New Civic Type R Feature Video

Apexial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si
looks like I just saved 35 to 40 K, that type R is awful ugly, can't say how much I hate it. So one more type R for somebody else. I'll stick to my 1998 Type R, my supercharged 2015 SI, my 2016 4dr Civic with beauty parts and my 2016 Camaro SS, I'm so completely disappointed not only with the type R but also with hatchback... just terrible looking. I was hoping for a coupe or the 4dr..... but alas. I know each to his own, I predict this is going to be a MAJOR flop. It is too ugly PERIOD.
Major flop? This car is, in a sense, already sold out. Some dealerships have 20+ deposits of which will be refunded when the 2 or 3 they get are claimed.
Sponsored

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
The only bye a CTR will see from me is my exhaust pipes. LOL 20 years waiting for this, and Honda has now slipped to the Acura level of offering pathetic ugly cars for absorbent prices and abysmal availability. Honda really had to try very hard for me to give up on the CTR and yep it literally LOOKS like they have succeeded.
looks like I just saved 35 to 40 K, that type R is awful ugly, can't say how much I hate it. So one more type R for somebody else. I'll stick to my 1998 Type R, my supercharged 2015 SI, my 2016 4dr Civic with beauty parts and my 2016 Camaro SS, I'm so completely disappointed not only with the type R but also with hatchback... just terrible looking. I was hoping for a coupe or the 4dr..... but alas. I know each to his own, I predict this is going to be a MAJOR flop. It is too ugly PERIOD.
Not sure if you trying to be badass boasting about your cars? or just try to be cool but Personally whoever boast about #$$%^ CAMARO and come to slash a ctr or any car is the last person i care about his opinion and btw if it is a MAJOR FLOP, Why you bother posting your EXPERT OPINION .. NONE OF US GIVE A DAMN MR OLDMAN . again as you said 'I know each to his own'. Ciao

oldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, Civic Si 2015, Supercharged Challenger
Vehicle Showcase
nobody here cares, just cluing you in
This is a forum, I can say hate it. It is really horrible looking. For the price and the performance this is a SAD excuse for something that is not even out yet. 2 decades for this beast. LOL, here is my near stock SS last year:

It is 100 HP more now with simple bolt ons and a tune. Sorry but Honda has shown up to late, with an ugly car, with performance WAY below what can be had at the same price. Heck the Oldlady's Volvo is something like 362 HP from 2.0 liters.. funny. There was a time when an R meant something. Not 50 HP less than an Oldlady's Volvo engine of the same size, slower than a production Golf or Focus, absolutely destroyed on any type of true street performance from a Camaro SS to Focus.

After the DC5 Type R we all know the UK CTR over the past decade or more was a joke with a high school package on it. At least with turbo 2.0 R there was some potential to make a lightweight ridged track focused car, but alas it is a high school package on steroids with HP specs and acceleration specs FAR below other cars.. 2 seconds slower than my SS 0-60 funny two seconds! 50 HP below a Volvo, about the same HP as a STI has had for what a decade or more. I've already owned my SS for a year, where is the type R? Um still vapor. Sorry if this car was sold say 4 years ago on a 2013 SI coupe I'd be wow. But now, well not now cause nobody can buy it and at an unknown price. Really pathetic attempt to bring back Honda into the performance arena. When Honda loses people like me, they have really lost their way.

Buying and owning a Type R in 1997 = wow. Buying and owning a 2018? Type R... um better hide from just about any other new performance car 35K up as even a Volvo will take it down hard... Camaro SS... LOL absolute embarrassed....

Oh I autoX and road race too... we will see.

Last edited:

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
This is a forum, I can say hate it. It is really horrible looking. For the price and the performance this is a SAD excuse for something that is not even out yet. 2 decades for this beast. LOL, here is my near stock SS last year:

It is 100 HP more now with simple bolt ons and a tune. Sorry but Honda has shown up to late, with an ugly car, with performance WAY below what can be had at the same price. Heck the Oldlady's Volvo is something like 362 HP from 2.0 liters.. funny. There was a time when an R meant something. Not 50 HP less than an Oldlady's Volvo engine of the same size, slower than a production Golf or Focus, absolutely destroyed on anytime of true street performance from a Camaro SS to Focus. After the DC5 Type R we all know the UK CTR over the past decade or more was a joke with a high school package on it. At least with turbo 2.0 R there was some potential to make a lightweight ridged track focused car, but alas it is a high school package on steroids with HP specs and acceleration specs FAR below other cars.. 2 seconds slower than my SS 0-60 funny two seconds!
:werd: tell us more about your super fast Camaro bro

oldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you trying to be badass boasting about your cars? or just try to be cool but Personally whoever boast about #$$%^ CAMARO and come to slash a ctr or any car is the last person i care about his opinion and btw if it is a MAJOR FLOP, Why you bother posting your EXPERT OPINION .. NONE OF US GIVE A DAMN MR OLDMAN . again as you said 'I know each to his own'. Ciao
Sorry if you can only listen to fanboys. The car is way under spec for a 2018 model. My opinion is it is ugly and Sebion 4 door Civic is much nicer. It is more than my opinion that as a streetcar it sports some dismal specs. HP about equal to what a STI had a decade ago, 50 HP below the current Volvo engine, 50 HP below the Benz engine, which is been axed this year as the next Benz 4 banger is going to be 400+ HP. Slower than a Golf or a Focus, don't even bring up V8 muscle.

AutoX, we will see but a 3200 lbs curb FWD is going to have a hard time with a 235ish size tire basic physics.

Clearly the 1997 Type R was ground breaking, the DC5 Type R was reasonable for the price (never sold here but the RSX-S was close), now it is um if I could buy it ( I can't), it poses no threat at all to other 35K performance cars..... Given that screaming high school package what are you going to do when the Camaro SS pulls up to you at the light, better pretend you are on your eye phone, cause trust me the dude is going to be laughing at you.

oldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lol You can hate all you want, all I said was nobody cares....apparently you seem to not see that
You are referring to a Type R owner, a Civic SI owner, a 2016 Civic sedan owner. Hate? more like complete disappointment with Honda, first a weak SI 1.5T and now picking IMO the ugliest 10th gen body style and even now it ain't like you can actually buy it. This is far too little, too late, too expensive. The type R has gone from flagship to um really? I'd be embarrassed to be in one when a real performance car comes by. All hypothetical of course cause you STILL can't buy one.

oldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Track guys don't humble brag... you aren't a real driver. Just cuz you did a HPDE once with a club doesn't make you a god among men.

I instruct at various of tracks in the Midwest yet I wouldn't come on here bragging about some bullshit turn key car I purchased. It's embarrassing.

If you don't like the car overall why be on the forum? You offer nothing of value other than videos of chevy. Cool story. Please do yourself a favor. Take some money... buy yourself more track time under proper instructors who will teach you that the car doesn't matter as long as you find happiness on the track.

Respect each other.

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR

It is 100 HP more now with simple bolt ons and a tune. Sorry but Honda has shown up to late, with an ugly car, with performance WAY below what can be had at the same price. Heck the Oldlady's Volvo is something like 362 HP from 2.0 liters.. funny. There was a time when an R meant something. Not 50 HP less than an Oldlady's Volvo engine of the same size, slower than a production Golf or Focus, absolutely destroyed on any type of true street performance from a Camaro SS to Focus.

After the DC5 Type R we all know the UK CTR over the past decade or more was a joke with a high school package on it. At least with turbo 2.0 R there was some potential to make a lightweight ridged track focused car, but alas it is a high school package on steroids with HP specs and acceleration specs FAR below other cars.. 2 seconds slower than my SS 0-60 funny two seconds! 50 HP below a Volvo, about the same HP as a STI has had for what a decade or more. I've already owned my SS for a year, where is the type R? Um still vapor. Sorry if this car was sold say 4 years ago on a 2013 SI coupe I'd be wow. But now, well not now cause nobody can buy it and at an unknown price. Really pathetic attempt to bring back Honda into the performance arena. When Honda loses people like me, they have really lost their way.

Buying and owning a Type R in 1997 = wow. Buying and owning a 2018? Type R... um better hide from just about any other new performance car 35K up as even a Volvo will take it down hard... Camaro SS... LOL absolute embarrassed....

Oh I autoX and road race too... we will see.
:lol:. Lol your camero is shit bud, sorry to break it to you. If you want to play on the track and brag about it, build or buy a real car. I know you have the know-how. You want 0-60 times? Your car can't hold a candle to AWD launches. You want a to try on the circuit against an exige or track prepped car? We'll see you when we lap you. UK CTR is slow? What does your camero run on the nür?

I almost feel bad for you, clearly you used to enjoy performance focused cars, but ended up falling in love with an overweight red light/highway queen. What happened?? I looked at your build thread, it's no joke, but man is this a sad case. I can only say I hope your obsession with hp and torque numbers pays off for you.. And volvos. Man you love them volvos. Way better than a Type R :crazy:

oldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
:lol:. Lol your camero is shit bud, sorry to break it to you. If you want to play on the track and brag about it, build or buy a real car. I know you have the know-how. You want 0-60 times? Your car can't hold a candle to AWD launches. You want a to try on the circuit against an exige or track prepped car? We'll see you when we lap you. UK CTR is slow? What does your camero run on the nür?
Feel free to post your 0-60 times with your fictional AWD, a stock camaro is rated at 4.0 0-60 and magazine times show the best of 3.9 seconds... that is bone stock on a plain SS. Not some stripped out STI on 4 wheel drag radials on a prep track. But please post your street 0-60. LOL

I almost feel bad for you, clearly you used to enjoy performance focused cars, but ended up falling in love with an overweight red light/highway queen. What happened?? I looked at your build thread, it's no joke, but man is this a sad case. I can only say I hope your obsession with hp and torque numbers pays off for you.. And volvos. Man you love them volvos. Way better than a Type R :crazy:
Must hurt that a Volvo and Benz have 50 to 60 more HP on an R that is not even released, Benz has announced an all new 2.0 liter at 400 HP for next year. LOL that is funny. 3650 lbs fully independent suspension 455 HP car that can go to 550 HP with a few bolt ons is not "overweight". It is either HP per weight or weight per tire size that makes the car "overweight". But I'll play with you.
Type R 2550 lbs 195 HP = 13.07 HP / lbs
2018 CTR 3100 lbs 316HP = 15.90 HP /lbs
2016 SS 3650 lbs 455 HP = 18.72 HP / lbs
Which car is overweight? right.....
Per tire size
Type R stock 195 max 215 13.08 lbs per mm of tire patch stock, 11.86 max (JDM ITR had 205 tires)
CTR stock 225? max 235 13.78 lbs per mm of tire patch stock, 13.19 max
SS stock 275 max 305 13.27 lbs per mm of tire patch stock, 11.97 max

So which car is "overweight" LOL... oh and don't bring up staggered tire size on Camaro as I laugh at the CTRs weight distribution, which would drop the weight per contact path into the abysmal range.

We all know 2 seconds faster 0-60 is HUGE, does that make a Camaro a red light / highway queen. Please look at the US tracks from willow springs on down and you will see the 6th gen completely dominating and that is still the track, the Camaro is very composed on the street and its dynamic stability control is exceptional. Soon the Z/28 DSS shocks (the most advanced shocks in the world) will be out. So please with the highway queen as I've owned an raced a type R for decades.

I would be all over this:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/my-sema-2016-build-with-seibon-carbon.6311/

but instead we got a high school package
I'm not the only one that is noting Honda chose the absolutely worst looking Civic ever to build the type R on:

http://nseavoice.com/cars/2018-honda-civic-type-r-can-this-make-up-for-its-looks-920022587.html

"Many people agree that Honda has made a mess with regard to the design of the all-new Honda Civic Type-R. The basic design of the Civic hatchback divides opinion, but the range-topping Type-R really knocks it out of the park in the ugly department."

oldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Track guys don't humble brag... you aren't a real driver. Just cuz you did a HPDE once with a club doesn't make you a god among men.

I instruct at various of tracks in the Midwest yet I wouldn't come on here bragging about some bullshit turn key car I purchased. It's embarrassing.

If you don't like the car overall why be on the forum? You offer nothing of value other than videos of chevy. Cool story. Please do yourself a favor. Take some money... buy yourself more track time under proper instructors who will teach you that the car doesn't matter as long as you find happiness on the track.

Respect each other.
Great, never said I was a god, unless you know some hot young girls; but I know what a straw-man argument is and you just want to spout off that is you that are god among race car drivers.. amen bro your a god.

I don't own any "turn key" cars, I leave that to professional instructors....

Sorry I did not know to be a forum member, I had to be a honda fanboy no matter what honda tries to sell.

Last edited:

Apexial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si
Why are you even here? Just to compare apples to oranges? Go get a hobby or maybe some friends, if that's not too hard for you to accomplish.