Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR

cae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grom
Was lurking for a little while, but I've become more interested in the 10th gen Civic recently, patiently waiting to see what the hatch is going to look like and how the Si trim will be spec'd. I've been driving this sardine can Miata for 8 years and while it's a pretty fun experience on the right roads, I've had about enough with the daily safety anxieties and convertible idiosyncrasies that come with it.

I've never owned a Honda, but I've had great experiences with them. Hoping the new Civic doesn't disappoint.

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
Was lurking for a little while, but I've become more interested in the 10th gen Civic recently, patiently waiting to see what the hatch is going to look like and how the Si trim will be spec'd. I've been driving this sardine can Miata for 8 years and while it's a pretty fun experience on the right roads, I've had about enough with the daily safety anxieties and convertible idiosyncrasies that come with it.

I've never owned a Honda, but I've had great experiences with them. Hoping the new Civic doesn't disappoint.
Always good to see converts from other Japanese brands. Will be a big change switching from RWD! It's the big mental hurdle I have to get through if I'm going to get rid of the S2000 for an Si or Type R. But I love my Hondas so I'm stuck :)

sickk23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland, 2014 Lexus GS 350 F Sport
What's up guys. New here! Don't own a Honda currently but I got really interested in an Si as of late due to cutting back and a Civic is far cheaper than what I currently have. After doing some research I stumbled upon the concept coupe Si and am holding out to see it and hopefully get one if it is as awesome as the concept looks. I've only had one Honda product before, a '13 Acura MDX Advance. It was really fun to drive but rode like crap and had several problems so I got rid of it after a short ownership.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
What's up guys. New here! Don't own a Honda currently but I got really interested in an Si as of late due to cutting back and a Civic is far cheaper than what I currently have. After doing some research I stumbled upon the concept coupe Si and am holding out to see it and hopefully get one if it is as awesome as the concept looks. I've only had one Honda product before, a '13 Acura MDX Advance. It was really fun to drive but rode like crap and had several problems so I got rid of it after a short ownership.
Welcome :beer:

Which of your cars are you replacing with the Si? The Lexus GS?

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I bet we see the new Civic bring a lot of new and first time Civic owners into the fold. There's a whole generation of young people that probably never considered one their whole lives since it's always been a boring economy car ever since they could drive.

DJDUPONT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Hi ,new here. The Type-R has really caught my attention. I previously owned a moded 93 Si hatch, DA Integra, 3 diffent 92-95 Civic coupes and 96 Accord. I bailed from owning Hondas in 2003 as the thefit was so high I just got feed up with it. My current toy/fun car is 260whp 04 Coooer S which is an absolute blast to drive and even keeps my K swapped friends in check. Well the time might be here that I return to my roots. I will admit I'm not to thrilled about the hatch. The current euro hatch wouldn't even be a question, I love the design. But then again the spy shots are growing on me.

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
Hi ,new here. The Type-R has really caught my attention. I previously owned a moded 93 Si hatch, DA Integra, 3 diffent 92-95 Civic coupes and 96 Accord. I bailed from owning Hondas in 2003 as the thefit was so high I just got feed up with it. My current toy/fun car is 260whp 04 Coooer S which is an absolute blast to drive and even keeps my K swapped friends in check. Well the time might be here that I return to my roots. I will admit I'm not to thrilled about the hatch. The current euro hatch wouldn't even be a question, I love the design. But then again the spy shots are growing on me.
I dunno if it's just familiarity after staring at the Type R prototype spy photos but the shape is growing on me too. My first impression was that it looked incomplete like a sedan with the last 1/5 of the car lopped off. But I think it looks tougher and edgier than the current euro hatch which is a rounder design.

And welcome to the site. You found the best place for 10th gen stuff.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Hi everybody!
I started off lurking like most people. I'm excited and anxious to learn about all things Honda but primarily the US Type R. I have been on ClubSi.com, Honda-Tech, 8thCivic.com, and a bunch of others through the years.

I currently roll an 09 DBP Si Sedan with some basic mods and a tune. I make 227 whp on E85 and 215 on 93. I bought the car with 3 miles on it in January of 2009. It was one of the first of the refreshed cars that Jones Honda in Lancaster had. In fact, I had to wait for about 2 weeks for the car to arrive. The car now has about 154000. It has been an awesome car aside from one annoying ticking sound from the roof/ceiling.

My wife has a 2016 MDX Tech that I drive when we move about as a family. It's nice enough. Actually it's pretty awesome - but it isn't a sports car and I really don't even like that we have it and put it through commuter duty.

From the beginning when it was a 'rumor' in that Mexican article, I've been reaching out to as many Honda dealers as I can to tell them I will not buy another Honda unless it is a Type R - a legit Type R. If we weren't getting the Type R, I'd probably have a TLX-Advance right now! Also an option - a CPO Tesla S or a Tesla 3 in a few years.

My deposit and title are ready to make a deal on, hopefully, the first Blue Type R available in the States (or at least the first blue one my Dealer can get!!!)

I hope to see this site turn into a great international resource for tips, tricks, tech 'advice,' how-to's, and more. It would be great if we can get some of the guys in the other countries help us get the gear that Honda has, historically, only offered in other locations and vice versa.

Oh almost forgot my car history.
I've owned about 13 cars that I can think of. Started with a 79 Dodge Aspen, 89 Plymouth Acclaim, 89 Cavalier Z24, 82 Prelude, 99 Si (turbo), 93 Civic EX, 95 Civic EX, 85 Prelude, 87 Prelude, 88 CRX, and a few others that either didn't run, didn't run long, weren't registered, etc.
I have been mechanically active since about 2000, professional mechanic from about 2006-2010. During my professional time, I mostly worked on Eurotrash but I learned a ton.

thomasok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Black Honda Accord EX-L, 2003 Blue Honda Accord EX-L
Hello everyone! I only became interested in the Civic fairly recently and lurked a bit for more intro info before starting to contribute. This is the first auto forum for me. (I am quite active on a couple Hi-Fi forums.)

I am one of those who has mostly been an Accord man but this CixicX looks like it might change that. From the information so far it looks like you save $5000 and gain 5 mpg while loosing little in useable space and with an even higher level of equipment. I also find the design, both interior and exterior, quite attractive. As I am a dedicated Accord four-banger driver, the CivicX also appears likely to be faster. (I've never liked the poorer gas mileage of the V6 nor the effect on handling and I've never had a problem getting around the people I want to pass.

All my new cars have been Mazda or Honda. First new car was a 1973 RX-2 but when gas started to climb I got rid of it and bought the first brand new 1976 Honda Accord. Talk about needing patience! It was 6 months from the time I ordered it until delivery!

Since then a 1988 CRX, a 1993 Mazda MX6 coupe (a beautiful car - I really didn't care for the same year Prelude) and a used 1999 Mazda Millenia. The Millenia had too many major mechanical problems and I was impressed by the newer Accords so I picked up a new 2003 EX-L that I still own. Then bought a 2008 Accord EX-L which had an oil burning problem. Honda was going to take care of it but my dealer gave me an exceptional trade deal and I picked up my 2012 EX-L which is quieter and more refined than the 2008.

I had planned on paying off this car and get a new Accord next November or maybe wait a year for the new 2018 model. But I have also thought about downsizing as my kids are all grown and I'd like a more fuel efficient car (these gas prices won't last forever). A hybrid Accord or Civic might even be a possibility if the up charge isn't too much. I might consider a coupe as well.

I quite like the look and apparent quality of this Civic (it appears that Honda hit a home run - which they tend to do when they put their minds to it). And this forum has been very informative in keeping up with the news and speculation. I have plenty of time to wait until this all rolls out and the sedan, hatchback and coupe all hold interest. I have to say it is exciting seeing Honda come back like this - I may end up joining the ranks of Civic owners!

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Welcome new guys! Thx for sharing your stories.

Seems like interest is ramping up with the cars now hitting the dealers.

RobGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Sensing
Hey all! Been lurking for a while, but joined recently. Been looking for a new car for about a year and had pretty much settled on a Prius... until I drove one. I became less excited.

So, I did a ton of digging and stumbled upon Civic's and this site, and have been eager looking forward to the purchase for a few months now.... which is needed as the 2003 S R/T is really starting to fall apart.

The look of the 10th gen is awesome, and I'm also loving the standard features it comes with (started with the EX, I mean). From Canada, the remote start with rear and front defrost is going to be incredible. Apple CarPlay is a big selling feature also.

As I posted in another thread, I hit our local dealer and the cars arrived an hour before I did. I'm ready to buy!

taigebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello everyone !
I've been looking for what would be my first owned car ever for a few months now. I've been toying with the idea of buying the 2016 Volt but it's a bit expensive for my taste (and as a 6'4 guy I expect my car to be comfortable for the passenger that will eventually seat behind me and I doubt it will be possible with this car...).
This was all before I've seen the announcement for the all new 2016 Civic and I instantly fell in love with the design and all the features available for this car. I never would have expected to want to buy a Civic: my ex roommate bought herself the 2014 Civic and I was not pleased with the overall lackluster design and features.

So yeah... I expect to be able to buy my car next spring :)
Sponsored