New Here? Introduce Yourself!

Whimsey12000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring MSM
Country flag
Hi all! My name is Jody and I too was an obsessive lurker. LOL. Ordered a MSM Touring and I pick it up Monday! First thing on the list is tinting the back windows.
I currently drive a 2011 Ford Edge. Previously I had a 09 Civic, 07 Civic, 89 Honda Accord and a 82 Toyota Starlet.

rushhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2016 Honda CR-V Special Edition
Country flag
Hi I'm Rushdi. Civic and Honda enthusiast. Just traded my 2006 Honda Civic Coupe for a 2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan. Absolutely love it!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Awesome! Can't wait to step up!

AirCooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring , others
Hello, just bought my first Civic. A 2016 Touring Crystal Black Pearl. Just finished digging it out from almost a foot of snow (haven't sold previous daily driver yet) here in Chicago. We were introduced to Honda in late 2013 when we bought an 14 Odyssey out of need being a Soccer dad / kid hauler. Previous purchases include 1991 Toyota MR2 w/3SGTE Turbo, 91 Celica GTS, lots of Camry's, Audi A6 Quattro 4.2 and a couple of other toys. Won't go back to Toyota anymore, maybe Audi if their prices come back to reality. This Touring has a LOT of toys.

Thinking about investing in Honda Care due to sheer amount of electronics - any advice on this topic? Perhaps another thread... Looking forward to some good discussions. . .

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I purchased my 2016 BNP Touring about ten days ago. I'm older than most of the people Honda has targeted this car for at age 54. I traded my 2014 V6 Accord EX coupe in on the touring. Some of my friends thought I was a bit silly because in their minds I was downgrading. I didn't look at it that way, other than the power and style the Accord didn't have much exciting about it.

This Civic contains Honda's current highest level of technology. I love the turbo engine, both its power and efficiency. The chassis is just outstanding, the car rides great and really handles far better than the Accord did. The audio system is really nice, I love all of its features. The sensing suite is over the top cool and useful. The car gets great milage. The wheels are far nicer looking than those on the Accord. Bottom line, I may or may not ever go back to the Accord. If Honda brings it up to this level on the next all new model I just might. It's going to have to have a new engine as exciting as this turbo though for me to consider it.

I do love Honda's, but I'm not a fanboy. I have zero interest in modifications, racing, or any other youthful silliness. I have the means to own any Honda I want, presently this is the best one available to my mind.

Washiki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots
Ive been lurking for a while. I work at a Honda Dealer and I'm thinking of my old 2001 Accord coupe with 719,000km on it with a 16 Civic.
With the equipment that comes on the Canadian LX (way better equipped than the US model) that's the way I think I'll go . Just trying to decide on the 6Speed or the the CVT to get the Honda Sensing (which is pretty amazing). Will likely wait until they drop the finance rates (usually around Christmas)

AirCooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring , others
Is there a thread that details different equipment of Canadian versus US Model?...

turbo96xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T BLK
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone joined civicX to stay up to date with my new 2016 EX-T which I purchased yesterday and picked up today but got dark to take pictures will do tomorrow

Also a little info I used to be owner of DeepStage Motorsports from Killeen, TX WITH Andrew The Bear Bermea when NHRA Sport compact was hitting, I also sold my half of the shop to Drew and became Kenny Trans Dallas, TX (Jotech), crew chief after Tony Palo Rowlet, TX (T1 performance), had left the shop we have all maintained great relations after the scene died down nothing better then owning a HONDA thank you all.

Attachments

Last edited:

Washiki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots
Is there a thread that details different equipment of Canadian versus US Model?...
I haven't seen one. But comparing the LX ModelCanadian and US websites the Canadian LX comes with heated seats, 7" Touch Display (Can) vs 5" Non touch display (US) , Text, Android Auto , Wifi Tethering, Automatic climate control. 8 speaker 180 watt stereo (Canada) vs 4 speaker 160 watt stereo (US) . No tire pressure monitoring on Canadian models. 2 USB Ports (CAN) vs 1 (US). 60/40 split rear seat (Can) Rear cupholders (can) Rear seat center armrest (Can)
From what I can see the Canadian LX is like the US EX without the speed sensing wipers , aluminium wheels, sunroof , pushbutton start & Blind Sport display.
Well other than the price as well . The LX in the US has a MSRP of $18,640 USD . In Canada it's $18,890 CAN (which at todays exchange rate on XE.com is $14,126 USD)
Thats why I'm thinking of getting one. It's a lot of car for the money.

StuntMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Generation LX - Modern Steel
Took home a MSM LX this past Monday. Quite the upgrade from my daily 2000 Civic DX I was driving as my daily commuter. I'm back to my roots having previously owned:

1995 Accord Sedan DX (1st new car)
1998 Accord Coupe EX
2001 Golf
2003 GTI Anniversary Edition
2006 GTI

Current - 2004 Element EX AWD (traded my GTI when we had our son in 2012. Wife got the Element while I got her grad-school Civic)

Quite happy with the LX. It has all the bells and whistles this guy needs ... For now! I appreciate being part of the community.