19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Ive owned and tracked a wide variety of cars from corvettes to Miatas or FD Rx7 and have to say this is probably my favorite car. You’ll barely notice it’s FWD, so composed and fun to drive.
I
Ive owned and tracked a wide variety of cars from corvettes to Miatas or FD Rx7 and have to say this is probably my favorite car. You’ll barely notice it’s FWD, so composed and fun to drive.
Nice! my wife owns a 2004 Miataspeed with 20k miles. Sold my Tundra, featherlight trailer and 944 turbo S track car. All got to be a bit too much!
Now it's the CTR for daily driver, grocery getter and occasional track day event.
Sponsored

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I feel that’s where it really shines. Can replace a solid 2-3 cars in one bundle of joy.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Did another alignment yesterday
BBA3266E-3B7B-43A4-A1EE-9EA6C791BC25.jpeg
Wow, it looks like you added over 2 degrees of caster from the factory spec. Was that from the lower ball joints?

Edit: I seem to be finding contradictory info out there, with some alignment sheets putting the factory caster range from 7.5-8.5, and some putting it from 4.5-5.5. So now I'm unsure whether your value is factory spec or not.

Last edited:

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Wow, it looks like you added over 2 degrees of caster from the factory spec. Was that from the lower ball joints?

Edit: I seem to be finding contradictory info out there, with some alignment sheets putting the factory caster range from 7.5-8.5, and some putting it from 4.5-5.5. So now I'm unsure whether your value is factory spec or not.
Yes it’s from the Hardrace ball joints, they adjusted it to those specs because of my wheel setup at the time which is not an aggressive setup.

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So how does your car handle and feel with almost -3 degrees chamber? I set mine to -2 degrees and had the alienment shop set my front and back toe to factory spec ( they were out for some reason) and I love the way my car feels and handles now. The only other CTR in my town belongs to a guy that works at Autozone. I let him drive my CTR around a few streets and he couldn't believe the difference from his CTR

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Unless you’re cornering hard you won’t feel a difference. All placebo effect

Jasonh

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne, FRS, M3
Country flag
So how does your car handle and feel with almost -3 degrees chamber? I set mine to -2 degrees and had the alienment shop set my front and back toe to factory spec ( they were out for some reason) and I love the way my car feels and handles now. The only other CTR in my town belongs to a guy that works at Autozone. I let him drive my CTR around a few streets and he couldn't believe the difference from his CTR
Unless you’re cornering hard you won’t feel a difference. All placebo effect
yep, I don’t drive it hard enough on the street to feel the difference. The car does tram line a little bit more but that’s about it.

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yep, I don’t drive it hard enough on the street to feel the difference. The car does tram line a little bit more but that’s about it.
I dialed in a bit more negative chamber as its suppose help with tire roll ( soft sidewall on stock tires)and that should help when I take the car on the track

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dialed in a bit more negative chamber as its suppose help with tire roll ( soft sidewall on stock tires)and that should help when I take the car on the track
It’ll 100% help on track

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’ll 100% help on track
We shall see : / I'm thinking of rotating the tires at the end of the first day, so I have something left to drive home with. It's a three day event at Roebling.I did buy a good used rim and installed a new tire. So at least I will have a full sized spare
I could use in a pinch.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you using the OEM 20s and stock tires? After 3 days they’ll be toast. I’d ruin a set of OEMs in one day. Can’t get rid of those fast enough.

I’ve added a lot of camber and it definitely helps on track like any car

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you using the OEM 20s and stock tires? After 3 days they’ll be toast. I’d ruin a set of OEMs in one day. Can’t get rid of those fast enough.

I’ve added a lot of camber and it definitely helps on track like any car
Yes I'm going to track with OEM tires, but plan to rotate them every day, then hopefully have enough to get back home. Roebling is not too bad on tires and brakes. Good excuse to get better tires Have you heard of Federal 595rs-RR tires They are from Australia and suppose to be very good for the price.
Sponsored