New Here? Introduce Yourself!

Shrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport touring Hatch
Country flag
Got my 2018 sport touring hatch last s\Saturday. Hit 1200 miles today. I drive 60 miles one way to work so 120 miles a day plus running around the ATX so I figure something like 33k a year in mileage.
Left side wheels had some abrasions and oddly matching scratches on them. Dealer ordered me new ones and replaced them. got the windows tinted with ceramic went with "limo" in the back and Texas max legal in the fronts ,going back to get a eyebrow installed. Throwing some splash guards on since I'm on the road a lot and then CAI, fog/driving lights. Not sure if I'm going with a light bar or individual lights to augment the factory fog lights. had a RSX typeS, then a Scooby forester XT which I traded in for the Civic.
Sponsored

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Ex Hatch, Nissan Altima
Country flag
Hey everyone, already posted in the forums but figured I would introduce myself here real fast. Currently own a (well loved and very well used) Honda Fit GD3 (08) but am trading it in today and taking delivery of my brand new 19 Civic Hatch. I am both excited and sad. The Fit was my first new car and first Honda even. I will be sad to see it go but it is time for it to move on. My family is getting larger and is really too large for that car any more. I do wish the Civic had the magic seats of the Fit but I will manage. Currently waiting on the call to come pick it up. The weather today is quite crappy, freezing rain but I am lucky enough that my Findway mats came in. They are currently airing out in the living room. For anyone on the fence with these the smell really is not noticeable at all.

Sorry for ramble just really excited here.

socorrotography

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatchback sport
New Here soldier in Colorado, Loving the fact I’m back in the Honda life with a 2018 Hatch Sport Orchid pearl 6mt

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 9F1217DC-04AA-4AD8-9E08-BA3A211D273D

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 2E2A5227-B7BA-410E-AE47-6C134509D4FB

mahyk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX and 2016 Honda HR-V EX
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, I introduced myself about a week or so ago as I was set to purchase a 2019 Black Civic Hatchback EX and was to be delivered at the end of this month. Well, my sales guy called me today to maybe get me into a loaner for a day. He did then mention to me that he just got a 2019 Hatchback EX yesterday, but in polished metal color. That was my second choice. So I wanted to see it in person. I went. I saw. I purchased. 2019 Civic Hatchback EX in polished metal! Geeked!

Sorry for the dull pics inside the garage. It's snowing and cold outside.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20181116_134355

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20181116_134416

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Hi,

New here and looking at the 2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring and trying to compare it to the Civic Sedan Sport Touring. The Sedan has Homelink (Garage door openers in the rear view mirror) and the Hatchback has a little better sound system. Any other things I should consider? It is mainly for me to drive to work. Commute is about 2 hours total a day in the car. I did drive the Hatchback. Any pros or cons to either? Thanks in advance.

Bill

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, potential dumb question but... how do I attach photos?

KenFlex559

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si 2017
What’s up names Ken I’m new got a Civic si 2017 got nothing fancy on it yet needing some suggestions all I got is Ingen cold air intake, greddy supreme sp exhaust, and Hondata FlashPro lmk and keep me updated thanks broskies

MrSpartan42

#NA4BANGIN #MAYYOURSHIFTSBESHORT
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX MT//Ktuner//AEM CAI
Vehicle Showcase
Hello! My name is Zach, I've got a 2017 Civic LX with a CVT transmission (would have gotten the manual again if I had known I was going to start modding)
I'm completely new to tuning and have a limited amount of experience working on engines. I work with blueprints all day so I'm fairly "mechinically and engineering inclined..." Or at least I think I am. I'm excited to have found a good hobby and am looking forward to soaking up as much knowledge as I can. Here's some pictures of what I've got going so far.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20181118_121355
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 15426709308221841819479842921195
pretty happy with my job on the CAI especially. Got the IAT sitting at about 4 to 7 degrees F above ambient air temp according to the V2. I don't know if that's especially good or not but I like to think the tape helped. Looks cool lol. I figured the air is moving quick enough to not heat up too much in the intake pipe.

Let me know what you think I should do next if anyone feels like it. Got my eye on a flowmaster 40 series muffler possibly.... Don't want to push this CVT too hard either
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20181116_180704

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20181103_171759

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20181119_175815

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20181027_152714

matt1989

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Lx
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 70776741-AE09-448A-9589-1332F7D488DA
Hi! First time Civic owner. Got it brand new just last Saturday. It’s a 2018 lx, not as exciting as some of y’alls with the higher trim but I love it, especially since it replaced a 2014 Nissan Versa.

CWTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R # 20866 and a 2009 Acura TSX for the daily grind....
Country flag
Whats up!?! So an old guy here...Was deep in the scene 98 - 2003 and then life took over....BUT, now I am happy to say.....It's GREAT to be back and having a mid-life crisis...Picked up a 2018 CW Type R on Tuesday :confused1:

So, here is a look back at my previous whip...96 Integra LS, built for show at the time
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! Front

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! Back

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! System

Now I am on to this...and going in a different direction -

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_3382.JPG

See y'all around!

flashcash

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hello, my name is Rob. Last week a put down a refundable deposit on a 2019 EX-L in Platinum White Pearl and Ivory interior. I took a test drive with a 2018 EX-L and was impresse with the ride, handling and overall quality.

I've been reading many threads including pros and cons to make sure I'm making the right decision and ultimately pull the trigger. Thus far my biggest concern is the oil/fuel dilution issue, though I'm not sure how big of a problem that might present.

Anyway, thanks for having me and am looking forward to discussing all things Civic!

Hondara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 T
Country flag
Hello everyone,

My name is Giorgos, 39 years old family man living in Athens Greece.
I am a prospective buyer of a new Honda Civic 1.5 Sport, searching for as much info as I can get before ordering my new car.
Hence joining your wonderful community.

I will (?) be a rookie in Japanese cars.
I have only owned German turbos so far.

As much as I liked and respected Japanese cars in the past, I was always put off by their rear suspension architecture and n/a engines (that's for affordable cars segment anyway).
They just weren't too fun to drive for me (talking about lower spec cars, not Type Rs, Intergras etc. which are/were great but over my budget
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! icon_smile
).
So three years ago I read about the upcoming 10th gen. Civic and I started jumping on my chair
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! icon_smile

It seemed that everything I wanted was there. It just took 10 generations for the civic to appeal to me
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! icon_biggrin

Anyway, currently I am about to pull the trigger and order one.
I am between the Civic 1.5 T Sport and the Focus 1.5 T 180hp ST Line, but I am heavily leaning towards the Japanese.

Any thoughts are most welcome.

Nice to meet you all,

Giorgos

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Hello all, appreciate the welcome. I'm a 71 year old retired Biomedical Engineering Technician who has been driving Hondas since about 1980, have owned Civics, Accords & yes, a couple of Integras. Currently driving a White Orchard Pearl 2016 Civic EX-L coupe. I have just ordered a 2019 White ? Pearl Civic Touring Coupe (build date is supposed to be 12/6/18) will be getting trade value & closing the deal next Tuesday. The dealer will be changing out the Continentals for the new Michelin Primacy Tours, never had good results with Conti's. Getting the calipers painted red and have found a set of the "Turbo" decals that come on the Canadian models, possibly some other cosmetic mods and Mugen parts to liven things up a bit. Already enjoying and getting some good information from the threads here, seems like a friendly group. I have always driven Coupes, although I did have a serious look at a Fit EX-L now that they are NOT making them in Mexico, its going to be interesting to see how the 235/40/18's do in the snow here in Central Pa, kinda wish they had stayed with the 215/50/17's. But, it's all good, I'm getting a volume KNOB again!

Hopelessly old skool
Phil

BlueLdr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan (ABM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone, Eric here! I just bought my first new car 3 months ago, a 2018 Civic EX Sedan in beautiful Aegean Blue Pearl. I'm 100% new to the car modding scene, and I've been lurking around the forums for the past several weeks to get my bearings. I'm planning to upgrade the stereo and do some cosmetic mods including wheels, front grille, spicing up the interior trim, and 3D printing some custom emblems. I can't wait to dive into this new hobby, I'll be sure to share my experiences here!

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
Hello all,
I currently own a 2015 Si sedan lease that I’m looking at replacing in the Spring with a 2019 Si coupe. I don’t care for the look of the sedan and no longer need the sedan. 90% sure this is route I’m going although the Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT intrigues me.

I also have a 2018 Fit Sport 6MT that replaced my 2000 Civic Si and just sold my modifed 2010 Mazda MX-5 so I can buy a 2019 MX-5 (manual of course) in the Spring. The MX-5 is why I’m not interested in the Type R. It’s a neat car but I’m want a RWD sports car for my toy and Honda won’t make a new S2K.
Sponsored