New Here? Introduce Yourself!

Maxtierney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Acura Integra, 2002 Honda Civic, 2007 Honda Odyssey, 2002 Vespa ET4
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 7129992403_23626494bb_k

New member from San Diego, CA. Started off with muscle/pony cars. Bought/started wrenching on a 1968 Ford Mustang California Special at the age of 13. Moved on to a few 60s era Volkswagen Beetles. Full resto-mods. Then I bought my first new car in 1989, an Acura Integra RS. It's been Honda/Acuras ever since.
Sponsored

Kane76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TL
What's up guys. Lurker since the site's Type-R render was published and finally decided to sign up this week when the sedan was revealed. I'm waiting to see the Si coupe so hopefully we get to see the coupe and Si specs before the end of the year, hopefully together?

Used to attend HIN's with my 2000 Integra back in the day so hoping for a sporty coupe from Honda again for this gen.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 9th generation
Hi there I'm Shoaib Shafique From Pakistan. An enthusiastic and car loving guy who has passion for none other than cars. I currently own a 9th generation civic (not-facelifted model) and preety happy with the way things are going. I'm looking myself to buy a 10th generation HONDA CIVIC SEDAN.

Last edited by a moderator:

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone, I'm the owner of one of the first HRV's in Canada. (EXL in Milano Red). We are loving it. The new Civic has certainly caught our attention with the dramatic changes. The plan is to replace our 2009 Pilot Touring with something a bit more sporty and smaller. Top of the list right now seems to be the 2016 Civic Hatchback Touring. Word from our dealer is that it probably won't be available until the spring which is perfect timing. Also keen on this forums information on the two new engines as they may find their way into the next HRV. L8R

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey @CdnColin , I'm a member on HRVforum as well, welcome to CivicX. I hope your dealer is correct about the Spring release of the 5-door as I'm most excited for this body style as well. We're expecting the Civic to be on sale early November in the States, any word on it being different in Canada? I know you guys had to wait a bit for the HR-V.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Randy, thanks for the welcome. The HRVforum is a great place to learn and share information. I'm sure CivicX is also a great place to explore and share. On my first visit I have learned that the different models may have varying wheelbases. Not sure if I like that. I was hoping the new hatchback is a bit bigger than the HRV.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi Randy, thanks for the welcome. The HRVforum is a great place to learn and share information. I'm sure CivicX is also a great place to explore and share. On my first visit I have learned that the different models may have varying wheelbases. Not sure if I like that. I was hoping the new hatchback is a bit bigger than the HRV.
It'll be interesting to see what Honda does with the 5-door, all the test mules that have been spotted are using old bodies on the new chassis so we really have no idea what the finished look may be like. If they go the more European Civic route then it will most likely be a shorter wheelbase. It will definitely be wider than the HR-V if that is what you are looking for.

kidboise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord, 1972 Z600
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone. Jared from Boise, Idaho here. I owned a '96 Accord and now own an '03. They've been great cars, but new Accords are getting a little too big for me so I'm looking at the 10th gen civic for my next car. Love the sedan's design but will wait to see what the hatch looks like. I also own a 1972 Honda Z600 Coupe.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
New member looking to pick up an Si Sedan next year (providing Honda doesn't mess it up lol). Seems Honda is finally looking to catch up to Mazda & others with a strong feature set this time. And with my next car needing to go 200K, this seems to be a good compromise between practicality and fun. My only gripe will likely be the suspension. But with the CTR incoming, I'm pretty confident we'll see strong aftermarket support from the likes of Bilstein, Koni, KW, and others who have strayed away from Honda the last decade.

Couple photos of my current and previous rides:

09 MS3 with 150K. KW V2s, intake, tune, motor mount inserts, and wireless Android integration. 270 WHP/255 WTQ.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 19095096

'00 Si with 207K (sold). Koni, GC, intake, lightweight wheels, and a few other knick-knacks.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 3145670140_large

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler
Good to see some new intros!

@kidboise I think if you like the sedan design then you're (we're) in for a treat with the coupe. Seeing the green coupe pics from the LA sedan reveal reminded me how good it freakin looks! Hopefully it's good enough and has enough space to rescue me from a sedan life.

@Design Clean beautiful 2000 Si! 6th gens are probably still my favorite generation. New Si sedan will replace the Mazda? If so welcome back to Honda :)

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Most likely yes. Back in 09 Mazda was one of the few to offer climate control, LEDs, and a host of other upscale features. Now Honda finally seems to have filled the gap. Won't be quite as refined as say the GTI, but I'll take Honda's reliability any day of the week. :cool:

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 2019 Touring PWP Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys new here, Im stoked to see the new coupe as i have a 2012 Si coupe now in TW, love the site and the people here are really down to earth by what ive seen from the threads, take care boys see you around the internet

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Good morning. Been lurking for a few weeks now.

Currently own a 2010 Accord coupe exl-v6, thought my next car was for sure going to be a 2016+ accord sedan (kid on the way), and then I saw the 10th gen civic reveal and damn here I am.

Previous cars include a 2000 focus zx3, and a 300whp 2011 mazdaspeed 3.

Really interested in the 2016 Si sedan and hoping it might come with an auto as my wife has forbid me from purchasing another manual. IMO I love the new design with the fast back roof line. Looks like a car above its class.
Sponsored

Last edited: