expense?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Did you end up with the HFP kit? If so, was it worth the seemingly massive expense?
I've actually only done one item on my list so far. I think the HFP suspension is a ways away yet for me. I plan to install it myself so the cost is going to be limited to the $1600 in parts plus an alignment, ideally.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Besides all the mods listed above... the one that catches my eye and have heard works wonders is the Spoon rigid collars. $250ish for the front collars and another $250ish for the rears. They pretty much tighten up the whole sub frame and make the CTR feel so much tighter. Which is nuts, given that the FK8 already feels so sharp and planted but the collars will enhance that? Crazy. Will eventually pull the trigger on these and worst case if they dont fit on the SI, il just sell them to my dad for his FK8. link below.
https://jhpusa.com/products/spoon-subframe-rigid-collar-kit-front-2017-civic-type-r-fk8

They also have a Spoon Stiff plate but its an upwards of $900:confused1:... looks like it works with the OEM Subframe brace.
https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/...stiff-plate-front-honda-civic-fk7-fk8-fc1-17/

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Besides all the mods listed above... the one that catches my eye and have heard works wonders is the Spoon rigid collars. $250ish for the front collars and another $250ish for the rears. They pretty much tighten up the whole sub frame and make the CTR feel so much tighter. Which is nuts, given that the FK8 already feels so sharp and planted but the collars will enhance that? Crazy. Will eventually pull the trigger on these and worst case if they dont fit on the SI, il just sell them to my dad for his FK8. link below.
https://jhpusa.com/products/spoon-subframe-rigid-collar-kit-front-2017-civic-type-r-fk8

They also have a Spoon Stiff plate but its an upwards of $900:confused1:... looks like it works with the OEM Subframe brace.
https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/...stiff-plate-front-honda-civic-fk7-fk8-fc1-17/
Hey Miguel, did you end up getting these? I'm pulling the trigger on a Front and Rear set, and although Rigid Collar themselves have confirmed FC1 fitment I haven't heard of anyone online installing them yet.

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Does the CTR brace fit the Si coupe?

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the CTR brace fit the Si coupe?
Yes it does and with ease. Installed it the other day on the coupe.

@CanadiaegeanBlue Not yet... waiting on those good ol tax returns, along with my bonus to come in lol i really only buy car parts once a year lol Its good to know it fits the FC1 though! Better chance itā€™ll fit the FC3 as well now:nixon:

Last edited:

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey all sorry to repost on this section didnā€™t feel the need to opening up a new thread on this topic, but if anyone else is still interested in upgrading their suspension components i came across SuperProā€™s upgraded front control arms fully fitted with their polyurethane bushing. Much like WhiteLineā€™s Front rear control arm bushings SuperPro are already assembled for you.

Honda Civic 10th gen Non-lowering suspension mods 4ADAAA11-8669-4772-8A3B-26CF1116A26C

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hey all sorry to repost on this section didnā€™t feel the need to opening up a new thread on this topic, but if anyone else is still interested in upgrading their suspension components i came across SuperProā€™s upgraded front control arms fully fitted with their polyurethane bushing. Much like WhiteLineā€™s Front rear control arm bushings SuperPro are already assembled for you.

4ADAAA11-8669-4772-8A3B-26CF1116A26C.jpeg
We saw this ??

May consider in the future, for now we have the Whiteline Anti Lift Kit in place, and that's really helped keep the front end stay flat in high speed turns, and add high speed stability.

www.unity-performance.com