Newish Member + 27WON Intake Review! (+Other mods)

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi everyone! Thanks for having an awesome community, figured I'd give back with some content and an opportunity to discuss my new 2019 Si Coupe in TYP, and the few more I've put on it.

Me and my cruising buddy looking fabulous:
Honda Civic 10th gen Newish Member + 27WON Intake Review! (+Other mods) 0621191700

Shortly After I brought her home:
Honda Civic 10th gen Newish Member + 27WON Intake Review! (+Other mods) 0519191012

27WON Intake, with and without cover:
Honda Civic 10th gen Newish Member + 27WON Intake Review! (+Other mods) 0726191802

Honda Civic 10th gen Newish Member + 27WON Intake Review! (+Other mods) 0726191759

KTuner 1.2:

Love this mod, absolutely must-have for our vehicles! I have the TSP Stage 1 tune, but am staying on the Dual Factory/19.5 tune until I'm sure there's no warranty-covered defects, or at least have the financial means to fix them on my own dime in case they fight me over mods. I've recently gone away from the Rev-Hang Disable because I notice a jerk+delay at higher RPMs, and because it causes the AFR to dip below 10.0 in these instances. The other features such as Early Spool, Throttle Response, Boost Ramping, and Advanced VSA are still amazing though! Logging is absolutely vital for a worrier like myself, gives lots of peace-of-mind in conjunction with reading info on these forums.

Torque Solutions' BOV Plate:
A bit of a controversial mod, I went into it having read a LOT of posts about it. I've been watching my AFRs, fuel trims, reading logs, and although long term I'm definitely wearing the cats out, the time period of richness isn't of long enough duration or rich enough for me to personally be concerned. Good sound, easy install (3 bolts!), personally I'm super-glad I've done it, but would love to hear more input, good or bad, the community has.

BeamTech Fanless LED Headlight Bulbs:
They're just cooler/higher temp (more white) bulbs, but they're a lot cleaner looking, and match the DRL much better. Will definitely use the same brand for the High Beams if I decide to replace those too. Otherwise, super easy install since it's just a twist and a plug!

27WON Intake:
Definitely a good purchase, I've heard nothing but good things about the quality, performance, fitment, and customer service from 27WON and their products. There were a couple hiccups during installing, such as the instructions not mentioning the upper and lower stock airbox assemblies are held together by a rubber nipple and you need some horizontal movement to separate them. The only other hiccup was with the 3mm Allen key bolts on the MAF sensor. Three sets of toolkits would not seat in the bolts to remove them, so we had to use channel-locks to remove them, and opted to re-use the factory hardware since it was the same threading. During today's and yesterday's test drives, can definitely hear more intake noise, turbo spool, and recirc from the partial BOV going to the intake. Looks extremely nice, sounds more aggressive, and since I live in Florida, the resistance to hydro-lock is good for my paranoia. Can't wait until 27WON releases their exhaust for the Si Coupe!

In the near future, definitely looking at Exhaust, possibly rear motor mounts, and going to Amsoil MTF. I will probably make replace the side markers with smoke or clear housings. I was also looking at the flashing brake light bulbs, but can't find too much info here on the forums to make an educated purchase. I'm also curious about the acuity shifter kits, looks like a solid upgrade but I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to install them myself.

In any case, thanks again to this community for being an awesome and entertaining resource for a new owner like myself!:grouphug:

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey! Glad to see another TYP SI! I hope your love this car as much as I do. I'll look out my window every so often just to look at it!

OP
OP
Static_Awesome

Static_Awesome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I know right? It's such a unique color and highlights the edges of the car so well!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate the feedback man, Always good to hear and learn from.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my soon to be next mod

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely can vouch for the 27Won! Have had water up to my center caps and she's happy as a clam! Hope you're enjoying the car! :)

@Josh_FC3_Si on insta!

Honda Civic 10th gen Newish Member + 27WON Intake Review! (+Other mods) IMG_0201(1)

OP
OP
Static_Awesome

Static_Awesome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for that real-life testament to the hydro-lock resistance! Loving that carbon fiber cover btw, got a link or thoughts on it? I want something similar but painted possibly

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for that real-life testament to the hydro-lock resistance! Loving that carbon fiber cover btw, got a link or thoughts on it? I want something similar but painted possibly
Thanks buddy! :) I have a coil cover and that front cooling plate, both from PasswordJDM! Have carbon emblems from AeroSpecRacing as well! Translucent red filling with a red reflective twill!

http://www.passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Dry-Carbon-Fiber-Coil-Pack-Cover-16-Honda-Civic--P11195.aspx

http://www.passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Dry-Carbon-Fiber-Cooling-Plate-16-Honda-Civic-P11212.aspx

Had gotten my hands on them over the Black Friday sales that passed a while back, well worth!!! :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Newish Member + 27WON Intake Review! (+Other mods) IMG_0132

Honda Civic 10th gen Newish Member + 27WON Intake Review! (+Other mods) IMG_0425

Honda Civic 10th gen Newish Member + 27WON Intake Review! (+Other mods) IMG_0462

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi everyone! Thanks for having an awesome community, figured I'd give back with some content and an opportunity to discuss my new 2019 Si Coupe in TYP, and the few more I've put on it.

Me and my cruising buddy looking fabulous:
0621191700.jpg

Shortly After I brought her home:
0519191012.jpg

27WON Intake, with and without cover:
0726191802.jpg

0726191759.jpg

KTuner 1.2:

Love this mod, absolutely must-have for our vehicles! I have the TSP Stage 1 tune, but am staying on the Dual Factory/19.5 tune until I'm sure there's no warranty-covered defects, or at least have the financial means to fix them on my own dime in case they fight me over mods. I've recently gone away from the Rev-Hang Disable because I notice a jerk+delay at higher RPMs, and because it causes the AFR to dip below 10.0 in these instances. The other features such as Early Spool, Throttle Response, Boost Ramping, and Advanced VSA are still amazing though! Logging is absolutely vital for a worrier like myself, gives lots of peace-of-mind in conjunction with reading info on these forums.

Torque Solutions' BOV Plate:
A bit of a controversial mod, I went into it having read a LOT of posts about it. I've been watching my AFRs, fuel trims, reading logs, and although long term I'm definitely wearing the cats out, the time period of richness isn't of long enough duration or rich enough for me to personally be concerned. Good sound, easy install (3 bolts!), personally I'm super-glad I've done it, but would love to hear more input, good or bad, the community has.

BeamTech Fanless LED Headlight Bulbs:
They're just cooler/higher temp (more white) bulbs, but they're a lot cleaner looking, and match the DRL much better. Will definitely use the same brand for the High Beams if I decide to replace those too. Otherwise, super easy install since it's just a twist and a plug!

27WON Intake:
Definitely a good purchase, I've heard nothing but good things about the quality, performance, fitment, and customer service from 27WON and their products. There were a couple hiccups during installing, such as the instructions not mentioning the upper and lower stock airbox assemblies are held together by a rubber nipple and you need some horizontal movement to separate them. The only other hiccup was with the 3mm Allen key bolts on the MAF sensor. Three sets of toolkits would not seat in the bolts to remove them, so we had to use channel-locks to remove them, and opted to re-use the factory hardware since it was the same threading. During today's and yesterday's test drives, can definitely hear more intake noise, turbo spool, and recirc from the partial BOV going to the intake. Looks extremely nice, sounds more aggressive, and since I live in Florida, the resistance to hydro-lock is good for my paranoia. Can't wait until 27WON releases their exhaust for the Si Coupe!

In the near future, definitely looking at Exhaust, possibly rear motor mounts, and going to Amsoil MTF. I will probably make replace the side markers with smoke or clear housings. I was also looking at the flashing brake light bulbs, but can't find too much info here on the forums to make an educated purchase. I'm also curious about the acuity shifter kits, looks like a solid upgrade but I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to install them myself.

In any case, thanks again to this community for being an awesome and entertaining resource for a new owner like myself!:grouphug:
damn that yellow looks super nice, great write up man
Sponsored