New Civic Si Coupe. Best way to go about buying a spare tire?

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's finally available for purchase on hondapartsnetwork.com!!

168.61 + shipping (and tire which I'm gonna get on tirerack.com)

Imma order one right now.
I'm not seeing that price anywhere...if you 'piece' it together...it's a buttload more than that price.
Sponsored

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Anyone have a link? I'm not finding it under si sedan for some reason.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it, heh, Didn't think to look it under the body/air conditioning section

Last edited:

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Got an email from hondapartsnetwork.com in response to the order (I also ordered a couple of other little things from them):
The temporary kit you have ordered is currently on back order with no ETA on when it will be released. Do you want me to remove this item from your order and proceed with the other items or would you like me to cancel the whole order? Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
:cry:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Ouch, the shipping is almost as much as the whole package.
No kidding. I get $158.10 shipping for the $168.61 kit and $9.88 shipping on the $84.49 + tax tire, so for me that would be about $430 for a turnkey solution.

Even if I kept the car past the 3/36 roadside assistance warranty, $430 would pay for almost four tows. In 28 years of driving, I used a spare tire one time back in 2002. I've had several "flats", but they would hold enough air to make it to a tire place.

Got an email from hondapartsnetwork.com in response to the order (I also ordered a couple of other little things from them):

:cry:
Don't cry, little one! At least there is progress. Just because they have no ETA doesn't mean it won't become available literally any day now. :)

kevdc77

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Hiya,

I just picked up the new Si Coupe (White Pearl).

I was a bit miffed about the lack of a spare tire, but looking around here it looks like there is an option.

I'm in the USA, what is the best way to find and buy the entire kit and have it shipped to me?

Thanks!
I got the pearl myself. It’s used but only 6k on it. I noticed some paperwork inside my glovebox with a receipt for a full size tire and wheel. I texted the previous owner and he had purchased the same tire and size as the ones the car came with but on a steel wheel for a spare. He sold it to me for $100 and brand new it was $280. It still is brand new. I got a great deal on it. I’m just gonna leave it in my shed. If I have to go on a long trip than I will take it with me.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Don't cry, little one! At least there is progress. Just because they have no ETA doesn't mean it won't become available literally any day now. :)
I know, I know... And with 2018s being unchanged from 2017s it (becoming available for sale) is sort of a matter of time. Hopefully. :p

Last edited:

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic Si Coupe. Best way to go about buying a spare tire? upload_2018-2-7_9-49-50
still not for sale for coupe

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Folks, sorry to necro-post but I'm curious if anyone happened to develop an alternative to buying Honda's compact wheel kit. Anyone ever try to cobble together a full size spare kit? I'd like to tackle this no-spare problem next, and find myself wondering whether a full size spare is worth the trouble.

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
I bought for $89.99 a compact spare from a Lexis IS250/IS350 size 125/70D17 on the 17x4 rim.
Then bought a $75 the Honda Civic jack, lug wrench and jack connector tool from eBay.
And finally from listing that is shown bought items 9,10 and 12 from the dealer.

Thanks Honda for such a brilliant idea to substitute a goo box for a spare tire....you suck.

OP
OP

Mistborn7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I actually ended up buying the spare kit from honda parts network and then a tire from tire rack since it was way cheaper. I still have to go down to Les Schwab and get the tire seated to the wheel, but will do that next rotation.

To answer the recent question, full size spare would be really difficult in this car. You already lose several inches height in trunk space with the official spare. I don't think the circular indent that the wheel would fit in may be too small for a full size, the spare is a smaller tire.

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up buying mine from Benardi Honda (online)... I got the kit and tire (they installed the tire for free before shipping) for $388.41 shipped. I have a 17 coupe... It took me a while to find the kit and even when I found them they we anywhere from $500 to over $600...

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic Si Coupe. Best way to go about buying a spare tire? upload_2019-2-8_10-30-52
Sponsored

Last edited: