Brunske15

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Don't believe those exaggerated numbers.
True they likely are exaggerated. However they are still half the cost and work well. They are an upgrade from the halogens and match the rest of the car nicely

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brunske15

Brunske15

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Sure if you don't mind not seeing and blinding everyone
Lights work fine. Have not had a single person tell me they blinded them. Used these lights for a few years in various cars.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Idc what you do to your I'm just saying my opinion sorry if I came off like a dick...i just want people to be aware they could get ticketed if the glare is too much

OP
OP
Brunske15

Brunske15

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Idc what you do to your I'm just saying my opinion sorry if I came off like a dick...i just want people to be aware they could get ticketed if the glare is too much
No you're good. It is what forums are for.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
The lights posted are 6500k...this tells me they are more blue in tone than the LED DRL's which would be approx 4500-5000k. As the numbers increase so does the blue-ish tint, if we were looking at 3000k, then they would be very yellow.

As for the argument of LED versus halogen versus HID, etc. Everyone has their own opinion and price is usually one of the biggest motivators for making a decision on what is purchased. Blinding oncoming traffic or having less output is all depending on the bulb itself as some have a better design or a different orientation when installed. Morimoto is a commonly recommended brand on the forum and the post was merely made by the member to provide a comparison, not a criticism

OP
OP
Brunske15

Brunske15

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
The lights posted are 6500k...this tells me they are more blue in tone than the LED DRL's which would be approx 4500-5000k. As the numbers increase so does the blue-ish tint, if we were looking at 3000k, then they would be very yellow.

As for the argument of LED versus halogen versus HID, etc. Everyone has their own opinion and price is usually one of the biggest motivators for making a decision on what is purchased. Blinding oncoming traffic or having less output is all depending on the bulb itself as some have a better design or a different orientation when installed. Morimoto is a commonly recommended brand on the forum and the post was merely made by the member to provide a comparison, not a criticism
I saw the Morimotos were commonly recommended and talked about and wanted to post about my experience with something different. The Nineos have worked well for me for years (in other vehs) and are better than the halogens I pulled out of my civic.

Also reference to the color they are 500k above what is considered pure white. While there is some blue it is very minor.

Honda Civic 10th gen NINEO LED headlights w/ pics color-temperature-scale

The LED driving light that runs along the bottom of the housing is closer to 5500k. (see link).

https://www.civicx.com/threads/few-questions-about-hids.3341/

Still not a perfect match but not terrible

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brunske15

Brunske15

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Figured I'd snag some of the headlight

Honda Civic 10th gen NINEO LED headlights w/ pics IMG_20181230_071454

Honda Civic 10th gen NINEO LED headlights w/ pics IMG_20181230_071451

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
I am interested in H11's that will "shoot down the road" rather than light the place up like a Christmas tree. So far what I have noticed with leds is they are bright & blinding, but not distance. I want distance. I have a Hatchback Sport with the standard dull lights. I am in an area where I do not get to use "high" beams very often yet the roads/streets do not have lights.

OP
OP
Brunske15

Brunske15

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I am interested in H11's that will "shoot down the road" rather than light the place up like a Christmas tree. So far what I have noticed with leds is they are bright & blinding, but not distance. I want distance. I have a Hatchback Sport with the standard dull lights. I am in an area where I do not get to use "high" beams very often yet the roads/streets do not have lights.
They are definitely similar or better than stock in terms of down road visibility. One of the larger issues you have to look at is how compatible the LEDs are with projectors. I'm not sure if some lights just don't focus right or what but my experience with these has been positive

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
They are definitely similar or better than stock in terms of down road visibility. One of the larger issues you have to look at is how compatible the LEDs are with projectors. I'm not sure if some lights just don't focus right or what but my experience with these has been positive
Thanks!

OP
OP
Brunske15

Brunske15

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Im actually really impressed with those, I paid $150 for my LED bulbs, and yours seem like they output more light onto the road. Im disappointed.
Sorry to hear that. At least you know what to buy if you need some new ones. Curious...which ones did you buy?

OP
OP
Brunske15

Brunske15

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I purchased these... https://www.precisionled.com/premium-h11-cree-led-headlights.html

And let me tell you, The Fan noise is insanely loud as well. On top of the fact that theyre not as bright as yours.

Also, Did you adjust the aim of your headlights? Or is that stock setting?

That was the stock setting.There is an adjustment on the leds to clock them however you wish. I did not change them. Also reference the fan noise only time I hear mine is when the car is off and it is very faint
Sponsored