New Civic Si Coupe. Best way to go about buying a spare tire?

Mistborn7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hiya,

I just picked up the new Si Coupe (White Pearl).

I was a bit miffed about the lack of a spare tire, but looking around here it looks like there is an option.

I'm in the USA, what is the best way to find and buy the entire kit and have it shipped to me?

Thanks!
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Hiya,

I just picked up the new Si Coupe (White Pearl).

I was a bit miffed about the lack of a spare tire, but looking around here it looks like there is an option.

I'm in the USA, what is the best way to find and buy the entire kit and have it shipped to me?

Thanks!
Off topic, but I'm currently trying to decide between a white coupe and a Metal Steel Metallic coupe. Do you have any pictures of yours?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I
Wait until it becomes available. The spare tire kit is still showing up as "not for sale" in the parts lists and it includes the wheel, but not the tire which is separate.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Is this it?

• Kit Assy. *Nh554l*
    • Part Number: 06421-TBJ-A10ZA

Color: (STONE GRAY)
    Mfg. Origin: 'CAN'

Emission Types:
    KA - US - 49 State Spec

• Retail price: N/A
    • Your dealer price: $274.64

If so, it seems that I can add to cart on http://estore.honda.com/honda/parts/search-result.asp?m=2017-civic-2-si-6mt&dl=208726
Unfortunately I can't find any way to add that to the cart... :-/

I was able, however, to add all the relevant bits (minus the nozzle and labels) on hondapartsnetwork.com to their cart, including the actual tire (in addition to the wheel disk), and it resulted in a whopping $690.86 delivered! :fear::cry:

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic Si Coupe. Best way to go about buying a spare tire? upload_2017-6-29_8-39-51

Can't find this set at a better price anywhere (yet), and hesitating to pull the trigger and buy...

I don't understand how on earth the "kit assembly" (all these parts together? or is it?) is only 274 but all the parts separately are almost twice that?!

Any ideas, anyone?

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
I bet you could get the majority of those parts out of a wrecked Civic Hatchback sport in a few months. I know that doesn't help at the moment but it does give a cheaper option in the future.

FastFocusST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si, 2013 Ford Focus St
Can you buy the spare for the regular civic, the bolt should be the same ? That`s got to be available.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Unfortunately I can't find any way to add that to the cart... :-/

I was able, however, to add all the relevant bits (minus the nozzle and labels) on hondapartsnetwork.com to their cart, including the actual tire (in addition to the wheel disk), and it resulted in a whopping $690.86 delivered! :fear::cry:

upload_2017-6-29_8-39-51.png

Can't find this set at a better price anywhere (yet), and hesitating to pull the trigger and buy...

I don't understand how on earth the "kit assembly" (all these parts together? or is it?) is only 274 but all the parts separately are almost twice that?!

Any ideas, anyone?
For just over half that price, you can buy another aluminum wheel and tire and a jack and have a full-size spare. That's a consideration for me and for anyone who lives in an area where potholes aren't kind to the wheels for low-profile tires.

Can you buy the spare for the regular civic, the bolt should be the same ? That`s got to be available.
The Si has a different tire and wheel size than the regular Civic. If the spare tire from the regular Civic would work, Honda wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making new parts numbers and sourcing new parts.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
For just over half that price, you can buy another aluminum wheel and tire and a jack and have a full-size spare. That's a consideration for me and for anyone who lives in an area where potholes aren't kind to the wheels for low-profile tires.
Interesting thought; my problem with it is the amount of trunk space the full-size wheel/tire would take. It seems like a quarter of the trunk...
If nothing else works out, I'll get the donut and keep that in trunk, but I'm still hoping I can find the actual spare kit. Although now it seems the above link from estore.honda.com is no longer valid, like they pulled it... Can only find the repair kit there. What a sorry damn mess this spare tire business is. My only serious gripe about the Si; everything else had been awesome so far. (The cloth interior is a very minor one; the 303 Fabric Guard is on its way, and if push really comes to shove, I'll get the leather parts for the EX-L.)
I'll keep looking for a while longer, maybe some dealership within driving distance will have it, so I at least won't have to pay $191 for shipping...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was a complete spare tire toolkit on ebay for $100, then just pickup the spare for another $100 or so and you're done.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
There was a complete spare tire toolkit on ebay for $100, then just pickup the spare for another $100 or so and you're done.
Yeah that's definitely my last resort. I'm still hoping to have it under the (raised) trunk floor, like the design intended, instead of having two relatively large things floating around the trunk...

OP
OP

Mistborn7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Last edited:

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see any on ebay for the Si, tire is different sized as far as I understand. Plus...there are foam inserts to raise the trunk mat up since the trunk basin is shallower.

EDIT: I guess this is what it would look like http://www.civicx.com/threads/si-on-the-track.12219/#post-223482
I believe the spare tire toolkit/foam thing would be the same and the spare tire should be the same as the hatch sport at the very least if not the other models.

Once you get those to things you just need to find the trunk mat out of a wrecked sport.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I bet you could get the majority of those parts out of a wrecked Civic Hatchback sport in a few months. I know that doesn't help at the moment but it does give a cheaper option in the future.
I'm willing to bet the same components will be used from the Hatch Sport. Looks to be around $300 $600 wholesale:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2017&catcgry3=5DR+SPORT++(TOURING)&catcgry4=KACVT&catcgry5=WHEEL+DISK+(KA/KL)

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2017&catcgry3=5DR+SPORT++(TOURING)&catcgry4=KACVT&catcgry5=TOOLS+-+JACK

Last edited:

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Can't reach the site for some reason but looks like you're referencing these?
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...uously-Variable-Transmission-Wheel-Disk-KA-KL
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...Continuously-Variable-Transmission-Tools-Jack

If that's the case, I don't think that has much to do with the spare tire kit for the Si because it should include the spacers, top cover (to raise the trunk floor) and a bunch of other little things listed here: http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...c-Sedan-SI-6-Speed-Manual-Temporary-Wheel-Kit

If you're suggesting people just get the full-size wheel for spare and a jack to carry in the trunk (with the repair kit and the original floor still in place) -- then there might be some cheaper options to be found elsewhere, and, more importantly, a 'donut' tire is probably a much more practical choice for this option, given how much useful trunk space a full spare would consume.
Sponsored