New Here? Introduce Yourself!

alphaghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Is300-daily 1993 prelude vtec-my baby
Hello everybody, I'm Mike checking in from Chicago. I've been following this site for awhile after the civic coupe concept reveal. I'm looking forward to the si, wishing for type r but trying to be realistic here....lol. I've owned many different types of cars from Dodge Charger r/t to mr2 turbo as well as rx7 turbo II to e36 m3 which was my favorite. I started with Honda and always wanted to come back. There's always something special about the first car you buy which was a 97 accord se which I went full blown rice mode. Now I'm back with my 93 lude which I love and my is300 that I daily, but it's getting long in the tooth and I'm just ready for something new.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LeeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Edition / Lunar Silver
Country flag
Hi everyone! My name's Lee, from Maryland USA! I'm passing my 13 1/2 year old VW Golf TDI (that still runs like new) to family and upgrading to a new Silver Touring model Civic that will arrive later this month. I test drove an EX for fun today at the dealership and fell even more in love with the car. I'm 6' 1" and 250 lbs and the car fit me perfectly. I can't wait to exchange opinions and tips with the rest of you.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Welcome to the site! You've come to the spot for the new Civic, I find more info here than my dealer knows. :)

When you say your Touring will arrive later this month, you mean your dealer won't be getting the Silver Touring until then or did you order one?

LeeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Edition / Lunar Silver
Country flag
> When you say your Touring will arrive later this month, you mean your dealer won't be getting the Silver Touring until then or did you order one?

They had a Modern Steel one coming in a few weeks, but they swapped it to a Lunar Silver for me. I put down a refundable deposit to hold it. It's being built now, and will be shipped to them by the end of the month. They have a Cosmic Blue one arriving very soon; though beautiful it would show too much dirt and dust for my liking.

Speaking of this site, the dealer said I know more about the vehicle than they do. They are taking training this week. :)

HallOfPromise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Sonic
Hi everyone! My name is Fabio and I live in Rohnert Park, CA, which is in the north bay of the beautiful Bay Area. I've never really been a super fan of Hondas in general but I have to say that this new 2016 Civic caught my eye! I currently have a Chevy Sonic Hatch LTZ with the 1.4L turbo, which is fun, but I think I need a little something more in terms of size, style, comfort, and even MPG. Extra power won't hurt too but honestly I can't have too much power because I have a lead foot to the max. (I was originally thinking Mustang or Camaro but that would get me into way too much trouble!)

I have a year left on my 2-year loan and I feel it is time to start poking my head into the market for a replacement. I was looking at the Mazda3 to the Ford Focus, from the Kia Forte to the Suzuki Impreza. I even thought about the WRX and Focus ST, but again those would get me in way too much trouble. I was checking out the 2015 Civic but almost immediately turned it down. Then I ran into the 2016 Civic and couldn't stop looking at it! And now here I am, looking at the 2016 Honda Civic Touring. I mean it almost has everything I am looking for for a great value! And even though I was giving myself a year head start to look around I feel as if I already decided on this new Civic. We'll see if the new 2017 Impreza will add any competition to my decision making (AWD is a plus for heading to Tahoe), but until then I am heavily leaning toward the Civic.

I'm looking forward to contributing to this great Forum!

Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru Legacy SE Sedan
Hello there all, long time lurker and finally registered. I'm active in the Subaru community and have been lurking on several Civic sites to find where the best information, enthusiasm and activity is, and this was definitely the one for the new Civic, out of all the sites I read.

I'm looking to get into the Si or Type R depending on pricing and my budget when it becomes available. So far the sedan and coupe look very promising and it can only go up from here.

There's a lot of great info and activity here. Looking forward to be part of it and hopefully one day we can have some Civic X meetups.

9thgenidiot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic LX 2DR
New user, but I've been snooping for a few months here.

Brian, 27, from New Jersey. Bought my 2012 Civic LX about four years ago and have racked up almost 170k miles on it already with absolutely zero problems.. needless to say I'm a Honda customer for life.

Definitely getting a 10th gen next year but it's all dependent on what the final version of the coupe looks like.. from the spy shots released, IMO it's a disappointment in terms of exterior appearance, so likely I'll be leaning towards the sedan.

Will know next week for sure!

marval2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking forward for my first
'zup fellas, I'm Mar. Like some of the guys here, I've been lurking this site for quite a while. Been a fan of Honda but never owned one so yes, I'm looking forward for my first car.. ever. lol I'm glad to be part of this group and would like to say thanks to everyone providing information about the Civic. Cheers!

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Looks like lots of new guys signing up with the car's launch. Welcome all you guys found a great site. :D

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all,

I'm Brian, 25, originally from Wisconsin but now from California. Like so many others, I've been following all the news here on civicx.com for the past few months and finally decided I should make an account! I've been driving my '97 Honda CR-V for the past 8 years including a trip across the country. While I love it, timing has aligned well and I'm getting ready to transition over to the 10th gen sedan. Hopefully will have one in my possession within the next few weeks. :)

Thanks to everyone over the past few months who've contributed to the great news postings!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Awesome! Brian's are taking over CivicX!!!!

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone :wave:... Name is Roberto:imnew:... I live in South Florida, US... And I stumbled on this site while searching for the 10th-gen Civic for info... I'm not new to forums but I haven't been an active member of one since being a moderator on crzforum.com... I also used to be known as ex-mod :innocent: bizzybearfigiblue on 8thcivic.com... in case any of you guys are floating around here too!!

I have my eyes set on the new Type-R as well as possibly the Civic Touring... I really didn't want CVT but Honda won't give me the 6MT option anytime soon from what I've been reading... So that will likely be my next car!!

Anyways, I'll casually peruse the forum and offer any insight that I can while I'm here... Nice to meet you all and see you around!!

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'm here from 8thcivic as well.

FatesWarning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Hey Now! I've been stalking this site for some time now but finally decided to come out of the shadows. My name is Jason and currently living in north Florida. I've really enjoyed all the posts and reviews on this site. I'm going for the EX-T or EX-L, hopefully in the next month or two.

I'm currently driving a 2004 Honda Civic Coupe EX with 253,000 miles on it.

J-

SynKeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
Hey there I'm Josh, and I reside in Arizona. I just purchased the new civic and have been actively *obsessively* reading these forums for a few months now. I figured it was time to sign up and chat, maybe answer a few questions and get a few question answered my self.
Sponsored