Emurph8

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord V6 touring, Ram 1500
Hello All,
I’m picking up my new 2019 si sedan next week. I’m beyond excited!
I’m sure I want to add the hondata tune. I think the flash pro is the way I want to go. The 6psi boost that adds 27 hp. I don’t plan on doing much else. Maybe a cold air intake? I want the extra hp and the full throttle shift sounds great. I don’t want to mess with anything else since I’m no tuning expert. My question is, is it worth it to buy the $695 version? I think the carb compliant version will give me the 6psi boost and the full throttle shift for $495? Is that correct? Do I still need to download it from a computer? Am I missing anything from the more expensive version? Also I assume the 2019 is the same as the 2018? Everything I’m reading is based on the 18. Is any one place better than another to buy it from? Forum supporters? Thanks so much for the info!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I had the CARB version and while it is a great product, it is pretty limited. I'd say the extra money (and features and adjustability) is worth the upgrade to the race version.

Keep in mind since your Si is a 2019 it may take a bit before Hondata includes your ECU for compatibility.

OP
OP

Emurph8

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the CARB version and while it is a great product, it is pretty limited. I'd say the extra money (and features and adjustability) is worth the upgrade to the race version.

Keep in mind since your Si is a 2019 it may take a bit before Hondata includes your ECU for compatibility.
Thanks! But the Carb version gave you the 6psi boost and full throttle shift? Are you happy with it?

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don’t do the CARB. You’ll want more access than that allows, even if you think you won’t do custom tuning. Hell, the #1 thing you’ll want to do is get rid of the AWFUL rev hang, and you can’t do that with CARB. I guess I’ll also be the first to say just get KTuner (welcome to CivicX). I’ve had both. KTuner V1.2 is both better and cheaper. Buy one now (as in today) from TwoStepPerformance and get 10% off plus TSP Stage 1 tune. Do it now, thank me later.

Wellarmed

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Just had my 17 SI flashed, works great....I only flashed the sport mode. Im also not doing any mods....mines a fun daily commuter.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hello All,
I’m picking up my new 2019 si sedan next week. I’m beyond excited!
I’m sure I want to add the hondata tune. I think the flash pro is the way I want to go. The 6psi boost that adds 27 hp. I don’t plan on doing much else. Maybe a cold air intake? I want the extra hp and the full throttle shift sounds great. I don’t want to mess with anything else since I’m no tuning expert. My question is, is it worth it to buy the $695 version? I think the carb compliant version will give me the 6psi boost and the full throttle shift for $495? Is that correct? Do I still need to download it from a computer? Am I missing anything from the more expensive version? Also I assume the 2019 is the same as the 2018? Everything I’m reading is based on the 18. Is any one place better than another to buy it from? Forum supporters? Thanks so much for the info!
Any reason you have decided against ktuner? Since you are getting an si, a ktuner and tsp stage 1 tune are going to net you a much better package as a whole as well as potentially being cheaper than your flashpro. The tsp stage 1 tune was made by @D-RobIMW and he is a very well known and reliable tuner for our genX platform.

OP
OP

Emurph8

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any reason you have decided against ktuner? Since you are getting an si, a ktuner and tsp stage 1 tune are going to net you a much better package as a whole as well as potentially being cheaper than your flashpro. The tsp stage 1 tune was made by @D-RobIMW and he is a very well known and reliable tuner for our genX platform.
Thanks so much. That’s why I love these forums. My initial searches only showed the Flashpro. The KTuner sounds good. Cheaper is always better. Seems like the way to go. I assume it also has the full throttle shift? That really sounds good and getting rid of the rev hang seems like a good thing to do too. I haven’t even picked up the car yet. Lol.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Thanks so much. That’s why I love these forums. My initial searches only showed the Flashpro. The KTuner sounds good. Cheaper is always better. Seems like the way to go. I assume it also has the full throttle shift? That really sounds good and getting rid of the rev hang seems like a good thing to do too. I haven’t even picked up the car yet. Lol.
Yes it has it as well. Get it through @Two Step Performance like others have said and you’ll get the state 1 tune included

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
gtman said to wait till there is an updated file and such for the 2019. I know it's unlikely there are any differences under the hood (unless they are minor enough as to not change specs), but would the 2019 Si models still need something updated in the future before they are flashed with a KTuner?

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
gtman said to wait till there is an updated file and such for the 2019. I know it's unlikely there are any differences under the hood (unless they are minor enough as to not change specs), but would the 2019 Si models still need something updated in the future before they are flashed with a KTuner?
No aslong as your ecu is supported by ktuner you need nothing more than the ktuner v1.2 or v2.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
dude get the full race version. imo thats the only version to get. the carb version is shit.

also, buy it used either from a member on here or on ebay. when i bought mine ingot it off ebay for 450 shipped. 695 is just rediculous.

i have ktuner now but i did love the flashpro. just dont buy that shit new.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't say the CARB is shit. If somebody just wants a basic set and forget setup it works fine and your car will drive way better than stock. But, at $495 it's overpriced because it's so limited.

One other low cost option is to just get a tune loaded from a Hondata dealer. The reflash costs $350...

https://www.hondata.com/dealer-reflash

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on the new Si and getting the radio knob lol!! Reading through this saves me a ton to start a new thread about which tuner to use.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
wow. no one mentioned the clutch.. a tune will cause the stock clutch to wear early. even the base +6.
some say break it in properly and you won't have a problem, however thats what i did and mine started slipping at 20k.

ktuner is my preference simply because they are active on this forum to answer questions. you can also play with ktuner more if your into that by adjusting the
boost by rpm etc to limit clutch wear with on the fly map changes.
some of us need this car to last a long time as well as be fast.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
wow. no one mentioned the clutch.. a tune will cause the stock clutch to wear early. even the base +6.
some say break it in properly and you won't have a problem, however thats what i did and mine started slipping at 20k.

ktuner is my preference simply because they are active on this forum to answer questions. you can also play with ktuner more if your into that by adjusting the
boost by rpm etc to limit clutch wear with on the fly map changes.
some of us need this car to last a long time as well as be fast.
yes our stock clutch is weak as fuck. mine started slipping yesterday on ktuners 19/23 base map.

this has got to be the weakest stock clutch honda has put in a si.
Sponsored