New Footage-3421 Type R Caught Driving

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
Stating facts is not hating.
If you stated it as opinion, that's fine, but stating the wing does absolutely nothing for the car's performance is just the salt talking. The Type-R variants were always track oriented for those who wants to track it (very few), and to those who might want to but are mostly street goers, it works for them too (vast majority).

While I do agree that the wing is a bit much and was probably designed with shock value in mind, to say it is non-functional and call it "rice" is just asking for the types of replies you're getting. To say people are buying this because of marketing hype or the big wing is also silly, people who will actually drop the cash and buy these cars couldn't care less about what others are saying and are probably aren't even on this board lol
Sponsored

TypeRMom

First Name
Ciaran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2013 Mazdaspeed 3, 2011 Mazda3, 1979 Datsun 280zx, 2004 honda civic, 1990 ford f150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you stated it as opinion, that's fine, but stating the wing does absolutely nothing for the car's performance is just the salt talking. The Type-R variants were always track oriented for those who wants to track it (very few), and to those who might want to but are mostly street goers, it works for them too (vast majority).

While I do agree that the wing is a bit much and was probably designed with shock value in mind, to say it is non-functional and call it "rice" is just asking for the types of replies you're getting. To say people are buying this because of marketing hype or the big wing is also silly, people who will actually drop the cash and buy these cars couldn't care less about what others are saying and are probably aren't even on this board lol
Rice...In my day, growing up...rice burners were Japanese motorcycles..."crotch rockets". So, naturally I grew up calling Japanese cars "riced out". So, essentially in my world my Honda is riced out.

My son has a total different outlook on "rice". He says that it is a "poser" (imposter) car who tacks on accessories to make their car look like a tough, fast car. Like putting a hood scoop on top of the hood with 3m. I actually believe that the term originated concerning any auto from Japan..which is awfully racist...but, we were a racist nation...What do you mean when you say "rice"?

Ciaran

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rice...In my day, growing up...rice burners were Japanese motorcycles..."crotch rockets". So, naturally I grew up calling Japanese cars "riced out". So, essentially in my world my Honda is riced out.

My son has a total different outlook on "rice". He says that it is a "poser" (imposter) car who tacks on accessories to make their car look like a tough, fast car. Like putting a hood scoop on top of the hood with 3m. I actually believe that the term originated concerning any auto from Japan..which is awfully racist...but, we were a racist nation...What do you mean when you say "rice"?

Ciaran
Rice nowadays is a Japanese car that the owner has over modified in the worst way, as in the accessories serve no functional purpose. German cars, it's called Kraut. From my experience, Muscle car guys call any Japanese car, modified or not, rice.

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag

Ciaran
I say rice in its most extreme definition, meaning gaudy body kits and wings that doesn't compliment the car's lines or barely fits and or hanging off, stick on vents, tacked on axle back that is just plain loud and obnoxious, coil-overs cranked to the last thread with oil pan scraping on the ground, extreme negative camber, any sort of additional lighting, any single or combination of these can be called rice.

Personally, I've never encountered the racist use of the term "rice", it was always in the context of modification done to a car with extremely poor execution, lack of form and function.

96A80

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '99 Civic Si EBP, '07 S2000, '12 Silverado Z71. Past: '96 Supra Turbo (sold), '08 Mugen Si (sold), '04 S2000 (sold)
Rice nowadays is a Japanese car that the owner has over modified in the worst way, as in the accessories serve no functional purpose. German cars, it's called Kraut. From my experience, Muscle car guys call any Japanese car, modified or not, rice.
My S2000 was 100% stock and was called rice by a bunch of Vette owners lmao.

TypeRMom

First Name
Ciaran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2013 Mazdaspeed 3, 2011 Mazda3, 1979 Datsun 280zx, 2004 honda civic, 1990 ford f150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I say rice in its most extreme definition, meaning gaudy body kits and wings that doesn't compliment the car's lines or barely fits and or hanging off, stick on vents, tacked on axle back that is just plain loud and obnoxious, coil-overs cranked to the last thread with oil pan scraping on the ground, extreme negative camber, any sort of additional lighting, any single or combination of these can be called rice.

Personally, I've never encountered the racist use of the term "rice", it was always in the context of modification done to a car with extremely poor execution, lack of form and function.
No, I don't mean that the term used today is racist, but it used to be. Many terms that we use today go way back to racist terms that we didn't know. Like.." I jewed the GM down to below MSRP...."

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
No, I don't mean that the term used today is racist, but it used to be. Many terms that we use today go way back to racist terms that we didn't know. Like.." I jewed the GM down to below MSRP...."
Yes, we all have to be mindful...

back to the rice thing...there can still be a tastefully modded japanese vehicles that are not "riced" out, tho.
just make sure there are no decals! :thumbsup:

TypeRMom

First Name
Ciaran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, we all have to be mindful...

back to the rice thing...there can still be a tastefully modded japanese vehicles that are not "riced" out, tho.
just make sure there are no decals! :thumbsup:
I am going to put decals ALL OVER my car....not really. But I will have a window decal

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Downforce at speed...google it.
BTW that comment you made earlier going 60 is ridiculous. You do not feel that downward force at highway speeds. Get yourself better tires and I am willing to bet your car will handle way better than someone with an oversized wing. If you go to the track FWD cars have a huge spoilers in their front ends not the rear.

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
You have no idea what you are talking about.... :lol:

http://www.itrca.com/

IMG_4566.JPG
Yes I understand where you are coming from but driving a car with a ridiculously huge wing especially on the street does not make you a track driver it will not gain any sort of performance. It only makes the driver look like a fool.

HondaSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Yes I understand where you are coming from but driving a car with a ridiculously huge wing especially on the street does not make you a track driver it will not gain any sort of performance. It only makes the driver look like a fool.

Could you just go buy a used Nissan Altima or something? One of the benchmarks of the Type R was to set a record lap on the Nurburgring. They would not add any aero that could potentially cause unnecessary drag or weight. You're allowed to not like it, but I'm pretty sure the engineers designing the car are the authority here. Please discontinue your whining. I'm embarrassed for you at this point.

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic

The development of this Type R was closely watched by car enthusiasts all over the world and the whole time Honda made adjustments to its suspension where they came up with that dual axis system to reduce torque steer, turbo etc. They did not refit the type R with different types of wings to measure drag. The only time they claimed performance was when auto reviewers questioned Honda about the ridiculous aero design. So I'm not the only one claiming how ridiculous this car looks like so yes it is RICEd out. Some even call it the first RICEd out production car.
I could careless who buys this car but when they say all that ridiculous aero is for track then that just shows how ignorant these people are about the track.

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The development of this Type R was closely watched by car enthusiasts all over the world and the whole time Honda made adjustments to its suspension where they came up with that dual axis system to reduce torque steer, turbo etc. They did not refit the type R with different types of wings to measure drag. The only time they claimed performance was when auto reviewers questioned Honda about the ridiculous aero design. So I'm not the only one claiming how ridiculous this car looks like so yes it is RICEd out. Some even call it the first RICEd out production car.
I could careless who buys this car but when they say all that ridiculous aero is for track then that just shows how ignorant these people are about the track.
Yea the aero design was just tacked on to keep the ricers happy. No science or engineering went into it....

Oh wait......

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Could you just go buy a used Nissan Altima or something? One of the benchmarks of the Type R was to set a record lap on the Nurburgring. They would not add any aero that could potentially cause unnecessary drag or weight. You're allowed to not like it, but I'm pretty sure the engineers designing the car are the authority here. Please discontinue your whining. I'm embarrassed for you at this point.
In the real world I have seen Sentras and Corollas beat SIs or WRXs on time attacks. The Type R lap time around the Nurburgring will not make other type R drivers fast. Now that is embarrassing.
Sponsored