New Civic Si what mods should I consider?

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan
Country flag
Okay, so here's the deal. I'm getting the new Civic Si when it comes out. This will be my day to day car and I would like it to last for 10 years at the most. So what mods should I be looking into to increase its mid-range performance? (Basically I want to go from a stand still, to really fast. I don't really care about top speed and what not. Just as quick as I can accelerate is what I'm most interested in) I've been looking into cood air intakes and exhausts, as well as a cat back and possibly a bypass valve for the intake to prevent water from getting into the engine. But I'm very new to all this, so I don't know if getting these things will hurt my car in the long run. Like I said, this is a day to day car and I want it to last long, but I want to have some fun with it as well :p
Sponsored

uokrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic WOP Ex-T, 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
Country flag
Intake, Exhaust, intercooler, Bigger turbo, but you have to wait until parts start rolling out first.

OP
OP

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Would these mods damage the car over time? Or is it all determined by how I drive the car?

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Si and 2016 Civic LX Coupe (6spd)
Vehicle Showcase
1st "mod" I would do is pay for the car.. why invest money in aftermarket items on a car when you don't own it.. (just my opinion)
if you want a "faster" car just buy a faster car..

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
1st "mod" I would do is pay for the car.. why invest money in aftermarket items on a car when you don't own it.. (just my opinion)
i agree with this.. FWD sucks on the street once you start adding a bit of power.

OP
OP

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What car would you suggest that could last up to 10 years around $25,000 then? Because it seems like with the Civic being so promising, the Si is the right way to go, but I have plenty of time to save up and wait until the announcements are made and whatnot. I just would like an estimate on what I should get for when I do go car shopping, which should be around May.

2hot2handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC-TOURING, 2005 EVO VIII
Billet fuel rail, grounding kit and stainless steel vacuum lines.

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Si and 2016 Civic LX Coupe (6spd)
Vehicle Showcase
What car would you suggest that could last up to 10 years around $25,000 then? Because it seems like with the Civic being so promising, the Si is the right way to go, but I have plenty of time to save up and wait until the announcements are made and whatnot. I just would like an estimate on what I should get for when I do go car shopping, which should be around May.
I'm just saying if you want an SI that's great and you're right it'll last you 10 years for sure. my point is if you want to by a $25,000 car and then immediately dump $5-10K making is faster just buy a $30-$35K car.. (the 370z for example)..

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Anything not FWD.

Seems you're getting a new car for all the wrong reasons. Why not look at a base WRX and keep the warranty? The Si will be plenty engaging with great driving dynamics. Stoplight to stoplight performance is NOT one of them. Even the CTR is expected to suffer in this area.

OP
OP

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm just saying if you want an SI that's great and you're right it'll last you 10 years for sure. my point is if you want to by a $25,000 car and then immediately dump $5-10K making is faster just buy a $30-$35K car.. (the 370z for example)..
Woah. $5-10K is way more than I thought. At the most, I was looking at $5K. But the $5K I drop on upgrades will be over time, not all at once. But $25K would be affordable since I am putting a $13K down payment towards it to make the monthly payments around $200 or so.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Woah. $5-10K is way more than I thought. At the most, I was looking at $5K. But the $5K I drop on upgrades will be over time, not all at once. But $25K would be affordable since I am putting a $13K down payment towards it to make the monthly payments around $200 or so.
just get a real sports car like an ecoboost mustang or a v6 camaro. any drivetrain mods that significantly changes performance will drop your reliability significantly.

also, driver mods. If you want quarter mile times, go to the drag strip. if you want car control, go to track days and autox.

2hot2handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC-TOURING, 2005 EVO VIII
Actually do carbon fiber pedals (reduce weight, quicker pedal pressing), lumbar pad inserts and front and rear tow hooks.
Sponsored