Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Guys,
I am new to this forum. Switched my old Toyota Corolla and got a 2019 Civic Si.
Welcome to the Rallye Red and Si clubs!

Night and day from the Corolla. Car and Driver once described the Corolla and Camry as “Ideal For people who think of a car the same way they do a refrigerator.”

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Good choice, moved from a refrigerator to a 4-door sports car! Your commutes will be more interesting:thumbsup:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Hey Guys,
I am new to this forum. Switched my old Toyota Corolla and got a 2019 Civic Si.

IMG_20190205_142111.jpg

IMG_20190130_075156.jpg

IMG_20190205_142136.jpg
Hey, I love the Toyota Corolla. They last and last and last and last and just will not break down no matter how hard you try. But hey congrats!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Welcome to the Rallye Red and Si clubs!

Night and day from the Corolla. Car and Driver once described the Corolla and Camry as “Ideal For people who think of a car the same way they do a refrigerator.”
If that refrigerator lasts you over 200K, then it's a damn good refrigerator

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
If that refrigerator lasts you over 200K, then it's a damn good refrigerator
Yeah they are good. I drove that from East to West without any troubles during my travel.

Only thing is it feels boring and slow

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
If that refrigerator lasts you over 200K, then it's a damn good refrigerator[/

I had a Corrola a few years ago as a rental, decent, fairly competent but utterly boring, couldn't wait to get back to my Civic (at that time a 13 EX Coupe). The ability to compare the two platforms was interesting. Drove the 13 for 80k & traded on a 16 EX-L, (both coupes) Even the guy at Enterprise apologized that he didn't have anything more " interesting " Recently rode with a friend who has & loves Camerys, had good luck with them, still kinda bland & generic feeling, having recently had a loaner Accord, was able to compare, the Accord was a nice car, Sport trim, but was still glad to get back to my Civic, just flat-out enjoy driving it. Like the size, feel, handling, pretty much everything. I think it comes down to finding a car you get overall satisfaction & enjoyment from. Everyone's clock gets wound by a different key!:)

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey, I love the Toyota Corolla. They last and last and last and last and just will not break down no matter how hard you try. But hey congrats!
I agree with you. Toyota prefers long life over power

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah they are good. I drove that from East to West without any troubles during my travel.

Only thing is it feels boring and slow
They are indeed boring, but that's why they last. I bought one in 1995, and it stayed in my family until about 3 years ago when my nephew traded it in thru a program called Cash for clunkers and got $8,500 towards a Prius. I paid about $13K for it so not a bad return. It was still running good at over 200K on it, although the body was falling apart

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
These days Camry feels very underpowered. We need to wait for 5min to get a response after pressing the gas pedal . Accord is way better compared to Camry in every way

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They are indeed boring, but that's why they last. I bought one in 1995, and it stayed in my family until about 3 years ago when my nephew traded it in thru a program called Cash for clunkers and got $8,500 towards a Prius. I paid about $13K for it so not a bad return. It was still running good at over 200K on it, although the body was falling apart
My car was at 185k and sold it for 3k. The rear quarter panels were getting rusty near wheel wells but the engine was perfect and lasts long with very minimal maintenance.

I hope someone starts a maintenance thread and make it sticky in this forum. I am more of a DIY guy and Toyota nation forums has a thread for all maintenance related stuff

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a 2006 Camry SE V6, it has the 3.3L which was the biggest engine for the Camry at the time (same engine as the Sienna), nothing boring about that car, although it doesn't handle winding roads nearly as well as my Si. It has 140K on it, has never had any mechanical issues in 12 years except a leaking power steering hose which I replaced last year. I gave it to my daughter when she started college. I love that car so much I offered to teach her how to drive a manual and trade with the Si, she has no interest in trading even though the Civic is new. This is my first Honda BTW, I absolutely love it. Hopefully it will give me the same trouble free years as my Toyotas!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
These days Camry feels very underpowered. We need to wait for 5min to get a response after pressing the gas pedal . Accord is way better compared to Camry in every way
That's more the throttle and transmission programming which is setup for fuel economy. Also these new automatic transmissions have like a million gears now (OK, the Camry has 8) and again, that is for fuel economy. Drive the Camry XSE with the 3.5L V6 and you will feel no sluggishness whatsoever. I would have bought it, but it is nearly $40K. Even used they are like $30K

You made a good choice, this is a great car, lots of fun and best of all it's economical and cheap. Hopefully we will get many years out of it
Sponsored