Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So they are telling CVT owners they can't have improved throttle response or ramp rate adjustments? Thats leaving a lot of users without features they want. Ive been messaged a few times by people telling me they said they were coming only to not respond or not give them these things they told them
Interesting that you bring that up. I started a topic on that very subject this morning:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/why-...ements-to-the-1-5-base-turbo-cvt-tunes.25404/

I get that Hondata is conservative and timid about pushing the CVT too far. But things like improved throttle response and quicker ramp are just drivability improvements not huge stress changes on the CVT. It seems to me Ktuner knows that an awful lot of people running tunes have CVT's and they update their product for them. I give them huge props for that. And I'm no Ktuner shill. I own a Flashpro.
Sponsored

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
You would know how much different and better your ride runs if you had just bought KTuner instead! LMAO! Glad to see them just continuously coping KTuner, that shows you who is the top dog and genius in the end. Still no updates for CVT's? Still no updates to show ethanol %s? Nah.. Didn't think so..
As an incredibly happy ktuner owner, I am absolutely embarrassed to be in the same club as you. Maybe it's time to grow up?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
How is it like Facebook? They told people it was coming, the guy bought the flash pro, its two months later and he said they told him next update, two updates after that and still nothing and DC2 saying they arent updating the CVT tunes....Its relevant to this thread
They actually never said what platform it would be on. Someone did request it to be on the 6mt on the base 1.5t. They said they would think about adding it.

GTman also have a CARB FlashPro. He's really limited on what can be tune due to EPA standard. He can't to be pushing the the car to max with emissions in the way

Don't get me wrong. I know Hondata is limited on what you can do compare to KTuner. With a custom tune you can push it way pass what the BASEmap can do. Too many people cheap out on it. D-Rob can e tune for $250 but barely anyone would advantage of it. KTuner and Hondata is a tuning solution. They include a BASEmap but if you want to maximize it. You would need a custom tune

Last edited:

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You would know how much different and better your ride runs if you had just bought KTuner instead! LMAO! Glad to see them just continuously coping KTuner, that shows you who is the top dog and genius in the end. Still no updates for CVT's? Still no updates to show ethanol %s? Nah.. Didn't think so..
touché!! :catfight::rofl: Plans underway to switch to KTuner :love:

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean in all fairness, you guys should love Ktuner as well for the fact that without it, you Hondata owners wouldn't have some features you have right now. They are always "updating", but seems to be always playing catch up w/ Ktuner's features or updates to correct issues in their software. Not taking personal jabs at anyone, just my $0.02.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I mean in all fairness, you guys should love Ktuner as well for the fact that without it, you Hondata owners wouldn't have some features you have right now. They are always "updating", but seems to be always playing catch up w/ Ktuner's features or updates to correct issues in their software. Not taking personal jabs at anyone, just my $0.02.
Fair point. I understand your position but also think it's lowbrow to bash a vendor, for doing what they feel is right, in a thread about said vendor's products. I think we are incredibly lucky to have both vendors support.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fair point. I understand your position but also think it's lowbrow to bash a vendor, for doing what they feel is right, in a thread about said vendor's products. I think we are incredibly lucky to have both vendors support.
Wasn't so much a vendor bash, they don't sell direct to anyone, at least KTuner is through distributors only. If anything it was more of a brand / product bash if anything.

This is like me playing and hoarding all my Legos, and I look over at the kid playing with Mega Bloks, yeah NOT the same damn thing! HAHAHA

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wasn't so much a vendor bash, they don't sell direct to anyone, at least KTuner is through distributors only. If anything it was more of a brand / product bash if anything.

This is like me playing and hoarding all my Legos, and I look over at the kid playing with Mega Bloks, yeah NOT the same damn thing! HAHAHA
The analogy using children's toys seems appropriate.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I researched both products and went with Hondata. But in reality, Ktuner is the more updated product with better customer service. Hondata certainly has the capability to improve their product. It’s just that they seem to move on to the next big thing and forget about their core owners. That’s my biggest beef with them. I also was told by Hondata privately that certain things would be added and they never were. That's a mistake. You don't promise things and not deliver.

Ktuner just seems so much more proactive and seems to give much more to their loyal owner base. Yes I have a Flashpro but down the road I have the feeling I'm switching to Ktuner. Sadly, Hondata is losing a lot of business because I'm not the only one that feels they are behind the times.

How come Ktuner can give us CVT owners tons of quick adjustments and enables and Hondata gives us doodly squat? Hondata says they want to play it safe but somehow Ktuner has engineered actual drivability enhancements for the CVT.

Sorry for the rant but I expect more from Hondata. After all $500-700 isn't chump change. But it seems like I’ve seen no improvement to the tunes or feature set for the CVT since the 10th gen tunes came out.

2018Gemini

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any idea when 2018 civic 1.5T will be added to Hondata?

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
Can u post a link?
It doesn't say 2018 specifically. For Civic the website says 2016+ For Civic SI it says 2017+ I'm not the only one who has a 2018 flashed with a Hondata tune. Trust me, you'll be fine.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase