Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Hey everyone, just bought a 2018 Hatchback Sport. First Honda, so hoping for a great experience. Waiting for the snow to melt so I can actually get out and drive it some more! It's quite a change from the truck I had before, and a welcome one.
Sponsored

mahyk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX and 2016 Honda HR-V EX
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, my name is Rob. Last week a put down a refundable deposit on a 2019 EX-L in Platinum White Pearl and Ivory interior. I took a test drive with a 2018 EX-L and was impresse with the ride, handling and overall quality.

I've been reading many threads including pros and cons to make sure I'm making the right decision and ultimately pull the trigger. Thus far my biggest concern is the oil/fuel dilution issue, though I'm not sure how big of a problem that might present.

Anyway, thanks for having me and am looking forward to discussing all things Civic!
I just picked up a 2019 Civic Hatchback EX. I too was concerned about the oil dilution, but heard that the 2019 models would have that issue fixed. Now, I heard this through the forum (can't find the thread). So not sure how concrete that information is. But also, I have a feeling that the issue is overblown. It seems everyone is enjoying their CivixX vehicles with no major issues. Maybe it's just a concern that builds up to become anxiety towards their car. Not sure, but all I know is I'm enjoying my 2019 Civic Hatch EX. Oil levels has been fine for long and short drives for me. I even use the remote start to warm up the car for 5-10 minutes and drive a few miles for errands. No issues. I only have 500 miles logged, but I have no concern at this point.

mahyk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX and 2016 Honda HR-V EX
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all, appreciate the welcome. I'm a 71 year old retired Biomedical Engineering Technician who has been driving Hondas since about 1980, have owned Civics, Accords & yes, a couple of Integras. Currently driving a White Orchard Pearl 2016 Civic EX-L coupe. I have just ordered a 2019 White ? Pearl Civic Touring Coupe (build date is supposed to be 12/6/18) will be getting trade value & closing the deal next Tuesday. The dealer will be changing out the Continentals for the new Michelin Primacy Tours, never had good results with Conti's. Getting the calipers painted red and have found a set of the "Turbo" decals that come on the Canadian models, possibly some other cosmetic mods and Mugen parts to liven things up a bit. Already enjoying and getting some good information from the threads here, seems like a friendly group. I have always driven Coupes, although I did have a serious look at a Fit EX-L now that they are NOT making them in Mexico, its going to be interesting to see how the 235/40/18's do in the snow here in Central Pa, kinda wish they had stayed with the 215/50/17's. But, it's all good, I'm getting a volume KNOB again!

Hopelessly old skool
Phil
Good call with switching the Conti tires out. Not a fan of them either. Also, I previously had a 2016 HR-V that was built in Mexico. The rear strut kept faulting every year. Good it was covered by warranty, but once the warranty expires...I was not going to be a happy person. Now I'm not shading Mexico at all, but seems there is a build issue at their plant for certain vehicles. As for snow, I drove with the stock Conti tires and it was a little sketchy at times. I actually found someone here in the forum selling their snow wheel/tire setup. Got them yesterday and threw them on, but yet to drive with them in snow (roads are currently clear). I'm positive they will perform well as I long ago had a e36 BMW M3 with Blizzak tires (same as my current winter tire setup for the CivicX). Just not confident with the Contis in the snow.

whazaaap

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Steve Woodman here. Been street cruising since 1973. Just got my new 2018 Civic Hatch Pro Touring tweaked for the street. I have been driving Hondas since 1992 and that only encompasses two cars. 1991 Civic Si hatch with a B16 engine swap from a Japanese Integra and a new Integra Type R top end. Many other add-ons. Had it for 11 years and traded up for a 2000 Prelude. Drove it for 18 years. Now the new hatch is my first "new" car in almost 30 years. Upgrades include PRL intercooler charge pipe kit, PRL front pipe/down pipe, Injen cold air intake, upgraded Koyorad radiator, Greddy exhaust and PRL CVT transmission cooler. After Hondata Flash Pro tune, I am getting 205hp, and 215 lb ft of torque at the wheels. Still getting 30/36 mpg's. Thanks to this forum for all the great recommendations.

whazaaap

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Steve Woodman here. Been street cruising since 1973. Just got my new 2018 Civic Hatch Pro Touring tweaked for the street. I have been driving Hondas since 1992 and that only encompasses two cars. 1991 Civic Si hatch with a B16 engine swap from a Japanese Integra and a new Integra Type R top end. Many other add-ons. Had it for 11 years and traded up for a 2000 Prelude. Drove it for 18 years. Now the new hatch is my first "new" car in almost 30 years. Upgrades include PRL intercooler charge pipe kit, PRL front pipe/down pipe, Injen cold air intake, upgraded Koyorad radiator, Greddy exhaust and PRL CVT transmission cooler. After Hondata Flash Pro tune, I am getting 205hp, and 215 lb ft of torque at the wheels. Still getting 30/36 mpg's. Thanks to this forum for all the great recommendations.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20181017_145239

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20181017_145405

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
Hello Everyone,

My name is Dylan, I'm 18 and I just recently purchased a new 2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch. So far i am in love with this car and it was a huge change for me as my previous daily was a lifted 2002 Silverado that drove like absolute crap to be honest lol (not to mention 9 mpg). I have always been into cars ever since i was little since virtually everyone in my family has custom cars and trucks as well as my dad being a huge influence. I am very excited about the endless possibilities this car has and look forward to talking to all the members of this forum. I will post some pics of my car and truck below if anyone is interested in them.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 13939350_1064246037000973_8401540686686007366_n
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 46830868_1956892887736279_3337213000858730496_n

chinobx87

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, Jay here. Traded my04 Acura Tl for a 19 Civic Sport. SO far so good with the vehicle. Love the color and planning on some Mods after the holidays.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 46830868_1956892887736279_3337213000858730496_n

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_9184-1

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_9055

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_9051

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_9050

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_9043-1

Meydey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Coupe, 1988 Toyota 4x4, 2008 Nissan Altima
Country flag
Howdy everyone. Justy drove a Pearl White 2019 Civic EX Coupe off the lot last night. So far after the morning commute I am sitting at 51 miles on the odo. Have had multiple civic/accords over the years and always had a love/hate relationship with them. Ask me about swapping timing belts on a 92 Accord coupe (ugh). So far love the 19, with my only issues being the auto High Beams being to sensitive. I don't plan on mods beyond 25% tint and a front/back dashcam. I love the Android Auto and the fact I held out for a volume knob. Still waiting on mudflaps as they were backordered at the dealer.

Miggs12

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sedan Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys. Miggs or Miggy here and I'm from Los Angeles, CA. I recently just got my 2019 Civic Sedan Sport and I found about this forum so I joined. I am planning to do some exterior and performance mods but I am pretty new to this so I hope I can learn a lot and maybe get some help along the way in this forum.

TOMMY B

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
219 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Just moved on from a 09 4 door Si that we put 250k on from mew. We picked up a new 2018 White/black interior 6 speed Hatchback Sport. I always wanted a European Honda...

Vmac

First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I have a Jeep Rubicon that gets about 14 mpg, which was perfectly fine when I worked from home. Just changed jobs with long commute, so looked for cheap commuter. Test drove a 2015 Civic SI and was so unexpectedly impressed that I ended up buying a new 2018 SI coupe for only a couple grand more.

Can't tell you how impressed I am with this car. Not sure how Honda does it (as a Honda fan for about 40 years, I kind of know). Quite fast, 38 mpg, for this price. Amazing. Love everything about it,and so fun to drive.

The only (very minor) niggles:
  • passenger airbag light. I will be covering that section with vinyl soon.
  • seatbelt so far back!
  • I know I'm probably in the minority here, but the red lettering on the shift knob annoyed me. 100% better now:

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! i-ZrCb6NM-S

Vmac

First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
And... mod #2, couldn't wait for vinyl. Found some faux carbon decals in my cycling crap.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! i-QVgxFXt-M

liljay2008

First Name
Jide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
Been a member here for a while and haven't seen an intro thread or section so thought I'd kick one off (hope it's ok with the mods/admins).

Like the name says, name's Jack and it's nice to meet you all (virtually). Been following the great discussions and info here and have even participated a bit - at least more than I have on forums before.

I'm looking to pick up either a Civic or Accord coupe, depending on how much I like the Civic coupe once it's finally revealed. So far from what I see on the concept I'll be leaning towards the Civic most likely.

Look forward to seeing fellow members introductions!
My name is Jide, got a 2017 SI coupe...new here and I got a question already lol. I look on here a lot of ideas so I figure so might as well join....nice to meet the civic crew!
Sponsored