New to CivicX: Going to buy a new '19 Si Sedan, it'll be my 8th Honda...

Rally Red Or Aegean Blue?

• Rally Red

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Aegean Blue

Votes: 59 64.1%

• Total voters

OGKaiju

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 Skyline GTR, '96 240SX SE, '07 Legacy GT Spec.B, '06 Silverado Duramax
Hey all, My name is Steve and I'm working on buying a new Civic Si sedan to replace my '07 Legacy Spec.B as my daily driver since I now have a commute (just bought a house further out of town). My Subaru only gets 20mpg which won't cut it, so I wanted something that was going get awesome mpg but not suck to drive. The Si seems to be the best bang for the buck. Now, this won't be my first Honda, I've had 7 throughout the years. 2 Civics, 2 Integras, 2 Accords, and a Del Sol, ha ha. The only other make I've had more of is Nissan (I still have 2 of those), so I'm not terribly brand loyal (I prefer Japanese in general though), but I just like good cars.

Anyways, enough of that, I've never bought a new car before, so I had a few questions for those that have. All the dealers in my area (Phoenix Metro) seem to bring in complete bare bones cars. I'd prefer to option mine out a bit (including all the aero add-ons), will I have to order a seperate car or can I grab a car they already have and they just install the options I want? For those that ordered a car, what was the typical wait time? And the main question, Rally Red or Aegean Blue? Anyone know the production numbers by color?

I can never leave any car alone, so I'll do general mods to the car (suspension, brakes, wheels, good tires, and exhaust), but I need to keep the MPG up so I won't get too crazy (plus I don't want to void the warranty). Most of the mods I'll do will be catered to hit the local time attack series for when my race car is down, which is what the Legacy currently does. Pretty excited to finally get a new car for the first time, I figure I should do it once in my life at least.
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I'm letting go of my '04 WRX now that I bought my '19 Si in Rallye Red. My first brand new car as well. My WRX is WRB and I love that color, but I think the red on the civic looks great, especially with red Si badging and interior accents. As far as ordering, you can't factory order a Honda like you can w/ Subaru. Plus the Si has no factory installed options anyways, only dealer installed ones.

OP
OP
OGKaiju

OGKaiju

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm letting go of my '04 WRX now that I bought my '19 Si in Rallye Red. My first brand new car as well. My WRX is WRB and I love that color, but I think the red on the civic looks great, especially with red Si badging and interior accents. As far as ordering, you can't factory order a Honda like you can w/ Subaru. Plus the Si has no factory installed options anyways, only dealer installed ones.
Ahh good to know, thanks! Yeah, my Skyline is a dark blue pearl and my 240SX is a dark red metallic, so that's why I'm torn. I'm over black/white/silver, so those are my only choices. I'd love a dark green or I'd even rock the yellow from the old ITR!

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your car search! You definitely can't go wrong with the new Si.

Typically, the HFP is a dealer add on option. It's also an option you have when ordering a civic si.

If you find one you like, they should have a parts catalog for you to look at to order the HFP (Honda factory performance) kit, which includes a front lip (only comes in rally red), and side skirts for the coupe & sedan (color matched to the vehicle), wheels and suspension, and Red caprted, HFP Badged floor mats.

Having the dealer install this, and include it loan would be the most expensive route, however, typically parts added on during this process get included with your warranty.

The cheaper route would be to purchase and install them yourself.

OP
OP
OGKaiju

OGKaiju

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your car search! You definitely can't go wrong with the new Si.

Typically, the HFP is a dealer add on option. It's also an option you have when ordering a civic si.

If you find one you like, they should have a parts catalog for you to look at to order the HFP (Honda factory performance) kit, which includes a front lip (only comes in rally red), and side skirts for the coupe & sedan (color matched to the vehicle), wheels and suspension, and Red caprted, HFP Badged floor mats.

Having the dealer install this, and include it loan would be the most expensive route, however, typically parts added on during this process get included with your warranty.

The cheaper route would be to purchase and install them yourself.
Ahh, good to know. Yeah, I am buying the car outright, so no loan required (selling the Subaru and a second truck I have). I'll have to see what they charge for installation vs doing it outside the dealer. I'm not good with bodywork however, just mechanical work, so it would be nice for it to just be done! And thanks for the welcome!

OP
OP
OGKaiju

OGKaiju

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the sun fading on the Rally Red vs Aegean Blue? So far, I've seen some people say that the RR fades to an orange pretty fast. Paint fade is a big problem here in Arizona, LOL.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
How is the sun fading on the Rally Red vs Aegean Blue? So far, I've seen some people say that the RR fades to an orange pretty fast. Paint fade is a big problem here in Arizona, LOL.
No sun fade on mine. Although, it's garage kept when not driven, and Clay bar, polished and waxed at least twice a year

OP
OP
OGKaiju

OGKaiju

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No sun fade on mine. Although, it's garage kept when not driven, and Clay bar, polished and waxed at least twice a year
Yeah, my car will mostly be parked outside since the Skyline and race car take up the garage. Only bad part of my situation. Work doesn't have covered parking either, so it's going to see a TON of desert sun!

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
how bad is that desert sun? good chance ill be moving from texas to arizona this year. probably wont garage the Si either there. Texas sun can be brutal too at times but tis no desert like arizona.

OP
OP
OGKaiju

OGKaiju

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how bad is that desert sun? good chance ill be moving from texas to arizona this year. probably wont garage the Si either there. Texas sun can be brutal too at times but tis no desert like arizona.
It can be pretty intense. I helped my mother-in-law move to Fort Worth from here in AZ in the summer and it was definitely worse loading than unloading. It's a different type of heat, but you can feel the sun intensity regardless if it's winter or summer (I use "winter" loosely, LOL). I love it here though, AZ is awesome. What brings you to AZ?

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Stay away from the Red in that sun, it will be pink in a few years lol. Go for Blue

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I wanted red but fading paint is why I went with blue. Couldn't see myself driving a pink car at some point lol

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
You’ll need to keep the red always waxed or give it a ceramic coating. Mine is. Paint, especially red fades because the clear coat gets broken down. A properly cared for and washed car will keep its colour.
Also one disadvantage with the Rallye Red is that it shows scratches more than the other Honda colours because it’s flat, but bright, with no pearl or metallic, so a scratch will be very visible. But there is no other colour but red I would rather have on this Si. It’s such a hot and sexy colour on this car

AllOuttaGum

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Civic Si
Country flag
Ahh, good to know. Yeah, I am buying the car outright, so no loan required (selling the Subaru and a second truck I have). I'll have to see what they charge for installation vs doing it outside the dealer. I'm not good with bodywork however, just mechanical work, so it would be nice for it to just be done! And thanks for the welcome!
I too am more of a mechanical person, but had no problems installing the HFP kit myself. The price differences were just too much for my blood. My local Honda dealer wanted $8000 more for car with kit installed. So, I bought a plain si and ordered the kit from college hills Honda in Ohio for $3500. Most difficult part was putting on suspension in my garage haha.

OP
OP
OGKaiju

OGKaiju

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think with the desert sun, that the Aegean Blue is the ticket! The red is pretty awesome, but I just don't want to risk it fading to pink since I have to park outside.

I too am more of a mechanical person, but had no problems installing the HFP kit myself. The price differences were just too much for my blood. My local Honda dealer wanted $8000 more for car with kit installed. So, I bought a plain si and ordered the kit from college hills Honda in Ohio for $3500. Most difficult part was putting on suspension in my garage haha.
Dang, yeah I guess I should get the plain civic as well! That's a huge difference!
Sponsored