Noisy Signal from Head Unit when Amplified

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I'm encouraged that increasing the signal from the HU resulted in less overall noise.

My tin-foil-hat suggestion would be to reset the HU to factory presets and do the calibration again.

Also... how are you playing the test file for the calibration? If it's via a smartphone; then there's a fair margin for error with the volume settings. If you can play the file via a memory stick through the USB; there'd be less potential gain issues.

But 100% glad you're getting closer to what ya' want. What a pain-in-the-ass, though.
Sponsored

CSR_

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
So, just read both threads as I have the same problem. In mi case, I tried many things too, originally thinking it was a ground loop of some sort. (so I checked all my wiring) and tested grounds with DMM and that wasn't the problem. BTW, I'm running Active all DD gear: Digital Signal Integrator Dsi1, B3 bullet tweets on a D4.60, SS4b on VOm6.5's, 0 gauge Skyhigh OFC and knukonceptz Krystal RCAs. So cheap gear is not the problem. However I am also getting that hiss like noise more audible from the tweeters than anything else. After going crazy looking for a fix I decided to try something simpler and connected the amp directly to the battery +&- with one speaker connected to it and the hiss is still there... Which leads me to the conclusion that it's naturaly coming from the amp and maybe because of the S/N R of speakers or something and the D class boards it's simply audible? Anyway just thought I'd share my experience and wondered if you ever came across a fix or just decided to toss the project? Lol

RMx

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 accord touring
Realize this post I quite old, however if you are still around, did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.

I believe that the Fix86 summed this noise ,possibly from sub into polluting the mid channels. The sub wasn't capible of reproducing the high pitches so it wasn't detected before.

I believe the only solution is to purchase JL audio remote volume and use that to control the volume. I saw another post from JL Audio tech support suggesting it.

Alternately, I suspect that you could try not including the sub channel at all or when running calibration. I don't want to loose the channel or correction of the sub so it's not an option for me.

I also unhooked my ANC, I wonder if it is involved. It's my understanding that the ANC is always running. It could be noise from ANC input wire being unplugged.

Any case, if anyone ever solved this, please share.

Rajabell5

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si
I've got that problem. I have 2 theories.
Amp noise(which stays on when radio is off) from the oem amp that can't not be bypassed .
2nd theory the HU signal has high noise and then it gets amplified.
My solution! I added a single din pioneer HU in my arm rest console . I use smart sync app for display screen . Volume know is inches away from my shifter
Sponsored