No text message alerts? (IPhone)

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe, 2017 CRV, 2002 Mercedes E320 wagon, 2001 E320 Wagon, 2002 E320 sedan, 1986 944T, 1972 land Rover
Country flag
ok we now have 2 Honda’s with essentially the same head unit 2017 crv and 2018 civic si, ok well the crv has a volume knob but system seems essentially the same.

On both cars we connect iPhone via cable. On the crv when a text message comes in an alert comes in identifying sender etc (wife drives this one so have not seen actual screen recently but could take a pic), on the civic no alert no banner nothing except you see the number next to the text icon if you have CarPlay up.

So what do I need to do on the civic to get alerts to show up???

I have searched but have not found anything definitive.

Thanks
Paul
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
ok we now have 2 Honda’s with essentially the same head unit 2017 crv and 2018 civic si, ok well the crv has a volume knob but system seems essentially the same.

On both cars we connect iPhone via cable. On the crv when a text message comes in an alert comes in identifying sender etc (wife drives this one so have not seen actual screen recently but could take a pic), on the civic no alert no banner nothing except you see the number next to the text icon if you have CarPlay up.

So what do I need to do on the civic to get alerts to show up???

I have searched but have not found anything definitive.

Thanks
Paul
Are you using the SAME phone in both case, or two phones, yours and your wife's ?

OP
OP

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe, 2017 CRV, 2002 Mercedes E320 wagon, 2001 E320 Wagon, 2002 E320 sedan, 1986 944T, 1972 land Rover
Country flag
Thanks!!! That simple question allowed me to solve it.
Tried my phone in the crv no joy, so checked message settings - show in CarPlay was not checked (I don’t remember flipping that but must have), turned it on and it showed up as desired now.

Chalk it up to operator error/ I’m an idiot lol
Thanks again
Paul

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Tried my phone in the crv no joy, so checked message settings - show in CarPlay was not checked (I don’t remember flipping that but must have), turned it on and it showed up as desired now.

Thanks again
Paul
No, you solved the problem yourself -- you are not an idiot.

Now, if you had taken your car to the Dealer with this problem, then yes, you would have been a BIG Idiot !! ;) and you would probably still had the problem.

Most Dealers do not have a clue about such things .. if they can Pair a phone, they think they know it all !!

XLR8TOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T coupe, '00 Trans Am 'vert, '98 Dakota R/T
Country flag

Thanks again
Paul
Message setting on iPhone?

OP
OP

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes on the iPhone
Settings
Notifications
Under messages make sure “show in CaPlay” is checked
Paul

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes on the iPhone
Settings
Notifications
Paul
You can also check incoming messages when connected thru Bluetooth. Go to:
Settings
Bluetooth
Tap the “i” next to HandsFreeLink
Turn on “Show Notifications”

It will read inbound messages to you, but you can’t send/reply thru Bluetooth.

XLR8TOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T coupe, '00 Trans Am 'vert, '98 Dakota R/T
Country flag
Yes on the iPhone
Settings
Notifications
Paul
Mines set that way, but I don’t get a sound on CarPlay, just the bar at the top of the screen. Thanks.
Sponsored