First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, My name is Mark and I am very new to the Civic x forums. I want to get into tuning soon and I have done some research on the limitations of the CVT. As far as I know, high levels of torque would score the belt and cause damage to the CVT. I know the base +6 psi tune would be fine for the CVT. But I want to know if it would be possible to increase the boost by another +2 PSI in the boost map whilst keeping the torque limiting tables around a "safe" value of 240 or 260nm. Would this be okay or totally useless.
Sponsored

Last edited:

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
Hey guys, My name is Mark and I am very new to the Civic x forums. I want to get into tuning soon and I have done some research on the limitations of the CVT. As far as I know, high levels of torque would score the belt and cause damage to the CVT. I know the base +6 psi tune would be fine for the CVT. But I want to know if it would be possible to increase the boost by another +2 PSI in the boost map whilst keeping the torque limiting tables around a "safe" value of 240 or 260nm. Would this be okay or totally useless.
Hi there, the one on hondata is actually in lb ft not nm....idk why hondata hasnt made an update on changing the units. Moreover, most cvt civics max their torque around 340-350nm which is around 250 lb ft. However, vit viper did claim that he pushed until 280 lb ft which is 380 nm, i have no idea if it safe or not. Personally i am going with 310 nm only for now which is around 230 lb ft.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Heres the bhp graph

IMG_4115.JPG
Hii wat map are you running? is this your dyno graph in whp or bhp? i have been running 6+psi map since winter but its getting hot summer here should i use 3+psi map?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in knowing what modifications you have to achieve your horsepower/torque numbers (Outside of Hondata).

And those are really smooth graphs for dyno'ing a CVT. I don't see many smooth lines in CVT dyno's in the U.S.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in knowing what modifications you have to achieve your horsepower/torque numbers (Outside of Hondata).

And those are really smooth graphs for dyno'ing a CVT. I don't see many smooth lines in CVT dyno's in the U.S.
My guess is he has paddle shifting

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
Hi there, the one on hondata is actually in lb ft not nm....idk why hondata hasnt made an update on changing the units. Moreover, most cvt civics max their torque around 340-350nm which is around 250 lb ft. However, vit viper did claim that he pushed until 280 lb ft which is 380 nm, i have no idea if it safe or not. Personally i am going with 310 nm only for now which is around 230 lb ft.
Hi. What you are telling is totally opposite side of what Hondata guy's said. If you're sure about the safe zone values for 250nm upto 340-350nm if i were you should search it again. Because you aren't showing you research for cvt capabilities

Probably your car has an different options of cvt then ours. Pls check if exactly same as all around the worlds civic international.

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
Hii wat map are you running? is this your dyno graph in whp or bhp? i have been running 6+psi map since winter but its getting hot summer here should i use 3+psi map?
Im using a UNICHIP at the moment and it is a custom map pushing 21 psi whuch is the +6 psi mao equivalent i guess. Oh yea and this is bhp.

Last edited:

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
Hi. What you are telling is totally opposite side of what Hondata guy's said. If you're sure about the safe zone values for 250nm upto 340-350nm if i were you should search it again. Because you aren't showing you research for cvt capabilities

Probably your car has an different options of cvt then ours. Pls check if exactly same as all around the worlds civic international.
Hmm bro, if you read in multiple forums lots of people have accepted that the units are off...even procivic says it must be lb ft....even vit viper says so....cause the stock civic is already pushing 240 nm stock from factory claims.....and everyone has the same cvt bro...lots of people are pushing similar numbers as mine around the world....lastly torque and horsepower is proportional...there is a reason why we cannot get high horsepower numbers with a stock turbo as a manual transmission civic 1.5T does...cause we cant reach the torque number

My mates who run hondata here in Indonesia used their torque limit claiming it to be "250nm"...however when we dyno it, it was achieving 320-340 nm for +6 psi map....so im pretty hondata mislabel it bro

Well in the end it is up to u guys what numbers you want to push...but in indonesia most cars are pushing around my numbers too...and none of our cvts have problems....

Last edited:

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag

I am using unichip bro, it is pretty famous in asia. Right now I am using a mishimoto intake, turboback valvetronic exhaust by amplify tuning and injen intercooler.

Reactions: Myx

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Im using a UNICHIP at the moment and it is a custom map pushing 21 psi whuch is the +6 psi mao equivalent i guess. Oh yea and this is bhp.
i had unichip too, on dastek dyno my civic stock made 139whp and with unichip it made 162whp as i didnt had any bolt-on supporting mods plus fuel here its not good around 91RON. Now m on flashpro using 6+ map with aftermkt rev9 intercooler, PRL drop-filter and hose, 2.5" dp/fp from RES-exhaust, have not dyno yet but i guess my car is around 205-210+whp as friend of mine on ktuner 21psi map with similar bolt-on is pushing 212whp running identical on drag race t my car.
Sponsored

Last edited: