New exhaust recommendations needed

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0T Sport | '18 Civic EX-T Coupe CVT (destroyed)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have a custom shop made 3" exhaust on my EXT coupe; no mufflers or resonators, and am also running PRL catless DP and FP). The shop-made front pipe-back portion is really rusting through at every weld point (it's aluminized steel, and in the NE the road treatment just eats the metal), so I'm looking at replacement/repair options.

I am also finally at a point where I am just absolutely tired with how loud the car is. Everything that is plastic inside rattles between 2000-2600rpm in the most obnoxious possible way. The rear speaker deck literally sounds like someone has a turbocharged vibrator against the structure. The plastic pillars in the front and back vibrate and rattle like mad. The dome light structure on the ceiling rattles constantly. Forget talking with a passenger while driving aggressive in S or L unless you like nearly yelling, the entire cabin is almost mute from the volume. Highway driving isn't too bad with drone (mind you my definition of bad is probably a lot worse than most people could deal with), but my god dropping into neutral while going down a hill is just so peaceful.

All that said, I am considering the following options:

1.) Get the rusted welds repaired, and slap on 1 muffler (no idea what kind or brand) in the mid-pipe before the split rear. I am hesitant about getting 2 mufflers (1 for each side) since I am unsure if I will be able to retain my 4" burnt exhaust tips going that route. I do not want to lose these.

2.) Go get a whole new exhaust made at a shop that mandrel bends, tig welds, and uses 304 stainless steel, and add a muffler or 2. This will be the longer lasting solution but definitely over $1,000 job. I also would likely go with a 2.5" soluton instead of 3" here. I'm pretty low on Tein coils now, and I scrape the exhaust mostly daily because of how large the diameter of 3" pipe hangs.

3.) Get a pre-made exhaust kit from any one of the vendors that make exhausts for our cars. I am having trouble with this. I can't seem to find anything that will work with the EXT coupe because the coupe is split rear, AND has a shorter length than the sedan and hatchback. I've reached out and talked to some manufacturers for some I thought would work, but they confirmed it was sedan only due to length. If anybody knows any kits that are guaranteed to fit a non-si coupe with split rear, please post them below.

Really hoping to get a good amount of replies here. Thanks!
Sponsored

arthus

First Name
Arthus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic lx hatchback 2017
Country flag
From all the looking around I did, no company makes an exhaust system for the non-sport models. I think HKS indonisha does but they will not sell to individual buyers and no companies carry the product. From what I found best bet is a flow master resistor with custom piping like https://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-civic-hatchback-ex-with-flowmaster-dbx.12666/

If you do find am exhaust let us know!

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have a custom shop made 3" exhaust on my EXT coupe; no mufflers or resonators, and am also running PRL catless DP and FP). The shop-made front pipe-back portion is really rusting through at every weld point (it's aluminized steel, and in the NE the road treatment just eats the metal), so I'm looking at replacement/repair options.

I am also finally at a point where I am just absolutely tired with how loud the car is. Everything that is plastic inside rattles between 2000-2600rpm in the most obnoxious possible way. The rear speaker deck literally sounds like someone has a turbocharged vibrator against the structure. The plastic pillars in the front and back vibrate and rattle like mad. The dome light structure on the ceiling rattles constantly. Forget talking with a passenger while driving aggressive in S or L unless you like nearly yelling, the entire cabin is almost mute from the volume. Highway driving isn't too bad with drone (mind you my definition of bad is probably a lot worse than most people could deal with), but my god dropping into neutral while going down a hill is just so peaceful.

All that said, I am considering the following options:

1.) Get the rusted welds repaired, and slap on 1 muffler (no idea what kind or brand) in the mid-pipe before the split rear. I am hesitant about getting 2 mufflers (1 for each side) since I am unsure if I will be able to retain my 4" burnt exhaust tips going that route. I do not want to lose these.

2.) Go get a whole new exhaust made at a shop that mandrel bends, tig welds, and uses 304 stainless steel, and add a muffler or 2. This will be the longer lasting solution but definitely over $1,000 job. I also would likely go with a 2.5" soluton instead of 3" here. I'm pretty low on Tein coils now, and I scrape the exhaust mostly daily because of how large the diameter of 3" pipe hangs.

3.) Get a pre-made exhaust kit from any one of the vendors that make exhausts for our cars. I am having trouble with this. I can't seem to find anything that will work with the EXT coupe because the coupe is split rear, AND has a shorter length than the sedan and hatchback. I've reached out and talked to some manufacturers for some I thought would work, but they confirmed it was sedan only due to length. If anybody knows any kits that are guaranteed to fit a non-si coupe with split rear, please post them below.

Really hoping to get a good amount of replies here. Thanks!
Dude easy Peasy aFe exhaust i love the sound and the look quality and its 304 Stainless Steel youre going to love it, have the same shop cut it down and weld boom done

OP
OP

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From all the looking around I did, no company makes an exhaust system for the non-sport models. I think HKS indonisha does but they will not sell to individual buyers and no companies carry the product. From what I found best bet is a flow master resistor with custom piping like https://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-civic-hatchback-ex-with-flowmaster-dbx.12666/

If you do find am exhaust let us know!
yeah, I spent about another 2-3 hours searching and there’s nothing. The closest thing is I can get is Invidia N1, but it would be single exit only, and I wouldn’t be able to reuse my exhaust tips.

It looks like I’m going to have to go with the option of going to a shop that’s the next state over that can custom make me a mandrel bent stainless steel solution. I left them a message and hopefully he doesn’t come back to me with something absurd for pricing. No idea what to consider for a muffler though. Don't want to much sound lost and I don’t want to lose my cracks and pops on decel. Thinking of something from vibrant.

arthus

First Name
Arthus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic lx hatchback 2017
Country flag
Dude easy Peasy aFe exhaust i love the sound and the look quality and its 304 Stainless Steel youre going to love it, have the same shop cut it down and weld boom done
which exhaust system do you recommend? looking at aFe page https://afepower.com/vehicle-platforms/cars/sport-compact-takeda/honda-acura?p=1 there are quite a few. Did you get that exhaust and cut it down like you recommended? Also if so do you have sound clips? Thanks for the recommendation

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, I spent about another 2-3 hours searching and there’s nothing. The closest thing is I can get is Invidia N1, but it would be single exit only, and I wouldn’t be able to reuse my exhaust tips.

It looks like I’m going to have to go with the option of going to a shop that’s the next state over that can custom make me a mandrel bent stainless steel solution. I left them a message and hopefully he doesn’t come back to me with something absurd for pricing. No idea what to consider for a muffler though. Don't want to much sound lost and I don’t want to lose my cracks and pops on decel. Thinking of something from vibrant.
which exhaust system do you recommend? looking at aFe page https://afepower.com/vehicle-platforms/cars/sport-compact-takeda/honda-acura?p=1 there are quite a few. Did you get that exhaust and cut it down like you recommended? Also if so do you have sound clips? Thanks for the recommendation
I no longer have it as i sold my 1.5T, the sedan exhaust is the only non-si exhaust they make however the only thing that makes it not fit the coupe is the length the axle bend is in the same spot, just get it cut and welded everything else is the same

OP
OP

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I no longer have it as i sold my 1.5T, the sedan exhaust is the only non-si exhaust they make however the only thing that makes it not fit the coupe is the length the axle bend is in the same spot, just get it cut and welded everything else is the same
Is this what your talking about? https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-36615-l-takeda-2-304-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system

Are you saying that this can simply be "cut" and welded to reduce length, with NO additional bending required?

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this what your talking about? https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-36615-l-takeda-2-304-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system

Are you saying that this can simply be "cut" and welded to reduce length, with NO additional bending required?
That is what im saying if you compare the Si exhausts youll notice the bends are almost identical from sedan to coupe, then only thing you may have to do is adjust the hanger position, however! i have not tried this, I just do not know how much a custom mandrel bent exhaust from that other shop will cost

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That HKS looks pretty good, probably the closest I'll find to what I'm looking for in a pre-made kit.

The Magnaflow one, I think is an incorrect listing on that website. I have came across that one numerous times on numerous websites, and they all say for Sedan models with the split rear.

I'm picky at this point.. I want a full 2.5" system that will utilize my (or it's own provided) quad burnt style tips that are no smaller than a 3.5" outlet size. I'll update you guys when I get the quote back for how much the custom solution will be.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That HKS looks pretty good, probably the closest I'll find to what I'm looking for in a pre-made kit.

The Magnaflow one, I think is an incorrect listing on that website. I have came across that one numerous times on numerous websites, and they all say for Sedan models with the split rear.

I'm picky at this point.. I want a full 2.5" system that will utilize my (or it's own provided) quad burnt style tips that are no smaller than a 3.5" outlet size. I'll update you guys when I get the quote back for how much the custom solution will be.
at this point all the money youve spent or going to spend im just curious why didnt you buy the Si?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you thought about an Injen exhaust? I purchased one used. Then modified it. It'll probably be the quietest aftermarket exhaust you have ever heard. And it's 3". It's not on the car atm.
Here's a link to the exhaust I installed and the changes I did to it over time. Injen Exhaust

I don't care for noise and like quiet. I'm more function over form these days as well. So this had fit the bill perfectly until I noticed I didn't lose any hp/tq with my stock exhaust.
Honda Civic 10th gen New exhaust recommendations needed xcelerator-muffler-6-

OP
OP

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
at this point all the money youve spent or going to spend im just curious why didnt you buy the Si?
Yeah, I have that regret frequently. Everything I’ve done (parts and labor) is probably 8 or 9 grand.

Next car will be an Si. 2 more years left on the loan.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I have that regret frequently. Everything I’ve done (parts and labor) is probably 8 or 9 grand.

Next car will be an Si. 2 more years left on the loan.
Bruh, your equity and tax savings are higher now, why not trade out? swap back to stock yourself if you can, a good chunk of parts should transfer

OP
OP

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bruh, your equity and tax savings are higher now, why not trade out? swap back to stock yourself if you can, a good chunk of parts should transfer
To much of a hassle honestly. In the next 2 years there'll probably be an 11th gen Si, and I'll have this car I can use as a daily driver. This is currently my only car, and it'll be nice to put less miles on the new one.
Sponsored