No refresh for 2019 Honda Civic

nouseformonkeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord
Honda updated the latest Fit radio with a volume knob and the most common reaction by the reviewers was “Hey! Look what’s back!” The software still looks the same. I am amazed that it’s still using Android 4.2 in the background. Those moving wallpapers are a dead give away.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
If there is a refresh, it definitely needs to address the infotainment which is running an absurdly outdated and relatively slow version of Android. I dont really miss the volume knob because the steering wheel volume control works great for me anyway. I have a 2018 Civic and I have issues with it not recognizing my phone being plugged in all the time, which makes me reconnect it so it recognizes it, and it's honestly kind of sad especially for a 2018 vehicle.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Given that the infotainment in the civic has always been the biggest hit the car from both a reviewer standpoint and customer standpoint (i don't miss the volume knob) i think Honda will most likely if nothing else, change the screen over to the new accord/crv setup which is running updated software, has better layout and graphics as well as a volume knob.

Yes, the civic is selling well, has been since day one... the issue of mid model updates usually is less to do with sales numbers and more to do with keeping competitive based on new cars that have come out since (new elantra, new forte, new jetta, soon the veloster) the civic needs to update now and stay fresh in order to not lose any sales to those competitors in its last 2-3 years on sale before the big redesign comes along.

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
You all have to remember car sales are changing. What may have been done in the past may not hold true now. Sedans are not selling like they used to. As great as the new Accord is, it is not selling well. Honda may have to change around it's priorities a bit. The Civic is selling well enough that a major refresh may not really be needed until they update the model again. They may choose to not refresh the current model and put the money towards the updated one. Just a guess, but the way things are going now for the auto industry I don't think we can count on timelines that has happened traditionally.

kc189go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 CivicEX
As great as the new Accord is, it is not selling well. Honda may have to change around it's priorities a bit.
You hear this a lot, but you need to keep in mind that "not selling well" is a *relative* term. The sales data I could find from a quick search (http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/honda/honda-accord/) says that the 2018 Accord is selling roughly 20,000 cars per month. Sure, that may not be the sales rate Honda hoped for, and it is less than in prior years, but 20K cars a month is hardly "not selling well".

I think the Civic will get a minor refresh, mainly Sensing as standard on EX and above and the head unit from the CR-V. Probably not much else. There's too much competition to let the Civic stand still for 5 MYs, epecially with all the criticism the head unit has received. Also, Corolla is getting a major redesign for the 2020 MY, and Honda would do well to try to get in front of that with some new features.

CivicNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
I'm still convinced it will have Sensing standard since everyone else is doing it.
I doubt it, other 2019 Honda models that have come out does not have Sensing standard yet. I'm guessing that Honda isn't going to make it standard until after the model redesign like the Accord.

Tonezorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Series.Yellow BRZ, 2014 Legacy, 2015 Crosstrek. Previous: 2011 Miata GT PRHT 2009 Forester XT, 2007 Cobalt
A thread like this shouldn't even be allowed to stay alive :p

I'll wait for the formal announcement from Honda or a reputable source before believing there won't be any refresh.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 2019 Fit has Sensing standard on EX-up my friend.
Yep, the Fit, the Accord, CRV, guessing the refreshed HRV and Pilot will as well. The two things that seem to be dominating the compact class currently are standard safety features and LED headlights.

Car sales may be changing towards crossovers/trucks/SUVs but gas prices are also already on the rise again. What was hovering in the $2.20 mark at the beginning of the year is now hovering around $2.99 in my area, thats a huge jump, and certain political decisions recently are only going to make prices go higher. So the crossover craze may not last as long as imagined once gas is almost $4 a gallon again.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If there is a new Infotainment system, then I assume we would be able to install the new in our cars, of course for a price
That's assuming the unit physically fits the same way our current screens do... if they make them bigger or change the shape of the mounts it'd be a much more extensive retrofit.

CivicNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Standard as in all trims have it. Yes, I am aware if you get a higher trim (generally EX or higher) Honda, Sensing is included, I was lucky it was available on my LX hatch, some models don't even give you the option of adding the sensing suite. Plus the 2018 Fit had Sensing EX or higher. On the Accord, all trims have Sensing (LX to Touring).

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
And that’s not across the line. When people say across the line they mean like what the accord has. Every trim has it.

I agree I don’t think that’s going to happen this generation for the civic

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
I just came from a 2017 Accord that had all the tech stuff and traded it on a 2018 Civic lx. I don’t miss the tech stuff at all and appreciate the simplicity of the Civic. I like the volume knob as I can now reach over without looking to turn the volume down. I know alot of people didnt like not have the knob which is why Honda obvisouly changed it in 2018 on the new Accords.
Sponsored