JAy8

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Hi everyone! Ill be picking up my new 2019 Civic Sport Touring Hatch in polished metal soon, and Im looking for some start off mods or tips and tricks! Im completely new to the car scene coming from a stock 2017 Silverado LTZ Z71. Ive been doing tons of research and any tips or mods you guys have done would be much appreciated! One thing I want to do is get clear or smoked side markers.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
There was a similar thread somewhere, but will share my opinion anyway.

1) my first purchase/installation is for safety measures - dashcam

2) then those that protect common wear and tear things like anti-kick guard, door sill protector, better mats.Pain protection like sealants and wax or even coatings go with this group.

3) cosmetic updates like chins and skirts is third in priority, but sometimes i get the package with the car's purchase. Any other not installed by the dealer, I stick to those that don't require drilling or anything which can damage the stock. I might make an exception for a wing spoiler in a couple of years.

4) If the car is new, I personally defer performance mods or any other mods that may void the warranty, at least until later.

jforkner

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring, 2018 CR-V Touring
Country flag
Why do you feel the need to mod it? Perhaps it doesn't need changing. Use it awhile, then decide if something's not to your satisfaction---although you should have done this prior to purchase.

OP
OP

JAy8

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There was a similar thread somewhere, but will share my opinion anyway.

1) my first purchase/installation is for safety measures - dashcam

2) then those that protect common wear and tear things like anti-kick guard, door sill protector, better mats.Pain protection like sealants and wax or even coatings go with this group.

3) cosmetic updates like chins and skirts is third in priority, but sometimes i get the package with the car's purchase. Any other not installed by the dealer, I stick to those that don't require drilling or anything which can damage the stock. I might make an exception for a wing spoiler in a couple of years.

4) If the car is new, I personally defer performance mods or any other mods that may void the warranty, at least until later.
My Garmin dash cam that was in my truck will be going into the car! I got honda to throw in their version of weather-tech mats in, but if im not happy with them I will buy the real weather-techs. I have always had weather-techs and Im in love with them. Coming from a black truck, I already have detailing and paint protection covered! Thanks for the tips!

OP
OP

JAy8

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why do you feel the need to mod it? Perhaps it doesn't need changing. Use it awhile, then decide if something's not to your satisfaction---although you should have done this prior to purchase.
I mainly want performance mods. I like ponies and to go fast. I come from a background of a couple classic american muscle builds. Figured I could make my daily something that can be fun. Not looking for anything extreme!

jforkner

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mainly want performance mods. I like ponies and to go fast. I come from a background of a couple classic american muscle builds. Figured I could make my daily something that can be fun. Not looking for anything extreme!
Yeah, tinted side markers should cut your 0 - 60 times a bit.

civilian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen New Honda Owner Looking for Tips B063-CAD0-A203-4404-AF6-C-94-E2-EB659-E41

Honda Civic 10th gen New Honda Owner Looking for Tips 8959081-B-829-B-457-B-9-C8-D-858631-B9276-C

Honda Civic 10th gen New Honda Owner Looking for Tips E157-E299-67-F9-4-C0-F-9-B39-572-A15-F5-FEF0

First thing I did was flip the ugly orange markers for clears from IDMTOY which look great, match the clear headlamp assemblies, and have an LED that looks orange at night and clear during the day for maximum matchage.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
for more ponies the ktuner is the best bang for the buck and they are very active on these forums. hondata is very close to but not as active in here. both are good for 50+ hp and 75+tq over stock with a pro tune.
stock clutch is weak fyi. rods are ok with careful management. all the rest is pretty tough.

rock on!:headbang:

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's also the Burger Motorsports JB4 piggyback. It's still fairly new to this platform and I've only read about a couple of users on here with it. They do seem to have a good rep in the BMW and VW communities. I only bring it up because I have their SRI and it's pretty good so far ( I have ktuner for tuning)

OP
OP

JAy8

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, tinted side markers should cut your 0 - 60 times a bit.
Ya because thats exactly what I was going for with getting rid of those ugly orange side markers. No need to be salty just because I have no experience with building anything newer than an ‘76. Just looking at what other do.

jforkner

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya because thats exactly what I was going for with getting rid of those ugly orange side markers. No need to be salty just because I have no experience with building anything newer than an ‘76. Just looking at what other do.
I was simply trying to point out that while you state, “I mainly want performance mods. I like ponies and to go fast”, yet you keep throwing out cosmetic changes like floor mats, side marker lenses, and dash cams—none of which affect performance. It’s kinda unclear what you’re really after. Just sayin’…