Alex_hockey69

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
It has been a few years now that this has been out, would love to hear your feedbacks, any clutch issues, engine problems ....
Sponsored

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I was previously on the stock +9 tune for quite some time with absolutely no problems... About 5-6 months ago I went E85 with the +9 tune and still going strong with no issues

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hondata +9 for two years and 43k kms. No issues, stock clutch is starting to slip now on hard acceleration but that's accelerated wear and tear with use that comes as no surprise. There's a Hondata section on the site, and engine modifications...should find plenty reviews there as well.

CTR retrofit clutch is awaiting install, Covid has delayed all plans.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I only recently started using the Hondata As I switched from KTuner. I started with the +6 psi tune but my car didn’t seem to like it. Knock Control was high and knock count in cylinder 2-3 kept climbing up when accelerating at partial throttle. So I decided to try +9. I’ve put about 1400 miles on that tune so far running logs and trying all sorts of different accelerations. So far knock control is sitting at 54.6 where before it was around 73.2. Same gas. 93 octane. My knock counter hasn’t even counted 1 knock in any cylinder since going +9. Car feels amazing and I love how much improvement the tune has over stock. Not worried about clutch slipping as I plan on putting in an ACT clutch in whenever this one goes. But I also don’t go WOT all the time. When just going to and from work or getting groceries I will be in Econ mode. Sport mode will be used mostly to pass, when I’m out cruising more spirited or when on track. I’ve also tested Full a Throttle Shifting, which works great but I won’t be using that much as it will definitely reduce clutch life very quickly, and I’m not sure how bad for the engine it is.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I only recently started using the Hondata As I switched from KTuner. I started with the +6 psi tune but my car didn’t seem to like it. Knock Control was high and knock count in cylinder 2-3 kept climbing up when accelerating at partial throttle. So I decided to try +9. I’ve put about 1400 miles on that tune so far running logs and trying all sorts of different accelerations. So far knock control is sitting at 54.6 where before it was around 73.2. Same gas. 93 octane. My knock counter hasn’t even counted 1 knock in any cylinder since going +9. Car feels amazing and I love how much improvement the tune has over stock. Not worried about clutch slipping as I plan on putting in an ACT clutch in whenever this one goes. But I also don’t go WOT all the time. When just going to and from work or getting groceries I will be in Econ mode. Sport mode will be used mostly to pass, when I’m out cruising more spirited or when on track. I’ve also tested Full a Throttle Shifting, which works great but I won’t be using that much as it will definitely reduce clutch life very quickly, and I’m not sure how bad for the engine it is.
Wuuuut. I have my full throttle shifting disabled on mine. I'm too scared that will push the car a little too far for me

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
My car has been tuned on the +9 Hondata since 1,500 miles. I currently have 22,000 miles on the car. I love the tune, and I have no problems to report. My clutch is fin so far. I don't abuse my car by any means, but I have lots of fun with it. My tune is also a bit different from the normal Hondata tune. My car was flash tuned by King Motorsports. Their head tuner takes the +9 base map and improves upon it.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
A friend and I basically did the same with my +9 e85 tune. We based mine off his old tune which was a little bit more aggressive. Gives me less torque in lower RPMs, but way more towards the top end

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I’ve also tested Full a Throttle Shifting, which works great but I won’t be using that much as it will definitely reduce clutch life very quickly, and I’m not sure how bad for the engine it is.
Why would it reduce clutch life? It pulls back the throttle when you clutch in to shift. It is NOT the same as "powershifting".

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Why would it reduce clutch life? It pulls back the throttle when you clutch in to shift. It is NOT the same as "powershifting".
When you let out the clutch your foot is still fully depressing the gas pedal, which will cause clutch slippage to get the engine and transmission to spin at the same speed

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
When you let out the clutch your foot is still fully depressing the gas pedal, which will cause clutch slippage to get the engine and transmission to spin at the same speed
That and the he CDV limits how fast you can get off the clutch.
Sponsored