JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
First of all thank you Pro Civic for the extra discount. Package was received quickly since I am a local Californian and was well protected inside against any mishandling damages.

Install was very easy since I already had experience taking off the front bumper. Grill fitment was almost perfect. There was one tab in the middle that wasn't clipping in all the way. It started to bug me so off the bumper came again to try to fix. Ended up breaking the tab on one edge while trying to bend it down in an attempt to get it to hold against the bumper, but this actually helped hold the grill in place better as there is now something physically preventing the grill from popping out of place.

Have had my Pro Civic grill installed for about 4 months now and wanted to share some IAT data for those who are interested in the benefits of more airflow with the grill. My car is a 2017 SI with K&N drop in filter + Mishimoto intake hose. All data was recorded from my Hondata app which supposedly has issue with the software switching up the readings for IAT1 and IAT2. I still don't know which is actually which, but for sake of this data I am just listing it how I read it. Now before you beat me up on this data I will preface this by saying take my findings with a grain of salt. I have no idea how accurate these temperature readings actually are. For example the ambient air temp reading I recorded from the dash would fluctuate 2-3 degrees whether or not I was facing directly into the sun.

Summary
Not much difference in IAT1 temps or IAT2 temps vs ambient air temps at idle. In some cases in was actually more with the grill installed. Maybe I waited a couple extra minutes longer to record my temps.
Much more noticeable effect on IAT2 temps vs ambient air temps at freeway speeds resulting in about 5% lower temps in IAT2. This means closer to ambient air temps with grill installed.
The biggest and most beneficial thing about the grill is the lower variance between IAT1 and IAT2 at both idle and at speed.

Hope this is all the proof you need to see the real world benefits of installing the Pro Civic grill. Honda racing teams don't need to be told this as they already run an open grill albeit not as elegant and OEM looking as the Pro Civic one.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Performance Grille for 10th Gen Civics Honda Racing FK8

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Great post Joel! It's nice to see someone do some actual datalogging for IAT values.

One of the main reasons we like having this grille installed is that it gives our SiriMoto oil cooler more airflow. These new engines tend to get very high oil temps during aggressive driving.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
The grill is a great start in the effort to reduce under hood temps. Combined with hood vents plus a turbo blanket and I think you got a winning recipe.

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
So there's been no noticable extra damage to the radiator with pebbles and road debris fitting through the holes of the freer flowing grille? Any more rain water that has entered the engine bay more than normal?

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So there's been no noticable extra damage to the radiator with pebbles and road debris fitting through the holes of the freer flowing grille? Any more rain water that has entered the engine bay more than normal?
We haven't had any of those issues. The water definitely would not do anything. Whether your have the grille or not, just don't follow behind massive trucks! Those things will kick up rocks big enough to damage your windshield, hood, etc.

Baller005

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-L
Country flag
May I get a coupon code as well Pro Civic! Thank you!

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This grill also Will fit european civics with the front parking sensors.
I installed the grill on my 2018 Civic sedan 1.5t (EDM spec) .I've got the front parking sensors in the grill and just drilled the sensor holes and transferred the sensors over.The sensors are clicked into some sort of holder .That holder is stuck on the grill with double sided tape.Just need to cut it loose and apply new double sided tape.I used 3m VHB tape and 3m primer to make sure it bonds 100%.
I also have the front headlight washer nozzles which needed to be clamped off to take the bumper off,otherwise the washer fluid would leak out of it.I used the FK8 (type-r) red honda emblems to install into the grill.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Performance Grille for 10th Gen Civics IMG_20190721_182712009

Honda Civic 10th gen New Performance Grille for 10th Gen Civics IMG_20190721_182735972

Honda Civic 10th gen New Performance Grille for 10th Gen Civics IMG_20190721_191513516_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen New Performance Grille for 10th Gen Civics 67266918_900648340269051_7384205425106747392_n

Last edited:
OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This grill also Will fit european civics with the front parking sensors.
I installed the grill on my 2018 Civic sedan 1.5t (EDM spec) .I've got the front parking sensors in the grill and just drilled the sensor holes and transferred the sensors over.The sensors are clicked into some sort of holder .That holder is stuck on the grill with double sided tape.Just need to cut it loose and apply new double sided tape.I used 3m VHB tape and 3m primer to make sure it bonds 100%.
I also have the front headlight washer nozzles which needed to be clamped off to take the bumper off,otherwise the washer fluid would leak out of it.I used the FK8 (type-r) red honda emblems to install into the grill.

IMG_20190721_182712009.jpg

IMG_20190721_182735972.jpg

IMG_20190721_191513516_HDR.jpg

67266918_900648340269051_7384205425106747392_n.jpg
Excellent info. Thank you for providing that!

Kable's2019Si

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1992 C1500 383
Country flag
I saved that link incase I ordered the grill. And that's the one I sent to a friend that bought the grill.

547855469.jpg
Were you able to reuse your Si badge on the grill or did you have to get a different one to fit that grill?
Sponsored