aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
A pirate walked into a bar, with a steering wheel sticking out of the top of his pants. The bartender was like, "Hey, Pirate, what's... What's up with that steering wheel sticking out of your pants?" The pirate says "Yarg! It's driving me nuts!"
Sponsored

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A pirate walked into a bar, with a steering wheel sticking out of the top of his pants. The bartender was like, "Hey, Pirate, what's... What's up with that steering wheel sticking out of your pants?" The pirate says "Yarg! It's driving me nuts!"
Thanks, bro! :doh:

aethecarfanatic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
UPDATE: I shoved some rolled-up electrical tape (my go-to sound deadening material :D) in the crack between the lower A-Pillar and the front of the dashboard, and I think that mightā€™ve fixed it. Weā€™ll see! Iā€™ll report back if the sound reappears.

Thanks for the tips, all!
Sure enough my rattle from my "door" came back this morning, so I just decided to hold the A-pillar and of course it stopped, so thank you for this small tip. Will shove some felt down in that spot, should be easy.

Now I just need to figure out what this rattle is in the bottom of my door panel when I close my door. I'm still really not feeling like pulling off my door panel, especially since the coupe has plenty more screws and clips, might have the dealer do that one. It seriously sounds like there's a small screw or something loose in between the door and the door panel. :banghead:

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure enough my rattle from my "door" came back this morning, so I just decided to hold the A-pillar and of course it stopped, so thank you for this small tip. Will shove some felt down in that spot, should be easy.

Now I just need to figure out what this rattle is in the bottom of my door panel when I close my door. I'm still really not feeling like pulling off my door panel, especially since the coupe has plenty more screws and clips, might have the dealer do that one. It seriously sounds like there's a small screw or something loose in between the door and the door panel. :banghead:
Sure, GL!

Yeah, I think your trepidation about removing the door panel is totally valid. Any way you can tap/pound around the door panel to try to isolate the general location of the noise? Maybe thatā€™ll be some kind of clue.

aethecarfanatic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Sure, GL!

Yeah, I think your trepidation about removing the door panel is totally valid. Any way you can tap/pound around the door panel to try to isolate the general location of the noise? Maybe thatā€™ll be some kind of clue.
Both a pillars are now silent!

It sounds like a loose clip or piece of plastic at the complete bottom of the door panel. I tried pulling it away from the door in the hopes that it may just fall out (whatever it is) but I didn't have any luck. I need the dealer to look at my squeaky brake pedal anyways, I already lubed it twice and it keeps squeaking

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Both a pillars are now silent!

It sounds like a loose clip or piece of plastic at the complete bottom of the door panel. I tried pulling it away from the door in the hopes that it may just fall out (whatever it is) but I didn't have any luck. I need the dealer to look at my squeaky brake pedal anyways, I already lubed it twice and it keeps squeaking
Nice! Did you do the electrical tape trick?

oh, thatā€™s weird. Hopefully itā€™s a quick fix.

aethecarfanatic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Nice! Did you do the electrical tape trick?

oh, thatā€™s weird. Hopefully itā€™s a quick fix.
Nope I used some black felt I had laying around since I couldn't find my roll of electrical tape. Worked just as well I'm sure.

And I'm hoping so, I will probably take the car in next week some time, busy week this week then out of town next weekend. Will report back with findings/results after I finally get it into the dealer

etcsthorne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have no gripes other than panel fit makes it look like the car was assembled in someone's barn and I had to have the infotainment system replaced because it kept freezing up and acting stupid, taking about 2 minutes to boot up. Oh, and the exhaust sound when stepping a little harder on the "go" pedal inside the cabin when the windows are closed sounds a bit choppy and cheap. Having said all of that, I do love the car.....just wish Honda would pay a LOT more attention to panel gaps/fit.

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope I used some black felt I had laying around since I couldn't find my roll of electrical tape. Worked just as well I'm sure.

And I'm hoping so, I will probably take the car in next week some time, busy week this week then out of town next weekend. Will report back with findings/results after I finally get it into the dealer
Oh, good idea.

awesome, GL.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
haha first day I was driving down the hwy with the windows open and started to here a knocking noise like wtf!!! Something already broke on this thing? lol I pulled over on the shoulder and started checking my tires, wheels and suspension on that side. Soon as I hopped back on the sound came back!! lol Then I noticed it was the buckle whacking against the side pillar from the wind. You won't see anything over there as it's happening behind the seat.
I looped my passenger side seat belt thru the passengers seat back lever. It holds the buckle close to the seat and no more buffeting in the wind.

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick update: After the A-pillar trick, + looping the passenger seat belt through that seatā€™s side lever, everything is still quiet as a ghost! Went for a nice, relaxing drive last night, and just cruised with no odd squeaks or rattles. :drive:

Shout out to @Masked for the tip about the A-pillar, and @pdrumns for the seat belt tip!

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
Hey, gang! So, hereā€™s my tiny, nitpicking, issue with which I need help:

One of the things I love most about new cars is how quiet they are! My Si is totally quiet except 1 thing: my passenger-side door makes a tiny ā€˜popā€™ sound (as if some panel is momentarily unsticking its adhesive or something) only when I hit a bump in the road. BUT, itā€™s loud enough to be heard when playing the stereo at a reasonable volume (...from 9 to 11 :p).
Does it only happen when you're forced to come in on Saturday? That'd be greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. (Sorry, nobody else seemed to make reference to your Office Space quote). :)

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does it only happen when you're forced to come in on Saturday? That'd be greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. (Sorry, nobody else seemed to make reference to your Office Space quote). :)
Dude, thank you! Somebody got it!

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I pulled door panels off of mine, to swap leather arm rests in for the abrasive cloth ones.
They aren't difficult at all ... do a quick YouTube search, and you can have it off in about 5 minutes.
Sponsored