next upgrade??

ayayron212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1.5 civic sport
Country flag
hi guys,

so recently had my 2018 civic sport hatch custom tuned on ktuner v1.2 while also running the cobra RACE CAI and PRL catless fp/dp combo. achieving gains of 268hp and 307lbft. i am soon to be changing OEM tyres to a better grade but was wondering...

what should be my next upgrade? i dont want to push anymore power out just yet so was thinking change to an LSD to help keep the power down better and maybe coilovers or sway bars to help stabilize the car? the stock clutch is holding the power down fine so no need to change that unless it would help in conjunction with the LSD? not too educated on this side of the vehicle so any advise on what my next steps could be i would appreciate it. once these mods have been achieved i will then look at maybe bigger turbo or intercooler but right now its running nicely :)

cheers!
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LSD would be on the pricey side.

I found that an intercooler has worked well in keeping iat lower. I live in the southern US, so it's pretty hot for a lot of the year. I have prl with hoses.

I also have Type R lower brace and rear motor mount to be installed. Don't have other braces, but people seem to like them

If you have 6mt, Acuity parts and Type R shifter swap feels amazing. Full on Acuity or Hybrid Racing shifters are supposed to be even nicer feeling

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That 307 lb/ft of torque would make me kind of nervous on a base 1.5 motor with it's weaker rods.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
always make sure you can get power to the ground so step 1 is ditch the crappy tires for better ones, then suspension and/or BRAKE upgrades (make sure you can stop after making it go faster) then you go into the power train of getting all the power the engine is making to the wheels, so a better clutch would be next on the list.

OP
OP

ayayron212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1.5 civic sport
Country flag
LSD would be on the pricey side.

I found that an intercooler has worked well in keeping iat lower. I live in the southern US, so it's pretty hot for a lot of the year. I have prl with hoses.

I also have Type R lower brace and rear motor mount to be installed. Don't have other braces, but people seem to like them

If you have 6mt, Acuity parts and Type R shifter swap feels amazing. Full on Acuity or Hybrid Racing shifters are supposed to be even nicer feeling
yes i do believe they are not cheap to buy or have fitted but i feel i might need it to help keep the power down so it is something i am definatly going to have done just not quite yet :). well i have been toying with the idea of an upgraded intercooler to help with the IAT's but mine sit around 17-20 degrees alot as i dont abuse the car to get it heated up much so my daily commutes are fine. its the summer time where i feel the heat obviously so i might look at fitting one before summer time next year. i love PRL i think the all the hoses should be upgraded to thiers its quality stuff! yes i have heard of a few people swapping to the type r shifter and adding aquity bits but i think i will just go 100& aquity because the feel is like no other as you say.

OP
OP

ayayron212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1.5 civic sport
Country flag
That 307 lb/ft of torque would make me kind of nervous on a base 1.5 motor with it's weaker rods.
dude i am kind of nervous i am not going to lie haha i dont tend to take it out of eco mode much its just great for getting up to speed on slip roads and also makes overtaking safer. the power doesnt tend to kick in until in 3rd and 4th etc and at around 3500rpm to 4900rpm and surprisingly the nock control stays at 0.68 and the stock clutch is handling things pretty well. once i have sorted out transmission and handling i will look into stronger internals so i can really enjoy the power then. i went down the custom tune route as i had these bolts on going on and i just wanted everything setting up nicely and it drives with a very factory like feel to it and im still achieving 48-50mpg so i am super pleased with the results. my tuner did say dont go abusing the car yet as i still need to replace my catback system with a 3" piping to match the rest and then he said that will take it to 280ish :/ either these engines are very strong or i am playing it safe :/
Sponsored