Rickm1088

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I have a 2018 Si sedan with 3500 miles on it and I am in love just one thing, my steering gearbox. I noticed last Monday that there was a small crack on my power steering gearbox is what they said at honda that grew over a few days and left me without a car for a week while parts came in a replaced. Got the car Thursday due to weather did not drive it till today and decided to check the work to see the replacement part was also cracked.

Is this an ongoing issue dose anyone else have it? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I thought I'd ask here. Maybe its the wrong place to ask not sure I'm new to this lol
Sponsored

liljay2008

First Name
Jide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
I have a 2018 Si sedan with 3500 miles on it and I am in love just one thing, my steering gearbox. I noticed last Monday that there was a small crack on my power steering gearbox is what they said at honda that grew over a few days and left me without a car for a week while parts came in a replaced. Got the car Thursday due to weather did not drive it till today and decided to check the work to see the replacement part was also cracked.

Is this an ongoing issue dose anyone else have it? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I thought I'd ask here. Maybe its the wrong place to ask not sure I'm new to this lol
Your power steering gearbox?? You mean the power steering or the gearbox??

OP
OP
Rickm1088

Rickm1088

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Your power steering gearbox?? You mean the power steering or the gearbox??

That's what they told me was the issue when I took it in you could see it just from looking down on the passenger side right under the engine

liljay2008

First Name
Jide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
Oh wow....so I have no crack on mine and I have a 17 coupe since 17... think you were just unlucky with this but then again, I have seen situations where they order new stuff and it just breaks the next day so it’s prolly just a bad part and they gotta fix it for ya

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Maybe I am confusing this with something different, but I thought I read on here about a recall for the steering rack on certain 2016+ Civic steering racks. This could be the reason.

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
Sorry.....Didn't mean to drop that whole pallett of parts from the forklift at the warehouse but that new cute office gal was bending over in that REAL short skirt and I lost my concentration! :D

OP
OP
Rickm1088

Rickm1088

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
wow. i got nuthing like that. totally take it back. thats a safety hazard
Lol so they said it's part of the casing and it's normal all of them came that way and the only reason honda approved it was bc it was a complain, seems like some fuckery here so guess I'm going to another honda smh

OP
OP
Rickm1088

Rickm1088

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Sorry.....Didn't mean to drop that whole pallett of parts from the forklift at the warehouse but that new cute office gal was bending over in that REAL short skirt and I lost my concentration! :D
Pretty much they said all the parts came like that that's it's not a crack

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would have asked if it was supposed to have a clear crack in it, why are the cracks different on each part. Also can you show this to me on another car in your lot

OP
OP
Rickm1088

Rickm1088

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I would have asked if it was supposed to have a clear crack in it, why are the cracks different on each part. Also can you show this to me on another car in your lot
I haven't gone back to them yet I emailed the service advisor with pics and asked what's up, and they responded with that just funny that they think consumers are completely stupid
Sponsored