ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Just a few things I noticed.

-They brought back the aero package.
-The left front aero intake is uncovered. Cooling some kind of intercooler?
-2 flaps on the back of the upper hatch.
-The 19" wheels look huge. See how much gap there is between the rotor and the edge of the wheel. Pretty sure 18" will fit.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also added a row of vortex generators along the top of the hatch and there is an exposed panel at the bottom left of the rear.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Pretty sure the wheel bolt pattern will be 5x120 instead of the more traditional 5x114.3. The prototype has the same wheels as the UK CTR, which has 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2017 Civic Type R Prototype Pics - September 5, 2016 civic-type-r-3-

Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2017 Civic Type R Prototype Pics - September 5, 2016 Xa0h6Rw

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love it, love it. Hope this is the production version and that they don't change a thing.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Glad to see the huge wing in place!

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any guesses what the exposed panel is on the rear left? It almost looks like a camera sticking out, but seems an odd place for the backing camera.

krott5333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
It does indeed look like the Type R will have some kind of honda sensing. If you look closely at the right fender next to the fog lights it looks like the radars that come in the sedans that have Honda Sensing.
Definitely has sensing, you can see the opening for the camera near the rearview mirror.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It does indeed look like the Type R will have some kind of honda sensing. If you look closely at the right fender next to the fog lights it looks like the radars that come in the sedans that have Honda Sensing.
Looks like they are carrying over the Sensing package from the 9th Gen. First time I've noticed the cooling ducts for the front brakes.

sanderholland

My Driveway....
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Civic Type-R (EP3, FN2, FK2)
Wheels they are using on this prototype are euro Type-R wheels, which are 19 inch, 5x120. Same size as the Legend (Honda Legend in Europe, RLX in the US i think?). 18 inch does fit, Honda offers original winterwheels for that (I actually think old Legend wheels are used for the euro type-R right now).

It looks like the spoiler is pretty much exactly the same as the current one. And it looks like it will get a similar body kit / aero pack. Although i'm missing a big ass diffuser on this prototype, but maybe it's not visible with this camo wrap.

It will definately get Honda Sensing, but they call it differently in Europe. Here they call it ADAS, which stands for Advanced Driving Assist Package. Blind spot information goes through a rader in the rear bumpers, not through a camera under the mirror (works both sides by the way), it's got high beam support, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, traffic sign recognision and a cross traffic monitor. And ofcourse city brake active system, which is standard on all Honda's sold in europe.

We are racing with a Honda Civic TCR in october (google the TCR car, it's great!), and we'll do a demo with the street type-r and a comparison with the race car for tv. We are hoping Honda will provide a prototype for that weekend of the 2017 Type-R, for one lap on the circuit (MotoGP circuit in Assen, Netherlands). When they do, I'll make the best pictures i can and post them here.
Sponsored