No trunk release. Aftermarket modification possible?

Valkyria90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sedan 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
Hello. First post here so I hope I'm in the right cathegory.
I have a Civic 4 door sedan 2017 edition. I have the mid level trim which in Norway is called "Elegance".
This trim level has no trunk release on the trunk itself. It only has a trunk release on the driver door, or by using the key. Over time it gets tedious having to pull out my key every time I need to open it to put in groceries or whatever. My dealer simply says that this is how the car was designed, despite plenty of videos I've seen where there is a regular trunk release latch where you would expect it to be over the license plate.
I have tried searching for solutions online, but the "emergency trunk release" steals all the top Google searches.

Are there any aftermarket parts I can buy to install a trunk release over the license plate on my trunk?
Sponsored

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Nothing ‘aftermarket’, at least nothing I would bother with. I would contact a wrecker’s/salvage yard and buy a trunk complete, to take the parts from. That way you can see how it’s wired. Or order the parts from Honda and subscribe to the service manual for a bit to find out how to install them.