First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-150 XLT, 2017 Honda CR-V EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey ladies and gentlemen, I have been lurking on the site for about a month now. Purchased a 2017 Black Civic Si Coupe at the beginning of December. Love the power and manual transmission combo in this car. I have never owned Honda's before but have purchased a 2017 CR-V EX for my wife in August and this one for myself so we are all about the Honda's now. Can't believe what we've been missing!!!! Black wasn't my first choice in color but they had it on the lot and the deal was way to good to pass up. Looking forward to many years of driving these two vehicles.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Member 2017 Si Coupe IMG_0135.JPG
Sponsored

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Congrats and welcome to the club. I totally love my 17 Si. It's a really really good car. Really good. Enjoy!

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
Hi and welcome!!!

I am new as well, and bought mine about the same time as you. Mine is Lunar Silver which is a good color to hide dust and some imperfections. I would like to give you some advice on appearence care that will save time, money, and I promise will get you many compliments for a long time with a black car.

Do not take your car to a car wash. Do it yourself with a bucket filled half with water, use a quality microfiber towel, and a good spray wax like Maquire's Ultimate Spray Wax, or Mother's. Wet and wring out your microfiber towel and drag it across your car. A section at a time, each time dunk and wring out the towel to clean it. Do not rub the car. Do this every two days if you can. It only takes 10 - 15 minutes. Best to do it when you get home from work. Most industrial fallout happens during the day, so do the cleaning in the evening. Spray wax every two weeks (I do every week). Fold a second microfiber towel into 4, spray one side with the wax, and lightly wipe the car a section at a time. Do not buff, just wipe evenly. Trust me, your car will look like new always with no swirl marks. Water is all you need to keep your car clean. If you have to use a car wash, use a self service on the low setting. Then, right there use the water and towel method after.

Have fun with what I call a driver's car.
Your brother in all things Civic Si,
Rick

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I really like the more aggressive looking wing (from the side view) Wish mine had that.

ice raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 AGB Civic Si
Country flag
welcome to the family! That black looks pretty nice. Any plans for the car or just gonna keep it stock and enjoy it that way? I'm always partial to the red on black combo myself ;)

OP
OP
TommyInSC

TommyInSC

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
welcome to the family! That black looks pretty nice. Any plans for the car or just gonna keep it stock and enjoy it that way? I'm always partial to the red on black combo myself ;)
First order is 20% tint on the Windows and upgrade the speakers. I’m kind of big into music and the speakers are so bad. My previous car was a Kia Optima and I upgraded to Polk Audio speakers writhing the first 6 months. Haven’t decided which brand this time but leaning toward Polk Audio in the doors and rear deck with a 8” Rockford Fosgate sub swap. Other than that I am probably going to stay pretty stock for a bit.

OP
OP
TommyInSC

TommyInSC

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really like the more aggressive looking wing (from the side view) Wish mine had that.
Thanks, I’ve never been a wing/spoiler guy but it just looks right on this car. Years ago I had a Mustang and specifically got one without a spoiler if that says anything.

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
Congrats on the purchase!
I bought mine on 12/02/2017 and have around 3,800 miles on it.
It's a great machine very fun to drive and economical averaging around 36 mpg so far.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Member 2017 Si Coupe IMG_5503revised

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Congrats! I have your twin and got it with no extras except tint which was exactly all I wanted.

dr.jamzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 2019
Country flag
To add- always use a two bucket wash with grit guards to prevent swirling. Also, presoak the car with a foam gun or use the soap from your wash bucket to add lubrication before you start wiping down with cloth and soap. I disagree about cleaning the car with any kind of spray wax/detailer because you end up marring the paint with the dirt particles leading to swirling as there is not enough lubrication between the clear coat and the film of grim when using spray wax/detailer. Just let it get dirty and wash with two bucket. But to each their own

Hi and welcome!!!

I am new as well, and bought mine about the same time as you. Mine is Lunar Silver which is a good color to hide dust and some imperfections. I would like to give you some advice on appearence care that will save time, money, and I promise will get you many compliments for a long time with a black car.

Do not take your car to a car wash. Do it yourself with a bucket filled half with water, use a quality microfiber towel, and a good spray wax like Maquire's Ultimate Spray Wax, or Mother's. Wet and wring out your microfiber towel and drag it across your car. A section at a time, each time dunk and wring out the towel to clean it. Do not rub the car. Do this every two days if you can. It only takes 10 - 15 minutes. Best to do it when you get home from work. Most industrial fallout happens during the day, so do the cleaning in the evening. Spray wax every two weeks (I do every week). Fold a second microfiber towel into 4, spray one side with the wax, and lightly wipe the car a section at a time. Do not buff, just wipe evenly. Trust me, your car will look like new always with no swirl marks. Water is all you need to keep your car clean. If you have to use a car wash, use a self service on the low setting. Then, right there use the water and towel method after.

Have fun with what I call a driver's car.
Your brother in all things Civic Si,
Rick

Last edited:

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on the purchase!
I bought mine on 12/02/2017 and have around 3,800 miles on it.
It's a great machine very fun to drive and economical averaging around 36 mpg so far.

IMG_5503revised.jpg
3800 miles in a month and a half? Dang son, you put in some miles. Some of my techs do about 2500-3000/month, but they cover some pretty rural areas.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Welcome all. I have the blue Si coupe that I bought at the end of October. Loving it so far.
Sponsored