[Newbie Question] Replacing Red SI Badges?

cafecito820

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all!

So, I've kept my 2018 SI stock since getting it back in July, but the big red SI badges on the front and back are kind of irking me. I love the blacked out front grill, and I wish the badge matched. I'd like to replace it with something like this.

I've seen a few videos online where people use a hair dryer and fishing line to remove glued-on badges, so I assume that would work for the trunk lid badge (?)... But, the one in the front grill looks like it would be a bit more labor intensive and/or risky.

Has anyone successfully replaced either or both of the SI badges on a 2017+ model? Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks for reading!
Sponsored

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Si batch in the link won't work on 10th civic, and the Si badge on the grill is secured with 2 self tapping screws.

You gotta remove the bumper to remove the Si badge, too much work for too little effect.

Vr6chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2001 VW GTI VR6
Country flag
Try a company called Badge Skins. They do little vinyl overlays for stuff exactly like this. It'll sick on your current badge without removing it from the car.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try a company called Badge Skins. They do little vinyl overlays for stuff exactly like this. It'll sick on your current badge without removing it from the car.
That's kinda old school now. They have something better with solution coated on the surface without having to remove anything.

Sponsored