New Footage-3421 Type R Caught Driving

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
i think the guy just ignores proof and replies to posts he can somewhat argue against.. which he only has one point.. that the VW can go fast without the aero package...
either way... the VW is BORRRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

There is a reason they do basic wind tunnel tests... and there is reason why some high end sports cars have a wing that comes out when they reach certain speeds..

and your post about passing STis and others in the rain? i call bull shit... when i had my STi and WRX i could still handle like a champ in the rain...don't even mention Snow...
and u go be happy in your mini van.. why are you even on here in the first place?

Who is the real ricer here, the guy driving the CTR or the guy doing fly by's of STi's in his Odyssey?
Sponsored

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Dude I could care less if you buy 2 or 3 Type Rs. If you like huge wings great more power to you, however spinning ones infatuation of huge wings into some unproven science of downward force is just ridiculous.
So the ten second difference between the Nismo and Track Edition GT-R is because it has a whopping 6 percent more HP and the Aero does nothing?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
So the ten second difference between the Nismo and Track Edition GT-R is because it has a whopping 6 percent more HP and the Aero does nothing?
Negative according to ipinsao...
Now, we all CTR's have to be careful when VW finally put that big wing in the back to try to break CTR green hell lap time.
Maybe that's when ipinsao will change his mind about big wings, is when it's on the back of Golf R...

Lets all call it what it is, ipinsao simply hates CIVICs, and he's just using the big wing as an excuse to talk shit, that's all!
Anything but a Civic with a big wing, ipinsao is ok with.

Dude we read you like a fucking book!

TypeRMom

First Name
Ciaran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2013 Mazdaspeed 3, 2011 Mazda3, 1979 Datsun 280zx, 2004 honda civic, 1990 ford f150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i think the guy just ignores proof and replies to posts he can somewhat argue against.. which he only has one point.. that the VW can go fast without the aero package...
either way... the VW is BORRRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

There is a reason they do basic wind tunnel tests... and there is reason why some high end sports cars have a wing that comes out when they reach certain speeds..

and your post about passing STis and others in the rain? i call bull shit... when i had my STi and WRX i could still handle like a champ in the rain...don't even mention Snow...
and u go be happy in your mini van.. why are you even on here in the first place?
I can't drive...55...or in the rain here for shhhhit. But, if I have my Blizzak's on, i cant slip or slide, nor do 55!

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
Negative according to ipinsao...
Now, we all CTR's have to be careful when VW finally put that big wing in the back to try to break CTR green hell lap time.
Maybe that's when ipinsao will change his mind about big wings, is when it's on the back of Golf R...

Lets all call it what it is, ipinsao simply hates CIVICs, and he's just using the big wing as an excuse to talk shit, that's all!
Anything but a Civic with a big wing, ipinsao is ok with.

Dude we read you like a fucking book!
. LOL. Nice, all true. ;)

TypeRMom

First Name
Ciaran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2013 Mazdaspeed 3, 2011 Mazda3, 1979 Datsun 280zx, 2004 honda civic, 1990 ford f150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want to buy the Type R and don't care what it looks like that's good go for it. However it's just ignorance and just dumb RICEr mentality when people claim that all that ridiculous aero is for downward force. Especially when its close competitors like the Golf has no need for such things.
First off, I do care what it looks like. I dont care what YOU or anyone else thinks it looks like...Secondly, the fin on the CTR is NOT that outrageous. Its just bigger than the Golf's (which you say has no need for...but it does have one. Sie haben einen kleinen Schwanz or 小さなペニスを持つ.). Are you not understanding that the GOLF sucks ass. First off, for us Americans its forbidden fruit -- verbotene Frucht. Secondly...

"To build a Civic Type R-fighter, Volkswagen started with a standard 261-horsepower GTI Clubsport, cranked the engine up to produce 305 horses and reduced weight to 2883 lbs. VW took the weight savings very seriously, opting to remove the back seats and sticking with a manual gearbox, rather than a heavier, but quicker shifting dual clutch"

But, i must say...thank you for keeping me busy while I am waiting for my car..
Thats not a fin....THIS is a fin!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Footage-3421 Type R Caught Driving Wing+car1206730419

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
I came across this on accident.

"How did the new Type R improve its time so much over the old model? Honda says it's mainly due to improved stability. Lead chassis engineer Ryuichi Kijima said: "The cornering speed achieved in the new Type R is higher because the car features a wider track and tyres, a longer wheelbase, new multi-link suspension in the rear and improved aerodynamics that improve stability."

Propaganda is everywhere... :popcorn:

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Speaking of super big wings, I wonder if the guy feels the same about the Supras back in the 90's.

NiltyTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTi
As the current owner of a 2015 GTI with a custom ProTune and other light mods... the GTI is so f@cking BORING! I hate this car lol. Ive had it for about two years and i have enjoyed pretty much every single other car I've owned more than this one. It is light and quick but everything is extremely numb. The worse shifter and clutch feel in the world, softest motor mounts with tons of play, notchy and vague shifter feel, and a clutch thats pretty much maxed out from the factory. Dont get me wrong its a great new car to buy....if your 72.

The clubsport S is BS. Who knows how much they sold for, theres only 400 ever made(i'll probably never see one in real life), it's more rare than a bugatti. The Clubsport S has lexan windows instead of glass and they removed the rear seats. I wouldn't call that a production vehicle at all! O and it has a wing?

The Type R will definitely be styled a bit more "loud" but it will hopefully also be a spectacular DRIVERS CAR. I enjoy the connection between me, the machine, and the road. It's all about feedback and personality. Ive noticed after making tons of power on this GTI that no amount of power will make it fun. You can never turn traction control or the electronic nannies off 100% and the car feels like it gave up on life before it was even born, not to mention I've already had some weird electrical issues with it and it only has 16k miles on the clock.

Clubsport S is a hoax. VW couldn't beat the record fair and square so they bent the rules IMO.

/endrant

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
As the current owner of a 2015 GTI with a custom ProTune and other light mods... the GTI is so f@cking BORING! I hate this car lol. Ive had it for about two years and i have enjoyed pretty much every single other car I've owned more than this one. It is light and quick but everything is extremely numb. The worse shifter and clutch feel in the world, softest motor mounts with tons of play, notchy and vague shifter feel, and a clutch thats pretty much maxed out from the factory. Dont get me wrong its a great new car to buy....if your 72.

The clubsport S is BS. Who knows how much they sold for, theres only 400 ever made(i'll probably never see one in real life), it's more rare than a bugatti. The Clubsport S has lexan windows instead of glass and they removed the rear seats. I wouldn't call that a production vehicle at all! O and it has a wing?

The Type R will definitely be styled a bit more "loud" but it will hopefully also be a spectacular DRIVERS CAR. I enjoy the connection between me, the machine, and the road. It's all about feedback and personality. Ive noticed after making tons of power on this GTI that no amount of power will make it fun. You can never turn traction control or the electronic nannies off 100% and the car feels like it gave up on life before it was even born, not to mention I've already had some weird electrical issues with it and it only has 16k miles on the clock.

Clubsport S is a hoax. VW couldn't beat the record fair and square so they bent the rules IMO.

/endrant
:pickme: Is 400 units even consider "production"?

EDIT: Well I guess it is, since the laferrari production is like 399 units.
Guess I've answered my own question
Sponsored

Last edited: