New Footage-3421 Type R Caught Driving

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
How much more or less functional is this here wing compared to the Type-R, guy?

Honda Civic 10th gen New Footage-3421 Type R Caught Driving wing-
Sponsored

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Yea the aero design was just tacked on to keep the ricers happy. No science or engineering went into it....

Oh wait......
hahaha exactly I'm amazed how RICERs pull up a wind tunnel video and actually grab science just by watching it. There are tons of wind tunnel videos out there from different cars and huge ridiculous wings not needed hahaha.

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes exactly that's why I know that the downward force claim from a huge wing is absolutely ridiculous.
"A car with a proper rear wing will be able to corner faster, brake faster, and can have reduced lift."

Type-R being a 'very performance oriented vehicle'.

Any more science and engineering that you want me to throw to you?

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't put that wing for functionality that is mainly for customization. I'm not make up stuff like oh I felt a huge change of that downward force when I was driving because there is none.
You are saying that the Type-R spoiler makes outlandish claims, but can you show evidence that backs up your claim?

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
"A car with a proper rear wing will be able to corner faster, brake faster, and can have reduced lift."

Type-R being a 'very performance oriented vehicle'.

Any more science and engineering that you want me to throw to you?
hahaha when its raining outside I drive pass by SIs, WRXs and a whole bunch of cars with a minivan. I'm like damn those cars should be able to handle way better with all that aero . Yes there is science behind aerodynamics but there is real world everyday driving and actual track application. There is also creative marketing campaigns that are targeted towards ignorants.

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
He's obviously a sad little troll. You guys are feeding him. Making him feel good about him self. So I guess that's a good thing...?:dunno:
He is actually an older military guy in his forties. I have seen his car around Chula Vista and at the Fuller Honda dealership. Completely different in person. Don't get him started on politics and stocks though... :/

Last edited:

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
You are saying that the Type-R spoiler makes outlandish claims, but can you show evidence that backs up your claim?
Even Honda can't backup their claim that the aero design is for total performance.