1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator
    Staff Member

CivicX Admin
    First Name:
    Admin
    Car(s):
    Honda
    We've had another close-up encounter with the 2017 Honda Civic, catching a prototype in the throes of some hot-weather testing in the Southwestern U.S.

The latest prototype gives us our best, closest look yet at its front-grille treatment, which has two air-inlet slits cut in just above the main grille bar. The Civic's sleek profile is once again, clearly visible, as are the bulk of its tail-lights, set wide at the corners.

Also more photos of the next Civic's center stack and instrument pod, caught at a different location in Ohio.

CivicSedan.dv01.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv04.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv03.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv02.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv05.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv06.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv07.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv09.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv08.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv11.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv10c.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv10.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv11c.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv14.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv15.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv12.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv13.KGP.ed.jpg HondaCivic.int02.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv16.KGP.ed.jpg HondaCivic.int04.KGP.ed.jpg CivicSedan.dv17.KGP.ed.jpg HondaCivic.int03.KGP.ed.jpg HondaCivic.int05.KGP.ed.jpg

2. Viva la vida

Viva la vida Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic EX-T
    With every set of pics I get more excited. It does look like they kept about as close to the Civic concept as you can, with more production type headlights.

3. asiandeity

asiandeity Senior Member

Car(s):
    2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
    This one appears to have the 1.5T engine. You can see the dual exhaust in the rear, and the intercooler in the front.

4. 05 Si

05 Si Senior Member

Car(s):
    05 Si Coupe
    Good spot.

The roofline shape is so clear in these photos. Looks really sleek. I'm not in the market for a sedan but I think this one could be a looker.

5. EmperorHondus

EmperorHondus Member

Car(s):
    2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
    I thought it was being released this fall as a '16 model?

6. RobbJK88

RobbJK88 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
    It is.

7. M1160

M1160 Senior Member

Car(s):
    Lots of Uber
    Someone tell me those wheels are only for testing. They look like hubcaps!

@Administrator can we get some videos? I'd like to hear how the 1.5T sounds.

8. Ken

Ken Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic 2016 Touring
    Since we are all stating our opinions... I really hate the interior above. If it looks like this I am out! It's really cheap looking and retro.
    In regards to the digital speedo, this is the reason I got my civic. I also like the split view but would be open to something different provided it was aesthetically pleasing...by 2016 standards not 1970s. The more digital functions and interfaces the more attractive it is to me.

And yes I agree the wheels are ugly.

Furthermore I don't understand the secrecy... If it's coming out in a few months they should provide some info...

9. EmperorHondus

EmperorHondus Member

Car(s):
    2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
    I'm totally with you on the secrecy, considering the supposed fall release date. I wouldn't worry too much about the interior. Besides, the interior pic above looks to be a non-Si model. At least I think so because of the "Econ" button to the right of the shifter. Not to mention of course that an Si shoudn't even be offered with an automatic. In any case, I fully expect them the engineers and designers to sweat the details. Waiting sucks.

10. 10thG

10thG Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic
    It's a rough preproduction interior so don't expect it to look nice at this stage. Looks good to me in the patent images which shows the entire front dashboard - http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-civic-dashboard-interior-patent-images.65/

11. ///Mookster

///Mookster Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic Touring
    The wheels must be for prototyping only. At the very least they'd come in silver or another color not this plastidipped black look.

12. Ken

Ken Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic 2016 Touring
    I really don't understand Honda's business case for secrecy a few months before production. A lot of people will be like...oh I'll just buy something else rather than wait for an unknown.

EmperorHondus thanked this.
  13. H_P

H_P Senior Member

Car(s):
    '11 Si
    I understand secrecy to build up hype, but agree it is strange when we're this close to production. At least a few months are needed after releasing specs, pricing and other info for people to start planning and saving for a car purchase.

14. takemorepills

takemorepills Senior Member

Car(s):
    1987 Prelude Si
    Honda doesn't want to derail any sales of the outgoing model.

Of course enthusiasts will already know that a new one is on it's way, there are plenty of other consumers who do not know, or know much about a new one that may otherwise hold off until the new one comes out. They would be lost sales as far as the outgoing model is concerned.

EmperorHondus thanked this.
  15. Ken

Ken Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic 2016 Touring
    Ok that makes sense. Still the old model is ugly... Their sales have plummeted anyway. But yes... I take your point!