Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
I guess I missed this thread but figure I should post up. I bought a blue 2019 Civic Type R three weeks ago while trading in a 2011.5 BMW E92 M3. I've owned a few Hondas but have admittedly had a series of BMW's in recent years including a dedicated race car, and my most recent car which served double duty. I've been autocrossing since 2005 and Nationally since 2008, done in excess of 15 track days. while instructing for several years. Despite some really BMW fanboi criticism, I specifically chose the Type R because I think it is and will continue to be a generationally transforming FWD car. So far I love it but it's still a work in progress. While some people refer to builds, I consider anything you can bolt on to be that. Before I bought my car I already committed to two sets of wheels/tires, and I'm collecting my bolt on parts in mass. Here's to some fun. Looking forward to learning from you guys on this forum.

Clark Walker
Sponsored

malfidusgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
New member and Honda owner reporting in! As of yesterday I'm the very proud owner of a 2020 Civic Hatchback EX-L in Aegean Blue. The dealership worked through ziebart to get me 35% nano ceramic tinting all around except the windshield, and clear PPF on the front end. I've already switched out the side markers for smoked LEDs and replaced the outside mirrors with the ones from Suma Performance. When I have some free time, I will be installing front and rear dash cams and upgrading the rearview mirror to one with a built-in compass.

I'm loving everything about the car so far. Driving dynamics, safety, fuel economy, styling inside and out, and the color I chose is just spectator. I've always wanted a blue car, and so in many ways this car is a dream come true.

My first ever car was in 1995 Civic hatchback DX with manual everything. What a great little car that was. I still miss it sometimes. After I moved on from that I drove a Mazda 3 for a number of years. My 95 Civic consistently got MPGs upwards of 35, whereas my Mazda got 32 on a good tank. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing mid/high 30s again in my new Civic.

I've been lurking this forum for a while. I'm excited to finally count myself among your ranks.

View attachment 182315

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20191027_115406~2

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

bletchlypark

Honda Enthusiast
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2019 Odyssey
Country flag
Hey Everyone I’m John.

I bought my first Civic about 3 months ago. I got the 19 sedan sport 2.0L CVT but I am kicking myself now for not getting the turbo an/or the manual transmission.

I was commuting to Nashville every day so the manual seemed like a bad choice for an hour of stop and go driving each day. Now I don’t have that job anymore

I was thinking of leasing but I fell in love with the car too much and had to buy. It took them about a week to get a Blue sedan for me from another dealer. It was worth the wait I don’t know why I just love the color. And I’m glad I paid more for the paint protection because it already has chips.

I wanted to give it a few months before starting any mods but now I am rolling on multiple and will probably be done soon.

1. AEM Cold air intake
2. Tints: Llumar CTX 35% around
3. Frosted side lights
4. LED white headlights and fogs
5. Various Blue interior trim pieces.
6. Chrome delete kit (ordered)
7. Interior LED light kit (ordered)
6. Subframe kit: (ordered) https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2019/civic/sirimoto-rad-subframe-suspension-kit.html?ctid=4025

I’ll probably add some more but I’m pretty close to finished unless I decide to get a K-Tuner, but I’m not sure if that voids all my warrantees so I will probably wait.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! CA0D4148-C4BC-4EAE-9FB8-7B1377D653A7

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 54292348-B218-4A95-9AF6-1B8F102700C3

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 06E1CD57-E047-4423-B851-3CE75BAE064C

View attachment 182413

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Mister_AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport 4D
Country flag
Greeting all. New user & first time Honda owner. Picked up a 2019 Civic Sport 4D CVT a few days back for my new daily driver. Came off a 2014 Mazda3 so really enjoying the new tech features & handling feels just as good. Likely keeping the mods light with smoked sidemarkers, tint & splash guards but we'll see how it goes.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! NewCar-2

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
3 days into a 2020 Sonic Gray Sport Hatchback. LOVING IT!
Much improved in terms of the previous years yea?
How is the interior? Does it still feel like an LX base, this of coz... assuming you see and tried an LX....

Congrats!

Philthy47

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport sedan
Country flag
Hello everyone! So I’m coming over to the dark side ;) I’ve been a huge VW guy since 2003. I had an 03 1.8T and then a 2008 2.0T GTI with all the traditional bolt-ons and chipped them. Then I got married, had 2 kids, and now commute 60 miles one way to work. I was driving a 2011 Altima hybrid as my commuter car, and finally decided to upgrade. I just purchased a 2019 Civic Sedan Sport, Lunar Grey, and ABSOLUTLEY LOVE IT! I was looking at the 2020 Kia Forte for the cheaper cost but when they couldn’t fit my budget I decided to swing into a local Honda dealer, and I’m so glad I did because they gave me a cheaper price than Kia! I’m more than happy with this car and the technology that comes standard is great! I’m happy to be on the other side now and I can say I love my car again! :headbang: Happy to be a part of the Honda team and have a car I enjoy driving on my long commutes! Cheers! :beer:

PiAngelos

First Name
Hany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very similar story (minus the married and kids part) to @Philthy47 ! Had a Mark V 2007 GTI for almost 5 years. One of my favourite cars ever! Had a stage 1 tune and a couple of other modifications on it that made so fun to drive! Then picked up a job that requires me to commute 60kms one way everyday so had to make a smarter investment!

Five days ago I picked up a 2017 Hatch Sport Touring 6MT in Sonic Grey Pearl which has been phenomenal so far! Looking to start modifications pretty soon - both aesthetic and performance ones so I've been slowly familiarizing myself with this site and forums! If there are any other Ontario folk out there message me I need tips on vendors, mechanics, etc!

Cheers!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic - Putco LED directional signals, Putco H11 - NitroLUX low beams
Country flag
Hi, names Brett - New Englander - Like many of you, I am new to the forum. Been following for a while and recently upgraded to a new Civic. Trying to find the best light output for low beams. As we all know the Civic factory lights suck. I've done endless research on LED's and HIDs. In fact, had an Morimoto Elite kit from TRS in my last Accord coupe.

With all the civic owners out there and the research I have done I have not found any helpful reviews on Putco, Supernova, GTR Lighting, or Xenon Depot quality LED's.

I currently have Putco Nitro-lux LED's for my lows. They are nice, project a nice beam pattern and seem pretty bright. I am more interested in the Supernova V.4s as they are incredibly popular and seem to be the best. I have not seen one civic owner post anything about true QUALITY LED's that are not bought on Amazon and alike.

Does anyone have any feedback on these LED's in the Civic with the Projector style lens?

TrackHeads028

First Name
Genesis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yo!

Gino at your cervix.
Here to spread my experiences if you wish.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20190406_105600_881

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
My wife got a 2018 EX HB a couple weeks ago, I picked up a 2020 Sport Touring HB 6MT on Wednesday. Both black. So far so good, but the rev hang is weird to get used to and the shifter sits higher than I'd like. Trying to decide if my first mod will be a short shifter or a KTuner.

lo-fo

First Name
j.lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hb sport
Country flag
Much improved in terms of the previous years yea?
How is the interior? Does it still feel like an LX base, this of coz... assuming you see and tried an LX....

Congrats!
I actually didn't see and try the LX... I wanted the push button start, turbo, remote start features, so didn't even really look at anything else. Was really happy when I sat in the car the first time and was smitten since then.

paigeai

First Name
Paige
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking at civics
Country flag
Thanks for letting me join. Came here for advice.... Looking at buying a 16 EX-T Sedan with the CVT tomorrow, but still considering a 16+ 2.0 with 6 speed manual. the 16 is super clean and a great price, should I hold out for an LX with the 6 speed? I would like to do some mild upgrades eventually (intake, tune, possibly exhaust if I can find one that doesn't get too loud) to whatever I buy and am concerned how the CVT will handle them, any feedback?

Thanks in advance

Mqk3

First Name
Muhammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just picked up a 2020 Civic HB Sport in SGP last weekend, love it so far.
Any fellow SGP owners in Jersey?

Wylde06

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just picked up a 2019 EX Hatchback, loving it so far. Honda did a great job with their white paint.

Coming from a Nissan Maxima, I already want to try and tighten up the suspension. Would a strut bar and sway bar be a good place to start? Not looking to spend too much before winter, in case I decide on winter tires.

Bail

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
Hello everybody, I appreciate it letting me join. This is my second Honda. I originally tried to get a 15 Si but for financial reasons had to settle on a used 13 Lx coupe. I wanted to get into modding but couldn't justify it on the base model civic. So for my birthday I traded that car in for a brand new 2019 Si in Rallye Red. I already have the PRL cold air cobra intake and might buy the maperformance street Catback this week.
Sponsored