NH to AZ - 2,600+ mile Road Trip in the Type R?

Given the opportunity to travel clear across the US, what would you do?

• Forget the miles, take the Type R on a 2,600 mile roadtrip

Votes: 54 83.1%
  • Preserve it and find a transport company to ship it

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Don't even bother, take the DD instead

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I didn't tape mine up...I just drove it home...when I got home and washed off the bugs, I've noticed one small rock chip on my hood. I've used that rock chip as a discussion point many times...either way (tape/ppf/bare), you'll have a story to tell, and I can't wait to read bout you trip... Lots of good suggestion here...you do you, but please fill us in on your ultimate decision. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike_R19

Mike_R19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 Type R, '05 Corvette Z51, '10 128i
Country flag
I didn't tape mine up...I just drove it home...when I got home and washed off the bugs, I've noticed one small rock chip on my hood. I've used that rock chip as a discussion point many times...either way (tape/ppf/bare), you'll have a story to tell, and I can't wait to read bout you trip... Lots of good suggestion here...you do you, but please fill us in on your ultimate decision. :)
You guys are really starting to influence my decision for sure. As I said, If any of you are on my route, let me know what spots I should check out. I am leaning towards taking the Southern route just because I know that way up until I get to TN.

Iczer_CTR

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2002 Lexus IS300, 1991 Honda CRX SI
Country flag
Painter's tape it is. The long road trip is going to awesome and I'm sure you'll get a ton of nice pictures of the R at different locations. I'm in the military as well and it makes more sense to drive vice fly. Per Diem and also the travel time they give you without you having to utilize leave because they always give you more travel days then it actually takes to get from point A to point B.
Get on the road and have fun!

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would try to hit the Skyline/Blue Ridge Parkway (might have some traffic during foliage season) and Monument Valley on the way down there. And do it in the CTR. I would do that drive in the S2000 and the CTR should feel like a comfy luxury cruiser in comparison.

Coldpizza

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
This whole taping it up trend has got to stop with the Type Rs. PPF the front end and go. This is not some prized vintage ferrari. It's a honda for christ sake.
Understand your perspective but I don’t see anything wrong with people wanting to take care of their things or how it affects someone else. I don’t think it’s a matter of it being a Ferrari or not.

OP
OP
Mike_R19

Mike_R19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 Type R, '05 Corvette Z51, '10 128i
Country flag
Alright so I've decided to do it. I plan on bringing my other set of wheels for the track as well. Can anybody show me how much room is left after you put in 4 mounted wheel and tires in the hatch?
Sponsored