First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Good evening guys,

I wanted to make sure I am getting all the proper aftermarket mods to include with my current mods to make sure I'm doing my setup correctly (bit of a noob to the car scene) and keeping the car safe.

Current mod list:
  • @MAPerformance catback exhaust w/ race muffler
  • @RV6 Front pipe & downpipe (black ceramic coated)
  • @PRL Motorsports "Cobra" CAI w/ race MAF
  • @KTuner TSP Stage 1
  • [Getting ready to order] @ACUITY stage 3 short shifter w/ upgraded cable bushings, base bushings, boot collar, and ESCO Shift knob
Was thinking about doing the PRL intercooler w/ charge pipes next, but I'm very interested in hearing anyone's opinion about what mods are most important for me to do next based on the mods I currently have. I appreciate any and all advice!
Sponsored

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
What is your goal? Personally, chassis stability and suspension are just as if not more important than everything outside a tune and the acuity mods for drivability. But again what you plan on using the car for should be the direction you take.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don’t forget to order a long block after it goes

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would suggest intercooler and turbo blanket.
Can you expand on the turbo blanket? Not sure I’ve ever heard of that.

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What is your goal? Personally, chassis stability and suspension are just as if not more important than everything outside a tune and the acuity mods for drivability. But again what you plan on using the car for should be the direction you take.
My goal is to kind of get as much out of the car as I can while I have the warranty on it. I want it to be fast, fun to drive, and most importantly reliability because it is my daily driver. That’s why it’s important for me to do anything I need to do in order to achieve this, but also keep as much longevity in the engine as possible.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My goal is to kind of get as much out of the car as I can while I have the warranty on it. I want it to be fast, fun to drive, and most importantly reliability because it is my daily driver. That’s why it’s important for me to do anything I need to do in order to achieve this, but also keep as much longevity in the engine as possible.
Your warranty is pretty much toast, but other than that mods seem fine. Get on the list for a clutch if you are pushing the tune at all. I have pretty similar mods and did Swift springs next. Have PRL intercooler waiting for install in the garage. FWIW.

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
You shouldn't be concerned with your engine "going" as was previously mentioned. Just don't be stupid and drive it as if you were. Modify right and dont chase ridiculous numbers or times and you will be good.

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would say a new set of wheels that are lighter with some grippy tires, 27won RMM, and contact Eman for a retrofit CTR clutch. Those 3 seem like must haves to me before you go further.
I’m a big research guy before I pull the trigger on any mods, but I’d love a starting point if you have any recommendations for lightweight sticky tires.

Yea a RMM seems like a good idea too. Any particular reason to go with 27Won over like hasports? Just curious as I’ve seen a lot of people go with the hasport RMM.

I’ll have to look into the clutch. Wasn’t considering replacing that any time soon as the stock one is doing great still and I don’t really push the clutch too hard. I usually stay in map 1 or map 2 (map 3 when I really want to have fun, but I rarely use it) and I don’t go WOT hardly ever. I kind of baby the car a bit since it’s only got 7k miles on it.

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You shouldn't be concerned with your engine "going" as was previously mentioned. Just don't be stupid and drive it as if you were. Modify right and dont chase ridiculous numbers or times and you will be good.
yea I was kind of confused on that guys comment. “Modify right” is what I’m gong for. I don’t drive like an ass hole or push my engine to the limits. Compared to a lot of other people, I pretty much baby the car. I get on it and what not as much as the next guy, but never really any WOT and normally don’t ever push it close to redline when shifting. My engine only has like 7k miles on it which is why I want to ensure I’m putting the best mods on the car and doing it in the right order. Or ensure I’m not missing anything when it comes to putting a new mod on.

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your warranty is pretty much toast, but other than that mods seem fine. Get on the list for a clutch if you are pushing the tune at all. I have pretty similar mods and did Swift springs next. Have PRL intercooler waiting for install in the garage. FWIW.
Yea I was worried about throwing the warranty out of the window, but it is still up to the dealership to prove my mods caused whatever issue might have happened. Makes me regret getting the extended warranty even more. But I got all of that before I started getting into mods or before I even knew I’d like getting into mods like this.

Yea I’m thinking the intercooler and charge pipes are gonna come next for me after I buy the acuity shifter. Or maybe I’ll hold off on that until after the intercooler. Not sure yet. Spoke to Todd from acuity and he told me they are having a 10% off all products the weekend of Black Friday so I’m holding off until then to get it.

slowly starting to realize how easy it is to drop $2K on car mods and still be addicted and want more. Siiiiigggghhhhh; worth it though.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea I was worried about throwing the warranty out of the window, but it is still up to the dealership to prove my mods caused whatever issue might have happened. Makes me regret getting the extended warranty even more. But I got all of that before I started getting into mods or before I even knew I’d like getting into mods like this.

Yea I’m thinking the intercooler and charge pipes are gonna come next for me after I buy the acuity shifter. Or maybe I’ll hold off on that until after the intercooler. Not sure yet. Spoke to Todd from acuity and he told me they are having a 10% off all products the weekend of Black Friday so I’m holding off until then to get it.

slowly starting to realize how easy it is to drop $2K on car mods and still be addicted and want more. Siiiiigggghhhhh; worth it though.
They had such sick deals last year for PRL. I don't think they're going to match it this year. But you could get an intercooler kit for ~ $530 last BF. I ended up doing DP/FP for about the same price. I don't have the Acuity short shifter, and that's not something I'd do, but everything Acuity is first rate so I'm sure it is good. I have the bushings, shift knob, and pedal spacer from them. The low hanging fruit.
Sponsored