Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry that's just not true. The fuel lines on the vehicle are all labeled for e85.
Lol it's already been tested by every tuner and those who have ran full E85 had clogged injectors and misfires. This is fact and is all over FB
Sponsored

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Gotta burn off some of the e85 *

I've since added 4.7 gallons of 93 gasoline, coupled with the e85 (65% winter formula) that should put me around e47 if I'm not mistaken? Have you seen anything regarding larger fuel injectors, pump? Just curious what is out there...
Your tuning solution should be able to tell you what your ethanol content is reading at, we recommend nothing more than an e37 blend, at that point there is no extra power to be had and you are taxing your fuel system. There is currently no solutions out there for larger injectors, fuel pump, etc. As the market matures you will see these become more readily available.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Gotta burn off some of the e85 *

I've since added 4.7 gallons of 93 gasoline, coupled with the e85 (65% winter formula) that should put me around e47 if I'm not mistaken? Have you seen anything regarding larger fuel injectors, pump? Just curious what is out there...
I believe the fuel system is one of the last remaining parts that have yet to enter our aftermarket support. Along with anything to do with our transmission internals. I'm sure with time we'll have options, but I have yet to see any at this point.

Last edited:

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your tuning solution should be able to tell you what your ethanol content is reading at, we recommend nothing more than an e37 blend, at that point there is no extra power to be had and you are taxing your fuel system. There is currently no solutions out there for larger injectors, fuel pump, etc. As the market matures you will see these become more readily available.
So my question is e85 stations are already rare around here and our cars and the system is best used on an e37 blend how does one know what the right mix? Is there a gas gallon (octane?) to e85 ratio? Sorry if this has been covered already. I know the tuner can tell you what you're running, but is there a simple solution?

OP
OP
BobbyA

BobbyA

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (PRL Stage 1, Hondata FlashPro, PRL Flex Fuel e85, HardRace Rear Mount, Megan Racing Strut Bar) Wish List: PRL Catted Downpipe, Eibach Pro Springs Kit, Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood & Trunk.
Country flag
So my question is e85 stations are already rare around here and our cars and the system is best used on an e37 blend how does one know what the right mix? Is there a gas gallon (octane?) to e85 ratio? Sorry if this has been covered already. I know the tuner can tell you what you're running, but is there a simple solution?
Hi David, there is an online calculator you can use, below is a link. The thing is, you first need to know the %ethanol in your e85 pump fuel. I do that using my Hondata Flashpro in conjunction with the PRL Flex Fuel Kit. The PRL kit has a sensor that reads the % ethanol. The Hondata Flashpro takes that and reports it (i.e. on your laptop) There are other sensor kits that you can have a dial in-car reading. Also you can do it the old way via the glass tube test kit. You could also use the Hondata iPhone app to do it "in-car" at the pump, and/or just bring your laptop with you and take a quick reading using the Hondata Flashpro connected to the laptop.

The basic idea is, your e85 pump fuel is going to be anywhere from 65% ethanol content, up to 85%, depending on the season and retailer. Once you have established exactly what % ethanol, you can then determine how many gallons of that,to mix with regular 93 octane gasoline, to arrive at the e37, or in my case e47 mix. Here is a link to the calculator: http://www.wallaceracing.com/ethanol-mix-calc.php

There is a formula to do this without the calculator, I'll dig that up somewhere and post it later.

OP
OP
BobbyA

BobbyA

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (PRL Stage 1, Hondata FlashPro, PRL Flex Fuel e85, HardRace Rear Mount, Megan Racing Strut Bar) Wish List: PRL Catted Downpipe, Eibach Pro Springs Kit, Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood & Trunk.
Country flag
Thanks, I have to wonder - are the 10th GEN Civics that Honda has been selling in Brazil, equipped with some entirely different injectors and fuel pump (am reading they are 2.0L however??) Those are all e85 vehicles and very likely the ethanol pump content there, is 70-85% year round.

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi David, there is an online calculator you can use, below is a link. The thing is, you first need to know the %ethanol in your e85 pump fuel. I do that using my Hondata Flashpro in conjunction with the PRL Flex Fuel Kit. The PRL kit has a sensor that reads the % ethanol. The Hondata Flashpro takes that and reports it (i.e. on your laptop) There are other sensor kits that you can have a dial in-car reading. Also you can do it the old way via the glass tube test kit. You could also use the Hondata iPhone app to do it "in-car" at the pump, and/or just bring your laptop with you and take a quick reading using the Hondata Flashpro connected to the laptop.

The basic idea is, your e85 pump fuel is going to be anywhere from 65% ethanol content, up to 85%, depending on the season and retailer. Once you have established exactly what % ethanol, you can then determine how many gallons of that,to mix with regular 93 octane gasoline, to arrive at the e37, or in my case e47 mix. Here is a link to the calculator: http://www.wallaceracing.com/ethanol-mix-calc.php

There is a formula to do this without the calculator, I'll dig that up somewhere and post it later.
Thanks for the link and clarification the gains I have seen are quite impressive for sure, but it does seem to be quite a hassle to get the mix just right. I suppose this system isn't for everyone, but it is definitely interesting to learn about. Thanks again...

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
As a rule of thumb to those that are getting our flex kit, you'll want to blend your pump gas with ethanol (Typically ~8gal of 93 and ~3gal of ethanol). The car will not give additional power above e-40. Please let us know if you guys have any further questions regarding the flex kit, thanks!
At what point does it start to become damaging to our fuel system? lets say I pump 8gal of 93 and 3 gal of ethanol but that gas station has a much higher ethanol percentage and it puts me at about E45-E50 would running that overtime cause issues to my fuel system or is it just not giving any more performance above e40? I am asking so I know if I can just pump this amount of gas at the station and if I go above e40 I wont have to worry or should I go as far as to test the ethanol at the gas station and see what ethanol percentage it is at everytime?

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol it's already been tested by every tuner and those who have ran full E85 had clogged injectors and misfires. This is fact and is all over FB
I normally run an E40 blend. I got lazy and filled up on E85 one time and at the top end, the car would break up. The limitations of this fuel system are very evident. Back to E40 and everything is running beautifully.

I use an Android app called "E85 Blend". It let's you do all the calculations and works very well. The only challenging part is guessing where your fuel level is at. I've gotten very good at it LOL. Yesterday, I was able to guestimate I was at 28% tank capacity and I nailed it spot on.

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
At what point does it start to become damaging to our fuel system? lets say I pump 8gal of 93 and 3 gal of ethanol but that gas station has a much higher ethanol percentage and it puts me at about E45-E50 would running that overtime cause issues to my fuel system or is it just not giving any more performance above e40? I am asking so I know if I can just pump this amount of gas at the station and if I go above e40 I wont have to worry or should I go as far as to test the ethanol at the gas station and see what ethanol percentage it is at everytime?
Ideally flex fuel is something you use when you want some extra power (Provided you tune for it) You should always check what the ethanol stations concentrations of E85 are by using a simple ethanol test kit so that you know the quality of your gas. Your ethanol senor on our kit will be able to read what amount of e85 you have in your tank which to put your mind at ease as to how much you are running.

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I normally run an E40 blend. I got lazy and filled up on E85 one time and at the top end, the car would break up. The limitations of this fuel system are very evident. Back to E40 and everything is running beautifully.

I use an Android app called "E85 Blend". It let's you do all the calculations and works very well. The only challenging part is guessing where your fuel level is at. I've gotten very good at it LOL. Yesterday, I was able to guestimate I was at 28% tank capacity and I nailed it spot on.
Your gas gauge is no longer reading accurate after running flex fuel?

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Ideally flex fuel is something you use when you want some extra power (Provided you tune for it) You should always check what the ethanol stations concentrations of E85 are by using a simple ethanol test kit so that you know the quality of your gas. Your ethanol senor on our kit will be able to read what amount of e85 you have in your tank which to put your mind at ease as to how much you are running.
So what should we do in the case where the enthanol % is a little higher then it should be or a little lower? if higher add less if lower add more? If I do end up running flex fuel I plan to order your flex fuel kit and use the flex fuel tune from tsp.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Your gas gauge is no longer reading accurate after running flex fuel?
No, hes referring to entering the amount of fuel he has into the calculator. The calculator requires that he enters a percent of fuel remaining in his gas tank. Sometimes, it can be difficult to guess exactly what it's at

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
If it's a little higher, it's no big deal. The TSP Stage 2 tune (if that's the one you go with) makes 100% of its timing at 37% ethanol, meaning, you won't see any additional gains after you reach that amount. So if you go over, to around 40-42%, it won't hurt anything.

If you end up with less, I usually just drive around a little bit then add additional ethanol as needed, that is, if I want exactly 37%

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
If it's a little higher, it's no big deal. The TSP Stage 2 tune (if that's the one you go with) makes 100% of its timing at 37% ethanol, meaning, you won't see any additional gains after you reach that amount. So if you go over, to around 40-42%, it won't hurt anything.

If you end up with less, I usually just drive around a little bit then add additional ethanol as needed, that is, if I want exactly 37%
Appreciate the help / input.
Sponsored